NEWS Brisbane coach Anthony Seibold is optimistic about Broncos’ future

The thing is we have an extremely soft open to the season, we’re going to be towards the top of the table after 8-10 rounds but then get smacked with a solid dose of reality and start sliding

You’d hope that the team will breathing fire in round 1, pumped and ready to go though. After the way they finished this season, they have a lot to prove.

You’d hope that the team will breathing fire in round 1, pumped and ready to go though. After the way they finished this season, they have a lot to prove.
We thought that this year as well though 😟

We thought that this year as well though [emoji45]

I’m willing to say there was the distraction of the Bennett saga this year. No excuses this coming pre season for seibold or players.

I’m willing to say there was the distraction of the Bennett saga this year. No excuses this coming pre season for seibold or players.

All Siebold did this year was give excuses. Always someone else’s fault. The excuse for next year have already been set up.

No money, no halfback, too many dodgy contracts, etc.

All Siebold did this year was give excuses. Always someone else’s fault. The excuse for next year have already been set up.

No money, no halfback, too many dodgy contracts, etc.
He put his hand up for all of it, to then complain about it is pretty fucking rich

Instead of going to the states, he should've gone to Melbourne and live in Bellamy's garden shed for 2 weeks and learn how to recognise when a player is past it and let them go. What Bellamy did to chambers was ruthless yet necessary. It's what Siebold absolutley must do to Boyd and Macca. No more chances and no more pussy footing around. It's the only way he will make any real headway and it sends a message to the other players to shape up or ship out. Come on Siebold your job is simple, cut the dead weight, set a no bullshit and no excuse environment, show these players who is boss and learn how to deliver a good spray when it's deserved.

Instead of going to the states, he should've gone to Melbourne and live in Bellamy's garden shed for 2 weeks and learn how to recognise when a player is past it and let them go. What Bellamy did to chambers was ruthless yet necessary. It's what Siebold absolutley must do to Boyd and Macca. No more chances and no more pussy footing around. It's the only way he will make any real headway and it sends a message to the other players to shape up or ship out. Come on Siebold your job is simple, cut the dead weight, set a no bullshit and no excuse environment, show these players who is boss and learn how to deliver a good spray when it's deserved.

Yes. No more 'journeys of self-discovery' until you do what you are paid to do - shape and coach us into a winning football side. There are only so many different learnings you can absorb until you actually realise you may not know what the **** you are doing. I don't care about your philosophies and internal growth pursuits, just act and perform like a proper league coach.

He put his hand up for all of it, to then complain about it is pretty fucking rich

Like us all, I was disappointed by the performance this year. HOWEVER, Seibold put up his hand for the coaching job which included the bullshit around the coaching job itself vis-a-vis Bennett's departure, the lack of a full pre-season, what was handed to him with Boyd and his contract, the club politics and contractual cement around Boyd and Macca, the historical debacle of the club's appalling recruitment and retention policy around the halves and years of ingrained Bennett Ball and club culture.

He bloody knows the writing is on the wall and he knows there is no longer any excuses. It's now up to him and we need to give him the chance to show exactly what he is made of.

This constant whining about 2019 is an utter waste of time. We know it all and we have heard it AD NAUSEAM.

This was all just bullshit teacher stuff they teach you at uni haha. Everything he says is just fluff teacher talk.

Also I don’t care who he had on the team this year. They did not have a game plan during any game. We went backwards as each round went on. Thats on the coach

This was all just bullshit teacher stuff they teach you at uni haha. Everything he says is just fluff teacher talk.

Also I don’t care who he had on the team this year. They did not have a game plan during any game. We went backwards as each round went on. Thats on the coach

It is not that simple to reverse what, 5 years if not more, of ingrained decay. He is on notice for this year and he knows it.

It is not that simple to reverse what, 5 years if not more, of ingrained decay. He is on notice for this year and he knows it.
That’s an excuse. He still had an alright group of players to work with.

I don't think you should be praising Bellamy just yet.

Seems as though Chambers is leaving because he wants to finish up in Union. Not because Bellamy thinks he is past it. Storm seem to be quite happy to let Chambers see out his contract.

But a lot of people would argue that Chambers has been past it for some time now and that Bellamy persevered with him for far too long like the Broncos are with Boyd and Macca.

That’s an excuse. He still had an alright group of players to work with.

Yes it is, and it is a legitimate excuse. You can't reverse years of ingrained, endemic decay in less than a season, especially when part of that shit is a team as spineless as spaghetti. To reverse a corrosive culture takes a lot longer than a year. In any case, as we all know, all the cards are on the table and Seibold will live or die by the sword he has been handed, and by the skills he is purported to have.

Yes it is, and it is a legitimate excuse. You can't reverse years of ingrained, endemic decay in less than a season, especially when part of that shit is a team as spineless as spaghetti. To reverse a corrosive culture takes a lot longer than a year. In any case, as we all know, all the cards are on the table and Seibold will live or die by the sword he has been handed, and by the skills he is purported to have.

he still under achieved regardless of any excuse. I posit that he did a worse job than any other nrl coach would have done apart from maybe Kearney and Mary

I hope he can succeed but I just have real concerns that because of his coaching style, language used and other philosophies around the game, that the majority of players have a hard time relating to him.

As a fan, I feel I have a hard time relating to him. He just trots out a whole lot of babble regardless of the situation, but particularly after a loss, in what seems to be an effort to bamboozle people and deflect blame from himself.

To me, he does not come across as someone players would want to follow into battle. He comes across more as an effective motivational speaker and 'life coach' - but more suited to students and business people, instead of mostly simple-minded, one-dimensional thinking rugby league players who basically just need to know in which direction to run and who to pass the ball to.

Last edited:
he still under achieved regardless of any excuse. I posit that he did a worse job than any other nrl coach would have done apart from maybe Kearney and Mary

NO coach could have done better with a spine of Boyd, Turpin, Milford and Macca. NO COACH.

Would Bellamy have dropped Boyd and Macca given their contracts?

As long as people focus on Seibold as the single cause of the teams failure this season, the real issues will go unanswered

Look. I'll be honest with you. I am quite a simple-minded rugby league fan myself. If my team loses, I need to know what the coach thinks contributed to that loss and what he is going to do to fix it, or at lease minimise the risk of the same issues occurring again. Give it to me straight, like Des Hasler, Madge Maguire or Bellyache would. Don't bore me with more of your Zen Philosophies and number crunching Anthony, it's not what we need to hear, particularly after the season just gone.

A new-age, wannabe guru is not what this club needs right now.

Last edited:
The biggest criticism I have of Seibold last year was that he benched Turpin after 1 quiet game and 4 or 5 previous great ones. Like he was the only bloke being held accountable for his performances, everyone else was welcome to stink it up as much as they pleased but the second Turps had a quiet game it's nope you're benched..
[automerge]1572745231[/automerge]
Would Bellamy have dropped Boyd and Macca given their contracts?
Honestly......probably.

Last edited:

Active Now

• BroncosFan_Corey
  • GCBRONCO
  • Strop
  • Harry Sack
  • Swordfish
  • mitch222
  • Culhwch
  • Broncorob
  • leon.bott
  • broncoscope
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • Johnny92
  • Bucking Beads
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Skathen
  • BRC088
  • porouian
  • Lurker
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.