Brett Stewart under investigation for alleged sexual assault

I thoroughly believe Brett Stewart is innocent. There is no way he is a hetrosexual.

briareos said:
I thoroughly believe Brett Stewart is innocent. There is no way he is a hetrosexual.

LOLZ [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1.

Maybe it was Brett Stewart's girlish screams?

This whole thing is forked though.

Yeah Channel 9 are copping it for letting that one slip. Channel 7 are gleefully taking the moral high ground.

Brett was just in a press conference. He stated he just misses the Beaver.

The Rock said:
Apparently this girl's father has recently been charged with fraud. So for all we know he could be a liar.

He has done time for his crime.

It's got nothing to do with this.

They are trying to do a hatchet job on the family.

Nashy said:
Brett was just in a press conference. He stated he just misses the Beaver.

What beaver was he talking about. [icon_evillaugh :shock:

Is it unseemingly to gloat?

I will anyway...heh heh heh. :D

The Rock said:
Kaz said:
[quote="The Rock":27ineu8u]Apparently this girl's father has recently been charged with fraud. So for all we know he could be a liar.

[eusa_doh

You totally missed the point. If the bloke is/was a fraud then I wouldn't be surprised if he's a bullshit-artist.[/quote:27ineu8u]

Whether, the father of the girl has been convicted of fraud is irrelevant, IMO, as the girl is the one making the complaint. besides according to reports there were other witnesses to back up his and his daughters version of events.

Brett Stewart charged over sexual assault

Manly rugby league star Brett Stewart has been charged with the sexual assault of a teenager after a booze-fueled season launch in Sydney last Friday.

Stewart has been under police investigation after being accused of sexually assaulting a 17-year-old girl following the team function last week.

Police say Stewart had been chatting with the 17-year-old about 8pm (AEDT) on Friday outside his apartment block in North Manly before she was allegedly assaulted.

Stewart was arrested a short time later.

At the time, he declined a police interview and was released without charge, pending further investigation.

The Manly fullback, dressed in a suit, arrived at Dee Why police station around 6pm (AEDT) on Tuesday,

accompanied by coach Des Hasler and his lawyer.

After being questioned by police, the footballer was charged with with sexual assault.

"Shortly after 6pm, a 24-year-old North Manly man attended Dee Why police station and was arrested," police said in a statement.

"The man was spoken to by investigators regarding an alleged incident with a 17-year-old girl at a North Manly property during the evening of Friday, 6 March."

Stewart have been granted bail to appear at Manly Local Court on April 7.

http://livenews.com.au/Articles/2009/03 ... e_station_

The Rock said:
Kaz said:
[quote="The Rock":hntyf5cd]Apparently this girl's father has recently been charged with fraud. So for all we know he could be a liar.

[eusa_doh

You totally missed the point. If the bloke is/was a fraud then I wouldn't be surprised if he's a bullshit-artist.[/quote:hntyf5cd]

Hasn't he been rehabilitated? If so, why would his history even need to be mentioned/questioned?

HE should be de-registered from the NRL for a year and he can try and fail to get a visa to play in england.
I'm sick of dicks ruining the image of the NRL, de-register them and get them to play for the atherton roosters.

The Rock said:
You totally missed the point. If the bloke is/was a fraud then I wouldn't be surprised if he's a bullshit-artist.

No I didn't miss the point.

Whether the father has a criminal past shouldn't matter to this case.

It's about his daughter, NOT him.

Does anyone know how sure police have to be before they charge someone? Is it likely they have some solid evidence or would they just be going on witness reports? Perhaps our resident copper can enlighten us?

Apparently they scheduled an emergency meeting for 7:30 tonight, and top of the agenda is whether he'll play this weekend. I guess they're also going to discuss what will happen long-term.

Happened at the gate of the complex right, maybe they have security video footage.

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,27574,25 ... 21,00.html

More trouble

Meanwhile, a Manly sponsor today claimed Anthony Watmough harassed his daughter before punching him at the Friday night club function.

Paul Durazza, from P&T Structural Landscaping, contacted Sydney radio station 2UE today to present his side of the story.

Durazza said he stepped in when his 21-year-old daughter was being harassed by Watmough at the club's corporate launch at the Manly Wharf Hotel.

Durazza said he was punched by Watmough, not slapped as had originally been reported.

Manly said the issue had been dealt with but Durazza said he was still considering whether to take the matter further.

“(She is) a very attractive lady and didn't need to be spoken to how she was being spoken to,†Durazza told 2UE radio.

“I was pretty calm about it all. I mean, out of all of us, I was the one that was telling him to calm down and sit down and have a piece of pizza and he just wouldn't take that as an answer.

“He was just very rude and that's what sparked me to get up and then he hit me.

“He punched me. It wasn't a slap. It was a punch."

Durazza said he told Watmough, who has also been named to play in Saturday's match against the Bulldogs, to calm down and sit down but “he just wouldn't take that as an answerâ€Â.

Watmough, who is unmarried, describes himself on the Manly Sea Eagles website as “sexyâ€Â.

Durazza is considering pressing charges.

“At the end of the day, we'd both had a few drinks,†he said.

“I'm not holding any grudge, but I'd just like to set the record straight.

“They weren't all boozing up how the paper is making out.

“Most of them, actually the majority of them, were very responsible.¢â‚¬Â

Manly Police are investigation the alleged incident.

With The Australian

Active Now

• Sproj
  • Wolfie
  • broncos4life
  • Browny
  • broncotville
  • LittleDavey
  • bert_lifts
  • Nerd
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Johnny92
  • Foordy
  • Morkel
  • Broncosgirl
  • Skathen
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Dash
  • Manofoneway
  • Jazza
  • NSW stables
... and 18 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.