NEWS Brisbane chairman Karl Morris: 2019 unsatisfactory on every level

Really? Waynes reputation and history says differently in my eyes.

But that history and reputation was more than likely when we were in our pomp, and I have no doubt back then he did have a lot more control over contracts. When he came back in 2015, we were a very different organisation.

I can only speak for what i know from the fellas who have dealt with him, and I've always heard he wasn't that involved in the contract talks with them. He would obviously have more input with some players than others id think, but I think his main input would be to say who he wants and maybe the contract length, but it would be still up to others to nut out the contracts with player agents.
[automerge]1583982805[/automerge]
Just because you can get someone to play for your team, doesn't mean you should.

If you want a player, then you probably should. No be point having a head coach if you dont back him. If he picks the wrong player, then that's his job gone more than likely.

Last edited:
Bennett had very little to do with the financial side of the contracts. His role was mainly convincing the players he wanted to keep to sign up. Player agents have clearly outsmarted lanigan and White.
Keep telling yourself that...

Prove that it's not correct. Cast iron proof, not dodgy internet forum proof.
You want me to prove a negative...?
It's your burden to prove your dodgy internet forum statement, not mine to prove otherwise.

Last edited:
It's your burden to prove your dodgy internet forum statement, not mine to prove otherwise.
So if you've no evidence to actually support your position, why throw out meaningless jabs like
Keep telling yourself that...
I mean if it's not supposedly your burden to show any reasoning or facts as to why you've arrived at your position, why would you throw a little jab like that? If I didn't know better I'd assume you're just trolling one of our valued members.

Wolfie's not asking you to prove a negative but to disprove one. You can show his statement to be false by providing evidence that Wayne had a lot to do with the financial side of the contracts. I'd certainly like to see it. Of the couple of articles where people directly involved in negotiations have provided insight into who does what and how, and been willing to be directly quoted, both have said Wayne doesn't get involved in dollars or durations. Can you provide an alternative?

Last edited:

I've got nothing to prove. You are the one that seems to have doubts as to what Bennett, Lanigan and White do. I'm more than comfortable with knowledge i have of how Bennett conducted contract talks when he came back in 2015, Unless the 6 blokes i know were treated differently from the rest of the squad.

So if you've no evidence to actually support your position, why throw out meaningless jabs like

I mean if it's not supposedly your burden to show any reasoning or facts as to why you've arrived at your position, why would you throw a little jab like that? If I didn't know better I'd assume you're just trolling one of our valued members.

Wolfie's not asking you to prove a negative but to disprove one. You can show his statement to be false by providing evidence that Wayne had a lot to do with the financial side of the contracts. I'd certainly like to see it. Of the couple of articles where people directly involved in negotiations have provided insight into who does what and how, and been willing to be directly quoted, both have said Wayne doesn't get involved in dollars or durations. Can you provide an alternative?
I don't need evidence to give a contrary opinion to something which doesn't have evidence of its own.
If you're calling me a troll for having a differing opinion on the matter than yours or Wolfie's, you probably shouldn't access the internet.
If this is about an infatuation with WB and a need to defend the indefensible in regards to him, you've hit a brick wall.

As to the matter at hand, I'd certainly like to see evidence that Wayne or any other coach isn't fully aware of contract negotiations with players he is the primary responsible to advise the board and/or management about.
I don't know either way for a fact as far as WB is concerned (other than hearsay from other sources), but if this is common for other coaches in RL and other sports, I truly highly doubt that someone like him wouldn't get involved and heavily influence the outcome.

Please note I did not say he would have the final say on it!

I've got nothing to prove. You are the one that seems to have doubts as to what Bennett, Lanigan and White do. I'm more than comfortable with knowledge i have of how Bennett conducted contract talks when he came back in 2015, Unless the 6 blokes i know were treated differently from the rest of the squad.
I am also very comfortable with the knowledge I have on the matter (and people here know this to be true and proven in the end), but I am not going to say that hearsay from people (no matter how reliable a source they may be) are evidence for anything.

Active Now

• Jeza23
  • Mustafur
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.