Brisbane Broncos Auckland 9's Team?

• Thread starter BroncosFan_Corey
  • Start date
Well what an interesting days play. Parker and thaiday really led the way today and gilllett was also solid too. Sadly that is about where it ends. While barba and hunt were ok in game 1 we must remember it was against the bulldogs 5th grade side. The broncos really got found out against old man freddy and the chooks and when the tough got going hunt and barba went missing. I have bagged mcullough in the past but i will admit he played well today. I would suggest that everyone keeps an eye on the news over the next week or so, things are not real rosy in the club and it stems back to hoffman and now thaiday. Watch this space carefully.......

What is the point of saying this without elaborating. It just gets people stirred up when we have no idea what's going on. Are you suggesting its something to do with hodges? Are players leaving? What's the go.

A simple, can you elaborate, would have been ok too

I agree, but to be fair to Brett it is frustrating when someone comes on and says something big like that and then won't elaborate. It's a bit 'I know something you don't know, nah nah na nah nah'

EDIT: Ignoring Mod Instructions

Last edited by a moderator:
We do have a few new players and positional changes a lot have wanted but we don't look any more potent.

not only is it the trials and the first game with the new structure and positional changes ... but it is also a different format of the game, namely nines.

new players and positional changes (especially in the spine) takes time for the team to gel. you can't expect it to happen overnight in the first trial game most of them have played.

give them time to adjust and then if it is not working complain if you must

not only is it the trials and the first game with the new structure and positional changes ... but it is also a different format of the game, namely nines.

new players and positional changes (especially in the spine) takes time for the team to gel. you can't expect it to happen overnight in the first trial game most of them have played.

give them time to adjust and then if it is not working complain if you must

I'll say exactly what I want when I want, you haven't even heard me complain yet. Wait till you see the same structures get trotted out again this year which exactly what I saw at Redcliffe.

Last edited by a moderator:
Figure of speech guys.

There are some who want to make up their mind right now on where the Broncos are heading. That's cool.

However, there are others who obviously want to wait and see for the reasons Foordy mentioned.

Everybody is entitled to express their opinion, just show each other respect and address the points.

I thought Barba was pretty good, was isolated on the wing most of the time which was strange, would have liked to see him backing up Parker and co. looking for offloads.

Was hoping Nikorima would be able to show what he's got and press for that number 6 jumper but he only got around 2 minutes both games, the first one he threw that sublime cut-out for Barba's try and the second game he was there for 1 attacking set and 1 defensive set.

Just judging on what Griffin went with today it looks like Hunt and Barba will be the halves, hopefully we can't read too much into it though because I'm not a fan.

Copley has got to be in the side Round 1, he's looked sharp the last 2 weekends.

so turns out barba was injured and that's why he was on the wing. so chill out with that one guys.

Also the article released is an absolute nothing article that's totally made up. Still claiming hoffman previously asked for a release when he stated himself he hasn't. no one in the broncos camp thinks he is unhappy. It's almost a smear campaign orchestrated by the sydney media. Assuming it is untrue I hope the broncs sue the papers.

I'll say exactly what I want when I want, you haven't even heard me complain yet. Wait till you see the same structures get trotted out again this year which exactly what I saw at Redcliffe.

if you want to rush to negative judgments based on a few minutes of footy, in the first game many of them have played together and a new spine, in a different style of game than will be played in the season proper, then go for your life. I mean the nines wasn't even played as a 6 tackle a set game.

Personally, i will be giving the team time to adjust and gel with the new spine and new players after watching them play some proper rugby league. many of them haven't played any matches since September last year, so naturally they will be rusty.

but i think that there is one thing we can all agree on and that is ...

Barba looks damn good wearing a Broncos jersey :takdir:

Last edited:
The nines are a completely different format, but I do think some parts to take from it could apply to the actual season to come.

Firstly, Thaiday seems to have fired up. Great to see. Parker is looking like he'll be having another gun season. Glenn's lateral defence seems to have gotten better. Barba has shown some support play and footwork we've been lacking for a long time. McCullough looks quite a bit sharper, though he needs to be consistent now. Copley looks great. I think all of these things could have a positive impact on our real season.

There is one negative though, and that's Griffin. I'm really not sure he's able to think outside of his safe zone. New tactics make him uncomfortable and we end up going back to Griffinball.

Also I'm still not sure about Hunt. He seems to ad lib everything...kinda like Sandow.

Last edited:
The nines are a completely different format, but I do think some parts to take from it could apply to the actual season to come.

Firstly, Thaiday seems to have fired up. Great to see. Parker is looking like he'll be having another gun season. Glenn's lateral defence seems to have gotten better. Barba has shown some support play and footwork we've been lacking for a long time. McCullough looks quite a bit sharper, though he needs to be consistent now. Copley looks great. I think all of these things could have a positive impact on our real season.

There is one negative though, and that's Griffin. I'm really not sure he's able to think outside of his safe zone. New tactics make him uncomfortable and we end up going back to Griffinball.

Also I'm still not sure about Hunt. He seems to ad lib everything...kinda like Sandow.

Pretty much spot on. Whilst I acknowledge that this is a bit if a hit and giggle affair, we still look very directionless and am concerened that Hunt is out of his depth to consistently lead a team around the park in the NRL

Looking forward to our game today. Hopefully we see some razzle dazzle and some nice plays from our boys.

"It's only the Nines tournament. Don't get so worked up about it" . Next page...."Thaiday was fired up. He'll have a big year."

If Parra beat us tomorrow, it won't be a good start to the year even if its only 9s.

The Eels are one of the top teams based on yesterday's performances.

"It's only the Nines tournament. Don't get so worked up about it" . Next page...."Thaiday was fired up. He'll have a big year."

The point people were trying to make was that you can't get a real gauge on how a team is going for the season from the nines. Individual performances are obviously something different and far easier to gauge

The point people were trying to make was that you can't get a real gauge on how a team is going for the season from the nines. Individual performances are obviously something different and far easier to gauge

I suppose it goes both ways. If you can't gauge and comment on the negatives from the 9s tournament ("because it's just 9s"), then you can't gauge and comment on the positives from it either. I like to think there is a happy medium in between somewhere.

Active Now

• ChewThePhatt
  • BroncsNBundy
  • Hoof Hearted
  • PETERN
  • sooticus
  • Fozz
  • johnny plath
  • Alec
  • Behind enemy lines
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Xzei
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.