Boyd - I'm trying too hard

Regardless of wether Boyd is trying too hard or not trying at all, his body language is terrible. It not like the young players don't see him. Need to be more in control and at least appear like a leader.

You quoted my reply to unbreakable and you call me confused!!!!!!!!!! Unbreakable wanted me to use slomo because he thought that would help or emphasize this perceived Boyd failure, it didn't because I didn't bother.

You actually quoted me at the top of the page...

You've embarassed yourself in this thread, but you are digging your heels in. I'd move on (thought you were done on the topic) - maybe take some advice, eh?

You quoted my reply to unbreakable and you call me confused!!!!!!!!!! And I am. I quoted incorrectly. Unbreakable wanted me to use slomo because he thought that would help or emphasize this perceived Boyd failure, it didn't because I didn't bother.

You quoted him when you responded to me mate..

Is everything alright? Do you know where you are?

You quoted him when you responded to me mate..

Is everything alright? Do you know where you are?
So you didn't read my post? I said I misquoted. This happens, even to perfect people.

So you didn't read my post? I said I misquoted. This happens, even to perfect people.

It was Milford trying to stop the try, by the by.

Also, you mean your edit. At first it was my mistake somehow.

Last edited:
Huge mate, I reckon you could've got closer to Crichton than Boyd did, and you're in your late 70's. It was a shithouse effort, in fact it feels wrong to even use the word effort in relation to that play.

I can see alternate views on the other things he's done, like slipping over and falling for dummies, but there's zero excuse for the lack of urgency he showed in that Roosters game.
I watched carefully and you know what I saw? I saw Boyd coming across at speed to possibly cover Crichton breaking through. He was travelling fast and Crichton cut back in, Boyd slowed as soon as possible but the action passed by simultaneously. You are off your head if you think Boyd could have done more. He was positioned correctly initially, reacted when he perceived a threat and did everything humanly possible. What would you have done differently or better? Don't just say you'd make a better effort. Tell me where you'd be and how you'd stop the try.

It was Milford trying to stop the try, by the by.

Also, you mean your edit. At first it was my mistake somehow.
Yes, my edit 60 seconds after my mistake. I know it was Milford, so fucking what? You highlighting his failure to stop yet another try?

Yes, my edit 60 seconds after my mistake. I know it was Milford, so fucking what? You highlighting his failure to stop yet another try?

Highlighting the effort you believe warrants dropping from the squad before Boyd.

I watched carefully and you know what I saw? I saw Boyd coming across at speed to possibly cover Crichton breaking through. He was travelling fast and Crichton cut back in, Boyd slowed as soon as possible but the action passed by simultaneously. You are off your head if you think Boyd could have done more. He was positioned correctly initially, reacted when he perceived a threat and did everything humanly possible. What would you have done differently or better? Don't just say you'd make a better effort. Tell me where you'd be and how you'd stop the try.

If you legitimately believe Darius did everything in his power to stop that try I've got nothing more to add mate, I think you've summed it up.

Great effort Darb, better luck next time.

If you legitimately believe Darius did everything in his power to stop that try I've got nothing more to add mate, I think you've summed it up.

Oh, so taking the Reyter way out and refusing to answer a question. I ask again, given the on field position of players, tell me what you'd have done.

As I have stated several times, I am one of the longest term and most consistent Boyd haters but if he is referring to the end of the Tigers game, he has a point. He ran out of the line to stop the dropkick attempt and then ran back to fullback position and had just arrived and turned back around when that Tigers player bust through. He should have been yelling at certain players to get up there and run out to stop the dropkick.

Other than that, it is of course a stupid comment. He is trying too hard to tackle?

Okay this comment has always grounded my gears .... yes he pressures the kicker and yes he runs back to the fullback position... he also leaves a huge gaping hole in the defensive line when he runs back. The same gaping hole that MCK waltzed through. If he held his line he win

Yes, I believe he did everything humanly possible to stop that try. I don't believe anyone on this planet could have stopped it unless they somehow KNEW the future and precisely where Crichton was going to be in relation to the try line.

Okay this comment has always grounded my gears .... yes he pressures the kicker and yes he runs back to the fullback position... he also leaves a huge gaping hole in the defensive line when he runs back. The same gaping hole that MCK waltzed through. If he held his line he win
And if someone chips over, or grubbers through for the win he'd be crucified for being out of position! Poor **** can't win with you lot.

Another example in the Roosters game is the Tedesco try.

6:48

Is Boyd meant to become the Flash or Neo or something? He would have had to break the speed of light to not stand there and watch, waving his arms.

Oates would have scored that first try easy if the pass was better. Boyd’s meant to be a master of the final pass. Could have changed the context of that game...

Have you ever played footy ? It's called drawing and passing, Oates needed to stay out and behind. He has overran a few times this year in scoring positions. All on Oates not boyd , funny how Corey hasn't copped shit but he's been playing just as bad imo

Last edited:

On first look it does appear that Boyd could have dived or lunged trying to dislodge the ball but I'd say he knew he was too far away to get him. Offa was initially impeded and Boyd was right to at least appeal the obstruction. Nobody has said Boyd hasn't made mistakes or been out of form but the rubbish on here is astounding. This example at least has merit @Tom unlike that bullshit about the Crichton try.

Unread

Active Now

• levikaden
  • Fozz
  • broncsgoat
  • Xzei
  • Broncosgirl
  • Mister Wright
  • Fitzy
  • Old Mate
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.