NEWS Brisbane Broncos could lose David Fifita to mega deal

I thought we read a while ago that Fifita is flat out leaving Ipswich thanks to mum, let alone another city altogether? Not sure why we're getting worked up about it, if he's close with his family then I don't see him leaving this contract.

Because Brent Read made up an article. How he hasn't been given the Badel treatment yet is beyond me.

Well, uhh..

Anyone who wants to remain confident of Fifita staying, don't watch this video - https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/10/22/not-me-fifita-laughs-off-million-dollar-baby-tag/

Reporter: "What should Broncos fans be thinking right now, should they be fearing the worst?"

Fifita: "I dunno, not too sure, wait and see what happens, I've still got one more year with the Broncs, just enjoying my time, one more year up there in Brissy, and then yeah, we'll see what happens."

Yeah he also said he would be ok with moving south and spoke glowingly of Bennett.
[automerge]1571726219[/automerge]
Trust Smokin Joe though

Last edited:
Well, uhh..

Anyone who wants to remain confident of Fifita staying, don't watch this video - https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/10/22/not-me-fifita-laughs-off-million-dollar-baby-tag/

Reporter: "What should Broncos fans be thinking right now, should they be fearing the worst?"

Fifita: "I dunno, not too sure, wait and see what happens, I've still got one more year with the Broncs, just enjoying my time, one more year up there in Brissy, and then yeah, we'll see what happens."
Was legit about to post this.
I ain't the slightest bit confident after this.
He is either playing it extremely smart, or he doesn't care where he ends up $. He didn't say much about the Broncos as a club.

I will be furious if he leaves.

DownrightHideousJumpingbean-small.gif

Typical response from someone in contract negotiations.

He also says he's happy with his family in Brisbane. Fifita is all about family. He isn't going to leave them. He isn't going anywhere.

I will leave these forums, never to post again, if he leaves the Broncos. Thats how confident I am he is staying.

It's the handiest thing in the world having people with a pedigree close to the club to communicate with directly rather than relying on the media

I will leave these forums, never to post again, if he leaves the Broncos. Thats how confident I am he is staying.
I like this..
What's the hold up on extending him now? Is he holding out post Nov 1?

Typical response from someone in contract negotiations.

He also says he's happy with his family in Brisbane. Fifita is all about family. He isn't going to leave them. He isn't going anywhere.
Exactly, just leading them on and not giving them a sniff.

Payne Haas will be ‘gutted’ to lose Broncos teammate David Fifita to NRL rival
Kangaroos rookie Payne Haas has revealed he has spoken to Brisbane Broncos teammate David Fifita about staying at the club as NRL rivals prepare to swoop on the teen sensation.
A busload of family members will travel to WIN Stadium to watch Payne Haas make his Australian Test debut as the Brisbane forward urges his club teammate David Fifita to remain with the Broncos.
Two weeks after playing in the Prime Minister’s XIII in Fiji, Haas will line up for the Kangaroos against New Zealand on Friday night.
Haas, 19, said at least 40 people would make the seven-hour round trip to witness him fulfil a “dream” of playing in the green and gold.
Stream the 2019 Oceania Cup Live & On-Demand on KAYO SPORTS. Get your 14 day free trial and start streaming instantly >
Payne Haas and David Fifita are two of the best young players in the game. Picture: AAP Image/Darren England
Payne Haas and David Fifita are two of the best young players in the game. Picture: AAP Image/Darren England
“My family is having a vacation in Newcastle back where we are from,” Haas said.
“The whole family is there and all my siblings and extended family, about 30 to 40, have decided to come to the game. They are sorting out a bus to make sure everyone can make it.
“I’m still pinching myself. It’s every kid’s dream to play for Australia. I wouldn’t be where I am today without them, so to run out in front of them in the green and gold jersey ... it’s crazy when I think about it.”
The self-confessed “footy nerd” said it had yet to sink in that he would be playing for his country alongside the likes of Josh Papalii and David Klemmer, who he watched growing up.
Payne Haas will make his Kangaroos debut on Friday. Picture: Liam Kidston.
Payne Haas will make his Kangaroos debut on Friday. Picture: Liam Kidston.
“I didn’t have a favourite forward growing up because I loved watching all of them play and I’d take a bit from all of them. I’m a bit of a nerd like that,” the Dally M Prop of the Year said.
“Papa [Papalii] had a massive year in the NRL and he’s one of the best forwards in the game, so to play with him, David Klemmer, Jake Trbojevic and Boyd Cordner ... it’s pretty cool for a young kid to run out with those guys against the Kiwis.”
Fifita, also 19, will feature on Friday night but as captain of the Junior Kangaroos against France.
The boom forward is off contract with Brisbane at the end of next season but free to talk to rival clubs from November 1.
Payne Haas with the Rookie of the Year award. Picture: AAP Image/Dan Himbrechts
Payne Haas with the Rookie of the Year award. Picture: AAP Image/Dan Himbrechts
Several of them are preparing lucrative deals to lure Fifita away from the Broncos and make him the NRL’s next million-dollar baby.
Haas, who in June signed a six-year deal to remain at Brisbane, said he had spoken to Fifita about the tough decision he faced in the coming weeks.
“We all want him to stay but it is his decision,’’ Haas said. “I’m really close mates with him. We had a chat and I’ve already told him, whatever decision he makes, I’ll be happy for him and support him.
David Fifita and Payne Haas after Origin I. Picture: Adam Head
David Fifita and Payne Haas after Origin I. Picture: Adam Head
“Hopefully we keep him. If we don’t, I know everyone will be pretty gutted but he has to do what is best for him and his family.”
While Haas said losing one of the game’s brightest prospects would be a huge blow for the rebuilding Broncos, he was confident Fifita would make the right decision.
“He has a pretty good head on him for a guy his age,’’ Haas said. “He knows what he is doing and he’ll keep a level head.”
Originally published as Could Payne factor keep Fifita at Red Hill?

I hope so mate. Next time you talk to him though can you tell him not to be a fucking **** to fans. He might think he is funny playing reporters but it is the fans he is fucking with.

'She will make the call': Mum's the word as Fifita weighs up future

Brad Walter
NRL.com Senior Reporter
Tue 22 Oct 2019, 06:04 PM

Teen sensation David Fifita is set to let his mum decide his playing future but Junior Kangaroos coach Neil Henry is happy for the Broncos forward to call the shots in Friday night's international against France at WIN Stadium.

Fifita will captain a Junior Kangaroos team containing players up to four years his senior but there are few who would question the decision after a stunning season which has him on the verge of a senior Test debut.

The 19-year-old's performance for the Prime Minister's XIII in Fiji and his starring role for Australia in last weekend's World Cup 9s have convinced many in the game that he would be worth the $1 million per season price tag being bandied about for his services.

Fifita played down his value before taking part in an opposed training session against the Kangaroos at Kiama but most Australian players believe he would be worth the money and so do rival NRL clubs, who can begin negotiating with him from November 1.

However, to get his prized signature on a contract, club officials will need to gain the approval of Fifita's mother, Gwen.

"I just worry about my footy and whatever my mum wants I will do because she is the one who has always been there and seen everything," Fifita said. "She will make the call – and she will make the right one for me.

"She will be the one that probably would make my decision. She does everything for me and whatever she says goes."

Fifita considered representing his Tonga heritage in the Tests against Great Britain and Australia but Gwen believed he would be better to play for the PM's XIII, World Cup 9s and Junior Kangaroos.

While he remains keen to play for Tonga, Fifita is likely to be a regular member of Kangaroos squads for years to come.

"At the end of the day I had a conversation with my mum and I would love to play for Tonga at some stage but I just wanted to do this," he said.

Broncos team-mate Payne Haas is another sounding board after signing a six-year $3 million contract with the club before he turned 18.

"I always talk to Payne, he is real close mates with me and he has been in that situation too," Fifita said. "He had every club in the NRL chasing him. He really knows what he is talking about and I just get feedback off him."

Asked about the possibility of leaving Brisbane, Fifita said he wouldn't be keen on living in Sydney – but the Dragons may be a chance to lure him away from the Broncos because of their location.

"Sydney is a nice place but that city area is not me," he said. "Wollongong is pretty nice, it's got relaxed, chilled vibes. In Kiama we are staying right near the beach and I like that lifestyle. I couldn't live in Sydney. It is too busy."

He will lead the Junior Kangaroos at WIN Stadium on Friday against a France outfit which is largely unknown to the Australian coaching staff, headed by Henry.

The former Raiders, Cowboys and Titans coach appointed Fifita as captain and Storm halfback Brodie Croft as vice-captain.

"Neil Henry broke it to me, he just told me you are captain and I was pretty shocked," Fifita said. "I thought there were a few boys in front of me but I grabbed it with two hands. I am pretty grateful.

"He said that Crofty will be the vice-captain as well. He does all the talking. That is what Neil also said, he said you just lead with your actions and play your game and Crofty will direct the team."

Fifita captained Keebra Park High to the national schoolboys title in 2017, and won the Peter Sterling Medal as player of the final.

Croft, 22, said he was happy for Fifita to take the reins and he will direct the team from the playmaking role.

"He is an incredible athlete, I love watching him play and I love the fact that is on our team this week and I am not versing him. The more ball we can get to him the better our team will go," Croft said.

"They say actions speak louder than words so I will certainly be letting his actions do the talking and that is hopefully where I chip in.

"I like to pride myself on communication out there so I will do my best to call the shots and run the boys around the park and let him lead the boys with his damaging runs."

Source: https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/10/22/she-will-make-the-call-mums-the-word-as-fifita-weighs-up-future/

After watching that video he is either leaving and too chicken shit to say it or is very, very naive as to how the media works and is trying to portray him.

After watching that video he is either leaving and too chicken shit to say it or is very, very naive as to how the media works and is trying to portray him.
Think you need to just chill and put some faith in joe.

Active Now

• Broncosgirl
  • mrslong
  • Johnny92
  • levikaden
  • Jazza
  • Bucking Beads
  • Big Del
  • GCBRONCO
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Financeguy
  • Xzei
  • broncos4life
  • Fitzy
  • Aldo
  • Adammacca
  • Wolfie
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Foordy
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Bish
... and 6 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.