NEWS Brisbane chairman Karl Morris: 2019 unsatisfactory on every level

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
Badel in the Australian a couple of day ago cites Broncos normally silent bigwig Karl Morris's frustration as expressed to shareholders in his chairman’s report:

“Our last game of the year (in 2019) was unsatisfactory on every level. We have made significant changes to the team and we are seeing significant improvement. It has been too long since we have won a premiership.”

Screenshot 2020 03 10 28550e0b3ebafc2d74ac3e15617b74373ce9a78a webp WEBP Image 1600  900 pi

Queensland’s sixth-most powerful person: filthy rich, and filthy at the Broncos.

“It is encouraging to see the progress made by our coach Anthony Seibold. We are very confident in his approach to form an environment for the on-field success of our club. His coaching staff and our players have positively responded and our club is ready for a strong performance on the field in 2020.”

Club CEO White chimed in:

“We didn’t finish the (2019) season well and we make no excuses. We have learnt from the experience and have taken steps to improve. We aim for a top-four finish and that will drive us into our 33rd season. Our players know exactly where they stand and what is expected of them. Anthony has brought to this club a new approach to the way we want to play.”

The Broncos racked up $51.9m in revenue and posted a before-tax profit of $3.3m, making them the richest club in the NRL.

McHunt

Last edited:
Clearly Seibold is on sharper eggshells than we thought.

The question is tho who would we even replace Seibold with?

How do you get that from the article?

I've always questioned the clubs faith in Seibold to be honest. I mean he was the second choice. If I were someone's second choice to marry, I wouldn't be too happy about the arrangement. We wanted Bellyache and utterly failed to get him, and had to settle for a coach swap with Souffs, who (in my opinion) made out like bandits in that deal. Nobody is doubting Souffs top 4 aspirations, let alone like us who aren't even sure of making the 8.

Last edited:
Think these big wigs are a bit deluded. Top 4 lol. We will be lucky to scrape into the 8.

Seibold got a 5 year deal off the back of one good season with a stacked Souths team. Was a brain dead decision signing him to such a long deal.

Last edited:
Think these big wigs are a bit deluded. Top 4 lol. We will be lucky to scrape into the 8.

Seibold got a 5 year deal off the back of one good season with a stacked Souths team. Was a brain dead decision signing him to such a long deal.

Luckily for us we have a get out clause.

5 year deal doesn't mean shit these days - if he tanks this year he will probably be out the door.

5 year deal means nothing especially with the provisions in his contract. If he bombs out this year he will be gone, stop listening to the media they are not your friend.

What does the get out clause say?

From what I gather, and it may not even be correct, if he doesn't meet his targets, we pay him a years salary and he loses his job. Problem is for him, he can't take another job as a head coach in the NRL for 12 months. It's quite a common clause in Soccer.

From what I gather, and it may not even be correct, if he doesn't meet his targets, we pay him a years salary and he loses his job. Problem is for him, he can't take another job as a head coach in the NRL for 12 months. It's quite a common clause in Soccer.
Any idea what his targets are?

Active Now

• kiwibronco
  • Broncosgirl
  • Bish
  • Jedhead
  • Ronald
  • Organix
  • Fozz
  • Johnny92
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.