Brisbane Broncos Auckland 9's Team?

• Thread starter BroncosFan_Corey
  • Start date
For the record, I made it for Mr Fourex. He was bitching about Harry Sack & I posting similar stuff. so I made him an AI forum friend that can agree with everything he said. Wall-P came up with some great insights such as:

<bzzt. Mr Fourex, I also do not like the particular traits of that player. bzzt.>

That's why Fourex has been more mellow these days I presume.

"Wall-P" has funny dilated eyes.

Least we know it sure as hell wasn't performance enhancing drugs he was on.

was hoping we'd get the 9s side this week. but saw a comment from the broncos instagram saying it wont be named til after this weekends trial

According to Chris Garry it will be a very strong team for the nines.

Have to say I was wrong to @Bucking Beads been reading through Garry's tweets and he isn't the anti-broncos campaigner I accused him of being

Todd Balym is probably who you meant.

Badel is bit of a straight shooter too, but I don't think he has an agenda one way or another.

apparently all 9's sides have to be submitted to the NRL today. so why are they waiting til tomorrow to announce it?

Really excited for this, hope they do pick their strongest side as is being rumored. Will def turn this into a big day of footy and beers. It has the feel of the preseason NAB cup like the afl does but in a compressed form. It should definitely get fans excited for the season

storm side is a bit of a joke, as expected.

Yeah as I said earlier, they were going to field a nothing outfit, understandable given the big 3 have some injury concerns but even if they were right, Bellamy would field a nothing side IMO.

yeah i wasnt a big fan of the idea at first but im so league starved that i'm really looking forward to it.

dragons and tigers have named strong sides.

Yeah as I said earlier, they were going to field a nothing outfit, understandable given the big 3 have some injury concerns but even if they were right, Bellamy would field a nothing side IMO.

did they even pick any halves though? no hampton or walker..

Wasn't there talk that a rule was going to be brought in where teams had to pick their best players? Or am I mistaken?

Wasn't there talk that a rule was going to be brought in where teams had to pick their best players? Or am I mistaken?
Not their best players (subject to interpretation) IIRC, but a percentage of the team had to be from the first tier salary cap or something...

I think you have to field a certain number of first graders but you can always get around those types of rules with "injuries" etc

im pretty sure you had to have at least 1 player out of your top 5 (money wise?), so eg for storm thats probably ryan hoffman, and then a certain number from your main 25. makes is easy for teams to not pick most of their stars..

Active Now

• Allo
  • Galah
  • winslow_wong
  • Fozz
  • broncos4life
  • Harry Sack
  • Fitzy
  • Dash
  • barker
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.