NEWS Brisbane Broncos could lose David Fifita to mega deal

Offa will come good in the next two years but do we need him?

I agree that he is not crucial with TPJ, Haas, Fifita, Lodge, Carrigan and Flegler on the books

Like with Gillett, Boyd, Macca and Bird, moving him on could help resolve other issues

Last edited:
Offa will come good in the next two years but do we need him?

I agree that he is not crucial with TPJ, Haas, Fifita, Lodge, Carrigan and Flegler on the books

Like with Gillett, Boyd, Macca and Bird, moving him on could help resolve other issues
"Offa will come good" People have been saying that since 2015. Every chance he has ever had to step up by starting or when we have been down on troops, he has been awful.

My favourite part was that we had the choice of chasing him or Moses, and opted to chase him. Imagine how much better our current team composition would be with Moses, who also would've come cheaper than Bird.

Wasn't it more Ash Taylor we chased rather than Moses? We had Bird tied up and still chased Ash for months. We wouldn't have wanted Taylor and Moses.

Once Fifita is tied up to a long term contract with us, you may find these other guys who apparently are expendable (Bird, Macca etc...) may illicit some enquires. I mean once Fifitas off the table you are into the next tier of available players. I reckon Jack Bird still has admirers down south and im sure Oates does too.

So watch this space in reckon....once a few more snowflakes fall dent be surprised by the ensuing avalanche..

Clickbait.

Looking forward to the Oates and Fifita dual signing announcement before Oct 31.

It is starting to annoy me how no signings have been made... We have lost Seggy, Fensom, Taga and some others. Still have Oates, Glenn and a couple others we expect to renew, and nothing has been done.

Fifita wont go anywhere. He will stay long term. Future captain.
Joe mate, is the Croft thing over or is the club just trying to balance the books for an offer Melbourne will agree to?

"Offa will come good" People have been saying that since 2015. Every chance he has ever had to step up by starting or when we have been down on troops, he has been awful.

Why does he need to start? He's been way better coming off the Bench in the middle of games. We have heaps of guys who love to start and Joe is way stronger coming off the Bench to balance that out.

Once Fifita is tied up to a long term contract with us, you may find these other guys who apparently are expendable (Bird, Macca etc...) may illicit some enquires. I mean once Fifitas off the table you are into the next tier of available players. I reckon Jack Bird still has admirers down south and im sure Oates does too.

So watch this space in reckon....once a few more snowflakes fall dent be surprised by the ensuing avalanche..

This reasoning has a lot of merit.

It is starting to annoy me how no signings have been made... We have lost Seggy, Fensom, Taga and some others. Still have Oates, Glenn and a couple others we expect to renew, and nothing has been done.
Seggy, Fensom and Taga were all on literally base price deals. Their releases don't do anything to free up cap space at all as we still have to fill those squad positions with guys on the same base contracts at absolute minimum.

Hoffa did come good, made origin and went well. Then got a massive cut that ripped open his knee and struggled, not that surprising really.

He is a good signing and $500k these days really isn’t that big a deal.

Why does he need to start? He's been way better coming off the Bench in the middle of games. We have heaps of guys who love to start and Joe is way stronger coming off the Bench to balance that out.

this

people seem to forget that it is a 17 man game (not a 13 man game) ... getting your bench right is vital

Hoffa did come good, made origin and went well. Then got a massive cut that ripped open his knee and struggled, not that surprising really.

Yeah I hope he comes good again, he has all the physical attributes.

Last edited:

it's a lot when i've been more impressed with Flegler and Carrigan who are both on 300k less per year... 300k would go a long way to getting Fifita to renew.
[automerge]1571712126[/automerge]
If you look at the storm, they go hard for a few key players, and then get basement buys sub 300k usually. We have too many mid rangers.

Last edited:

Active Now

• Xzei
  • Mustafur
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Organix
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.