Brisbane Broncos Auckland 9's Team?

• Thread starter BroncosFan_Corey
  • Start date
I read the other day that Hunt was a definite for the nines. Only other definites I had heard where Thaiday and Barba.

You'd think most of our topline players will be over there for the nines and remain the extra week for the warriors trial. Cant imagine to many top liners playing the titans game.

Last edited:
So what side are we predicting with Kahu / Yow Yeh confirmed not playing. Starting 9 - Josh Hoffman Jack Reed Dale Copley Ben Barba Ben Hunt Andrew McCullough Alex Glenn Matt Gillett Josh McGuire Bench - Jake Granville Daniel Vidot Stewart Mills Todd Lowrie Zach Strasser Martin Kennedy Francis Molo Maybe something like this? I'm guessing Hannant, Thaiday, Parker won't play.

McGuire and Reed won't be picked

So what side are we predicting with Kahu / Yow Yeh confirmed not playing.

Starting 9 -

Josh Hoffman
Jack Reed
Dale Copley
Ben Barba
Ben Hunt
Andrew McCullough
Alex Glenn
Matt Gillett
Josh McGuire

Bench -

Jake Granville
Daniel Vidot
Stewart Mills
Todd Lowrie
Zach Strasser
Martin Kennedy
Francis Molo

Maybe something like this? I'm guessing Hannant, Thaiday, Parker won't play.
Thaiday is going over so I would assume he is in the team

Tony Webeck@TonyWebeck 3m
If training is anything to go by Broncos Nines team will be: Parker, Barba, Thaiday, McCullough, Hoffman, Gillett, Glenn, Copley, Hunt.

hopefully some other quick guys are included because that team is SLOWWW

BRONCOS TEAM FOR NRL AUCKLAND NINES:
1 Ben Barba
2 Josh Hoffman
3 Dale Copley
4 Alex Glenn
5 Stewart Mills
6 Kodi Nikorima
7 Ben Hunt
8 Martin Kennedy
9 Andrew McCullough
10 Sam Thaiday
11 Matt Gillett
12 Jordan Drew
13 Corey Parker (c)
14 David Stagg
15 Todd Lowrie
16 Zac Strasser
17 Joe Ofahengaue
18 Jake Granville
Coach Anthony Griffin

so the "journalist opinion" yesterday morning on barba playing 6 appears to be completely wrong since he's been named at fullback...

I'm concerned about injuries, there's far too many vital names in that list that we cannot afford to lose for an extended period of time during the regular season. It's nice that we're taking it seriously and all but I wonder if we're taking it too seriously...

...if we lose Hunt we would be starting 2014 with a halves combo with zero NRL experience, that's scary.

vidot is training normally today so apparently no injury.

I'm concerned about injuries, there's far too many vital names in that list that we cannot afford to lose for an extended period of time during the regular season. It's nice that we're taking it seriously and all but I wonder if we're taking it too seriously...

...if we lose Hunt we would be starting 2014 with a halves combo with zero NRL experience, that's scary.

but they still need a trial, right? or would you hold them back until the warriors game? that would only be one actual hit out before the nrl season - its not enough. guys like cherry evans and co (basically a full strength manly team) were trialling last week. you cant just wrap everyone in cotton wool until the season starts.

I dont think the number will dictate where they play in the nines

who's on field will be a cut down version of a full nrl side, obviously

your basic set up IMO is gonna be a hooker half and fullback, a couple of wingers either side with a couple of hybrid/edge forwards inside them. you probably carry one big bopper like kennedy in the middle and .. someone else in and around the game. structure in attack isnt really going to matter i guess.

barba hoffman hunt nikorama and co could see some pretty exciting stuff. parker and gillett are going to be great for drawing in defenders and offloading at will

but they still need a trial, right? or would you hold them back until the warriors game? that would only be one actual hit out before the nrl season - its not enough. guys like cherry evans and co (basically a full strength manly team) were trialling last week. you cant just wrap everyone in cotton wool until the season starts.

No I understand the benefits of having them play in the 9's to work on set-pieces, combinations etc. but you cannot deny there's a risk involved, especially when we probably don't have much depth in the halves that certain other teams have (which is most likely the reason the Raider's are sending over such a rubbish team). At the end of the day I'd much rather lose someone to injury during a trial match instead of an exhibition 9's tournament which I couldn't really care less about.

Good team for the 13 man game but not quick enough to win. I'm usually a positive one around here but we haven't named a good team for the 9s. Way too many slow players.. We're just going to get run around constantly.

Active Now

• Emanon
  • Harry Sack
  • broncos4life
  • cento
  • Ghost of Vlansys
  • Browny
  • Yellowfella
  • Santa
  • Scorchie
  • Cavalo
  • Waynesaurus
  • winslow_wong
  • FACTHUNT
  • IceWorks
  • Justwin
  • bb_gun
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.