Brisbane Broncos join the hunt for Greg Bird

Yes, but Steve, some people don't seem to relate a player's personal life, morals and behaviour with their responsibilities as a representative of a football club. Because you know, 30 years ago blokes like Bird were considered characters, larrikins, normal.

It's 2009. Brisbane is a competitive market. The Broncos have set (up until recently) a high standard for expected player standards. We've marketed ourselves as a family club from day one.

People like Bird are just not wanted. They could be the fucking messiah for all I care. Not wanted.

I hope we sign Bird, just to see what you fairweather fans do.

I think you and Rock need to learn what "fairweather fan" actually means.

ok. well how about the fact that ur willing to stop supporting the club you love, after 22 years of support, because they are going to sign a guy who was found Not Guilty...

pennywisealfie said:
ok. well how about the fact that ur willing to stop supporting the club you love, after 22 years of support, because they are going to sign a guy who was found Not Guilty...

That right there negates me being defined as a "fairweather fan". A fairweather fan is a bandwagoner. They support a team while they're winning, and stop supporting them when they're not.

I've stuck by the club no matter what they're doing on the field.

But there's some principles of mine I just will not compromise, and that includes people like Bird who, IMO, are wastes of oxygen. I will not financially and passionately support an organisation that will recruit such a character.

I've watched the Broncos sack players time and again for far less (think Julian O'Neill), so this would be an insult to what the club is supposed to stand for. And it's what they stand for that I support. If that changes, so does my support.

OK, thats fair enough.

pennywisealfie said:

Precisely.

I'd still support the club if the guy was innocent. But he's still only not guilty.

I LOL at people who say "oh, the appeal was successful, he must be innocent"...he got off with a story he and Katie concocted that had not been presented at any stage during the investigation and trial. It's total lies...but because they corroborated eachother's story, it got him off.

As you say mick, Not Guilty is NOT innocent in this case.

The Rock said:
Coxy said:
I think you and Rock need to learn what "fairweather fan" actually means.

I've taken your advice and I've looked the word up in the dictornary and there is a picture of you and Nashy in there. [icon_razz1

Didn't you used to support the Maroons. And didn't you decide to support the Blues during their winning streak?

Dictionary: Hypocrite.

Coxy said:
I LOL at people who say "oh, the appeal was successful, he must be innocent"...he got off with a story he and Katie concocted that had not been presented at any stage during the investigation and trial. It's total lies...but because they corroborated eachother's story, it got him off.

As you say mick, Not Guilty is NOT innocent in this case.

That's right.

It's not Guilty. Just because they couldn't prove he did it, doesn't mean he didn't do it.

For further reading, please see OJ Simpson.

I just think it would be a shite move for them in any case. Overkill, don't need a player for his postion, simple as that. Regardless of his actions, the broncos do not need anyone for his utility role.

none of us know what happened or what didnt happen, sure the guys made a mistake, they both have but the only person who needs to forgive him is his partner and she obviously has so why isnt that good enough for everyone else?
Having said that, I very much doubt he will be at the Broncos and Brunos swift denial was probably for the sake of sponsers... which tells me he wont be a bronco...

Because I don't want a scumbag like him at the club I support.

Even if this didn't happen, I still wouldn't want the dirty ****. After his kneeing incident, he should been gone from the NRL.

For anyone interested, read Mike Colman's column in the back of the Courier Mail today. It's SPOT ON!

I'd hate to turn my back on the club in the last years of Darren's career, but ferchristsake, I could never follow a club that signs Bird after what he's done.

SIGN HIM UP, FOUND NOT GUILTY SO WHO CARES. WE ARE GOING TO BE SHIT NEXT YEAR WE NEED ALL THE HELP WE CAN GET, GO AHEAD LETS SEE ALL YOU GUYS STOP SUPPORTING. YOUR ALL FULL OF HOT AIR.

Webcke said:
SIGN HIM UP, FOUND NOT GUILTY SO WHO CARES. WE ARE GOING TO BE SHIT NEXT YEAR WE NEED ALL THE HELP WE CAN GET, GO AHEAD LETS SEE ALL YOU GUYS STOP SUPPORTING. YOUR ALL FULL OF HOT AIR.

Hahahaha. Don't you support Canberra anyway?

ningnangnong said:
Webcke said:

Hahahaha. Don't you support Canberra anyway?

haha doesnt it suck when you click the wrong bookmark and start posting :P

Active Now

• Morkel
  • Footy Fanatic
  • Jazza
  • Santa
  • Sproj
  • jd87
  • Jedhead
  • MrMoore
  • BroncosAlways
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Harry Sack
  • KnToad
  • Brocko
  • Manifesto
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Johnny92
  • LittleDavey
  • Stix
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.