Brisbane Broncos Auckland 9's Team?

• Thread starter BroncosFan_Corey
  • Start date
cronulla sharks have also fielded a pretty decent looking side fifita carney gardner stapelton etc. they should be pretty tough to beat

im pretty sure you had to have at least 1 player out of your top 5 (money wise?), so eg for storm thats probably ryan hoffman, and then a certain number from your main 25. makes is easy for teams to not pick most of their stars..
This is roughly what I read also

Broncos website hinting at Yow Yeh not playing in the nines not cause of injury but to not push him too hard with the coming trials.

i didnt expect him in the 9s at all to be honest. he needs proper time on the field, and if the warriors trial is going to be 'full strength' then i'd say he'll have to play at wynnum to have a chance at the third trial.

So what side are we predicting with Kahu / Yow Yeh confirmed not playing.

Starting 9 -

Josh Hoffman
Jack Reed
Dale Copley
Ben Barba
Ben Hunt
Andrew McCullough
Alex Glenn
Matt Gillett
Josh McGuire

Bench -

Jake Granville
Daniel Vidot
Stewart Mills
Todd Lowrie
Zach Strasser
Martin Kennedy
Francis Molo

Maybe something like this? I'm guessing Hannant, Thaiday, Parker won't play.

Pretty sure I read somewhere that Sam Thaiday has been confirmed to play, or at least named in the squad.

With Granvilles speed and versatility he has to be there either ahead of macca or on the bench at the very least.

We aren't going to be sending a team with 16 of our top 17 players in it that for sure.

Starters
Ben Barba
Elijah Alick
Stewart Mills
Josh Hoffman
Lachlan Maranta
Cameron Cullen
Jake Granville
Sam Thaiday
Alex Glenn

Reserves
Daniel Vidot
Marmin Barba
Matt Gillett
Todd Lowrie
Joe Ofahengaue
Ajuma Adams

We need quick players who can defend otherwise there's no use going to play. Broncos should want to look good and win this.

Starters
Ben Barba
Elijah Alick
Stewart Mills
Josh Hoffman
Lachlan Maranta
Cameron Cullen
Jake Granville
Sam Thaiday
Alex Glenn

Reserves
Daniel Vidot
Marmin Barba
Matt Gillett
Todd Lowrie
Joe Ofahengaue
Ajuma Adams

We need quick players who can defend otherwise there's no use going to play. Broncos should want to look good and win this.

Ben Hunt in the captain of our squad, yet not in the team, derp

Well, my next question would be, why the hell not? There's two million in prize money that we could put toward a new coach ;)

And @Tanswell87 , absolutely I would like to see Granville there too, he's perfect for this format with his speed in both service and sprints from the ruck. It was an honest oversight, I'll add him to my side.

Also, I don't see why we wouldn't take those players. It's not like most of them played in the first trial or anything.

Because it's a completely different competition built for the flashy entertaining backs who can run, kick and pass. Having forwards like Glenn and Gillett is perfect. Reed and Vidot should be forwards in this comp. Our back line needs to be the fastest we can name.

Hoffman is the Storm captain but Sisa Waqa was at the jersey launch. Where does it say Hunt is the captain?

The point remains, is your thinking that they would send a player to the jersey launch that won't even be playing in the event?..

The point remains, is your thinking that they would send a player to the jersey launch that won't even be playing in the event?..

Well how's Ryan James doing? Reckon he will be there?

I was just naming what I think the team should be with players who would fair well playing in a team of 9. If I was naming a team to win Thaiday wouldn't be there, McCullough wouldn't be there, Mcguire wouldn't be there and Kennedy wouldn't be there. Copley should be playing at the trial in Wynnum instead. But yeah, derp..

So what side are we predicting with Kahu / Yow Yeh confirmed not playing.

Starting 9 -

Josh Hoffman
Jack Reed
Dale Copley
Ben Barba
Ben Hunt
Andrew McCullough
Alex Glenn
Matt Gillett
Josh McGuire

Bench -

Jake Granville
Daniel Vidot
Stewart Mills
Todd Lowrie
Zach Strasser
Martin Kennedy
Francis Molo

Maybe something like this? I'm guessing Hannant, Thaiday, Parker won't play.

i very much doubt we will field this strong of a team,, hook will use this comp to give some of our younger half options some time with the ball in hand id say. i dont know if front rowers are going to be neccessary in this format either. seems like they would be constantly getting stepped around by smaller faster guys through the middle. next year when milford comes him and barba will win us this comp

Well how's Ryan James doing? Reckon he will be there?

I was just naming what I think the team should be with players who would fair well playing in a team of 9. If I was naming a team to win Thaiday wouldn't be there, McCullough wouldn't be there, Mcguire wouldn't be there and Kennedy wouldn't be there. Copley should be playing at the trial in Wynnum instead. But yeah, derp..

Griffin has already said he's sending virtually the best team we can field to try and build some combinations, if you think we won't be sending Hunt, Copley and co, you're delusional.

Active Now

• Browny
  • Ghost of Vlansys
  • Yellowfella
  • Santa
  • Scorchie
  • Cavalo
  • Harry Sack
  • Waynesaurus
  • winslow_wong
  • FACTHUNT
  • IceWorks
  • Justwin
  • bb_gun
  • Lurker
  • Xzei
  • Battler
  • Allo
  • mrtij
  • Scdeac
  • Foordy
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.