NEWS Brisbane chairman Karl Morris: 2019 unsatisfactory on every level

I've always questioned the clubs faith in Seibold to be honest. I mean he was the second choice. If I were someone's second choice to marry, I wouldn't be too happy about the arrangement. We wanted Bellyache and utterly failed to get him, and had to settle for a coach swap with Souffs, who (in my opinion) made out like bandits in that deal. Nobody is doubting Souffs top 4 aspirations, let alone like us who aren't even sure of making the 8.
Nah. After the wedding night I would be confident that I am now number 1.

Was a brain dead decision signing him to such a long deal.
Not really. Purely a reflection of the status and inexperience of our roster. Was always going to be work in progress and take that amount of time to build and maintain a battle hardened group. With get out clauses and KPI's worth the punt. Not expecting him to be in a position of fine tuning just yet but the big picture dictates our defence needs to improve greatly.

As long as there is clear improvement, he keeps his job. Another rubbish season like last year, he’s gone. Pretty simple.

Given the rubbish Seibold had to work with last year and that we made the finals anyway, as opposed to the significantly better roster this year, then anything less than an improvement over last year means he would be very close to losing his job. If not, he should.

Who do you replace Seibold with though?
Robinson or Bellamy aren't coming.
Don't want WB anywhere near the joint.
I'd say Kev would probably be the only choice the board would go with tbh.

On another note, I wouldn't be surprised to see White take over Greenberg's role as NRL CEO.

Who do you replace Seibold with though?
Robinson or Bellamy aren't coming.
Don't want WB anywhere near the joint.
I'd say Kev would probably be the only choice the board would go with tbh.

On another note, I wouldn't be surprised to see White take over Greenberg's role as NRL CEO.

I don't like Kevvie is a good option

and white should take over Greenburg's role, he would excel at it ... but they'll never give a Bronco so much power and influence

I don't like Kevvie is a good option

and white should take over Greenburg's role, he would excel at it ... but they'll never give a Bronco so much power and influence
I don't think Kev is the right option either, but who else do they turn to?
I can't see why they wouldn't give White the role. The fact he has already stated he won't be around the Broncos past 2020 suits very well. He is a great operator and would do a solid job at the top, whether he wants the role may be a different question.

Wait for Cam Smith to finally retire then get Bellamy in a room until he signs that fucking contract.

Badel in the Australian a couple of day ago cites Broncos normally silent bigwig Karl Morris's frustration as expressed to shareholders in his chairman’s report:

“Our last game of the year (in 2019) was unsatisfactory on every level. We have made significant changes to the team and we are seeing significant improvement. It has been too long since we have won a premiership.”

View attachment 7342
Queensland’s sixth-most powerful person: filthy rich, and filthy at the Broncos.

“It is encouraging to see the progress made by our coach Anthony Seibold. We are very confident in his approach to form an environment for the on-field success of our club. His coaching staff and our players have positively responded and our club is ready for a strong performance on the field in 2020.”

Club CEO White chimed in:

“We didn’t finish the (2019) season well and we make no excuses. We have learnt from the experience and have taken steps to improve. We aim for a top-four finish and that will drive us into our 33rd season. Our players know exactly where they stand and what is expected of them. Anthony has brought to this club a new approach to the way we want to play.”

The Broncos racked up $51.9m in revenue and posted a before-tax profit of $3.3m, making them the richest club in the NRL.

McHunt

What ‘significant’ changes have we made? Croft and Arthars? All the problem children we had there last year, are still there this year. Every, single, FUCKING, one of them...

The deck chairs may have been shuffled around, but they are still on deck.

Edit: Sorry we got one more BACK, actually. Jordan ’perpetual rehab’ Kahu is of course back, officially, though I doubt we’ll see him on the park.

[automerge]1583912029[/automerge]
I just think they are making it clear mediocrity won't be tolerated.

Ah-huh...

Henjak had a 56% win ratio with the Broncs and was given the arse.

Seibold has a 44% win ratio and is still here.

Interesting definition of ‘not tolerating’ mediocrity...

Last edited:
What ‘significant’ changes have we made? Croft and Arthars? All the problem children we had there last year, are still there this year. Every, single, FUCKING, one of them...

Edit: Sorry we got one more BACK, actually. Jordan ’perpetual rehab’ Kahu is of course back, officially, though I doubt we’ll see him on the park.

Ah-huh...

I’d say getting rid of Niko, Roberts, Sua and McGuire were all good changes

Ah-huh...

We have Henjak more than one year in the job. I'd say we will give Seibs the same. He has the chance to build something as long as we see progression.

I’d say getting rid of Niko, Roberts, Sua and McGuire were all good changes

They were all gone before or during last season, not since the 58 to blot flogging...

We have Henjak more than one year in the job. I'd say we will give Seibs the same. He has the chance to build something as long as we see progression.

Yeah, we surely aren’t sacking Seibold right now, but it feels like the same downward slide we saw to Griffin’s eventual demise too.

I must admit, I do not understand why these guys so adamantly stick to plans that aren’t working.

Going down with the ship is very noble and all, but I tend to sympathise with Einstein’s definition of insanity on this...
[automerge]1583918327[/automerge]
Sorry I thought we were talking about since Seibs has been here

The article was about how we’ve ‘significantly changed the team’ according to Karl Morris, since last season, due to the mediocrity Seibold achieved with it and the disgraceful ending to the season...

Last edited:

Of course we did, he had a win ratio of 59% and we got to the Preliminary final that year...

No-one would be saying diddly squat about Seibold if we had achieved that last year, except we came absolutely nowhere near it.

Hence the noise...

Of course we did, he had a win ratio of 59% and we got to the Preliminary final that year...

No-one would be saying diddly squat about Seibold if we had achieved that last year, except we came absolutely nowhere near it.

Hence the noise...

Seibs was always going to get cut a bit of slack for last year.

Active Now

• Mick_Hancock
  • Broncorob
  • Fatboy
  • Lurker
  • Harry Sack
  • broncos4life
  • Sproj
  • Brocko
  • Manlyman
  • Morkel
  • BroncoFan94
  • Santa
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • The Don
  • Johnny92
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • Jazza
  • Dash
  • Bucking Beads
  • Gympie devil
... and 6 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.