NEWS Brisbane coach Anthony Seibold is optimistic about Broncos’ future

Once again, 2 of those wins should not have been, due to a ref error against the Tigers and the goalpost saving us against the Cowboys. So that would have dropped us down to 13 wins and probably 8th place.

You forgot Isaako dancing his way upfield to plant the winner against the Roosters, would have been 12 wins and missing the 8.

Really, is that all you can justify with downgrading the 15 wins...un-fucking-believable!!
[automerge]1572768924[/automerge]
Broncos ready to rip into Anthony Seibold’s pre-season plan
Rising stars Patrick Carrigan and Tom Dearden and a host of youngsters have already hit the ground running for a pre-season coach Anthony Seibold says will be much improved on last year.

Everything’s gonna be alright...

Meh..
Cowboys, Titans and Broncos all fighting for the spoon in 2020.

Last edited:
Broncos ready to rip into Anthony Seibold’s pre-season plan
Rising stars Patrick Carrigan and Tom Dearden and a host of youngsters have already hit the ground running for a pre-season coach Anthony Seibold says will be much improved on last year.
The NRL pre-season is in full swing across Queensland as the Titans and Cowboys join the Broncos in preparing for the 2020 season.
A number of North Queensland and Gold Coast players will on Monday officially start their pre-season training, while several Broncos players began on Friday.

It will be Gold Coast coach Justin Holbrook’s first pre-season training session as an NRL head coach, while Cowboys mentor Paul Green will be aiming to make amends for his side’s poor 2019 season.

Rising Brisbane stars Patrick Carrigan and Tom Dearden joined a host of young players in Friday’s first training session before the more experienced players join them over the coming weeks.

Coach Anthony Seibold said the upcoming pre-season was much better organised than the last which followed his sudden arrival at Red Hill.

“We’ve got a very well planned program,” he said.

Broncos coach Anthony Seibold. Picture: AAP
Broncos coach Anthony Seibold. Picture: AAP
“The beauty of this pre-season is that we’ve been able to plan it over the off-season.

“We came in late last year.

“In any case, we had some small wins (in 2019) but, ultimately, we were disappointed with our final performance but we’ve reviewed that, held on to it for a while and moved on from it.”

He said the club was “setting the standards early” as they looked to end Brisbane’s longest premiership drought.

Young gun Jake Turpin said several players had trained during the off-season. He will start his pre-season on November 13, along with the more experienced squad and representative players.

“We’ve done a few training sessions together through the off-season,” Turpin said.

Broncos young gun Jake Turpin is ready for a big pre-season. Picture: AAP
Broncos young gun Jake Turpin is ready for a big pre-season. Picture: AAP
“There’s a really good vibe around us boys and we’re really keen to get back together and work hard.

“It’s an eager young group.

“The boys just want to be the best they can be and that’s all we can do in the off-season.

“When November 13 comes round, the boys are ready to go.”

The Broncos will hope to make amends for their 2019 finish, while both the Cowboys and Titans have plenty to improve on following their season standings last year.

Holbrook last week spoke of setting the standards at the club as he begins his tenure at the struggling Titans.

“We get to start fresh Monday and lay down some standards and behaviours that we’ll work in with the players over the next few months,” he said.

Everything’s gonna be alright...

“We got a very well planned Spotify play list” -Anthony Seibold

“We got a very well planned Spotify play list” -Anthony Seibold
I think he means "This year I know Boyd fucking sucks and no matter how well he trains, it means fucking nothing on the field".

I think people need to calm the **** down. Everything on this forum has just turned into a bitchathon. Makes it really hard to want to comment on anything.
I am all for positivity, but the worst loss in a finals, and the biggest flogging the club has ever copped sort of warrant the response.

Siebs reminds a lot of Mickey Arthur, goodness I hope he does something next season to change that comparison, it isn’t a good one.

He reminds me of a snake oil salesman that conned his way into a gullible rich family and is slowly reaping away all of their fortune and prestige.

Last edited:
You forgot Isaako dancing his way upfield to plant the winner against the Roosters, would have been 12 wins and missing the 8.

Really, is that all you can justify with downgrading the 15 wins...un-fucking-believable!!
[automerge]1572768924[/automerge]

Meh..
Cowboys, Titans and Broncos all fighting for the spoon in 2020.
Comment was not directed at you sweetheart.

And the problem with the original poster's comment as with many of them, is that there is no balance.

Last edited:
I could probably say the same thing about last years attack ?

No wait, we had the 'Boyd out the back sweep play' ... almost forgot about that one.
You could say it but you wouldn't be right. The 2 seasons were very different

He reminds me of a snake oil salesman that conned his way into a gullible rich family and is slowly reaping away all of their fortune and prestige.

That's a bit unfair. He hasn't been responsible for any of the stupid contracts I don't think, so his hands are tied to an extent.

On field lack of game plan, 58-0, etc, that is totally on him.

Ok I have come down from the ledge and I am prepared to be positive.
First I am positive that the administration has been woeful.
Secondly I am positive that the new coach needs to give the players explicit instructions as to how he wants them to play and not just reward effort at training.
Thirdly though, I am also positive that we have some serious talent in the squad and while it’s true we will probably have a lot of our salary cap wasted we also have guys playing well on not much money.
Fourthly (yes I am regretting using Firstly etc), I did like the way Milford and Dearden were headed and so I am prepared to be positive and give them a shot but we are in serious trouble if they get injured.

Ok I have come down from the ledge and I am prepared to be positive.
First I am positive that the administration has been woeful.
Secondly I am positive that the new coach needs to give the players explicit instructions as to how he wants them to play and not just reward effort at training.
Thirdly though, I am also positive that we have some serious talent in the squad and while it’s true we will probably have a lot of our salary cap wasted we also have guys playing well on not much money.
Fourthly (yes I am regretting using Firstly etc), I did like the way Milford and Dearden were headed and so I am prepared to be positive and give them a shot but we are in serious trouble if they get injured.
Milford and Dearden are a paradox of talent that will have an even worse effect on each other than Milford and Nikorima

Milford and Dearden are a paradox of talent that will have an even worse effect on each other than Milford and Nikorima
Wow that’s deep. I am prepared to watch and see but they certainly need some serious coaching to be the best they can be.

Wow that’s deep. I am prepared to watch and see but they certainly need some serious coaching to be the best they can be.
Yeah, to the point where they're confused and can't play their natural game

he still under achieved regardless of any excuse. I posit that he did a worse job than any other nrl coach would have done apart from maybe Kearney and Mary
Stating opinion as fact.

Once again, 2 of those wins should not have been, due to a ref error against the Tigers and the goalpost saving us against the Cowboys. So that would have dropped us down to 13 wins and probably 8th place.

In any event, if you are satisfied with just making the bottom half of the 8, getting knocked out week one of the finals with a whimper, that is the trajectory that we were on (if not missing the 8 altogether).

A change of coaching was required. Whether they have chosen the right coach we will discover in due course. I and it seems a number of other informed posters are willing to cut him some slack and give him some time to see if he can turn our fortunes around. He did inherit a weak spine.

In saying all of that, he is under the pump, and Seibold's failure to have the side playing to some form of consistent system in both attack and defence was concerning, and some of his selections were bewildering. If things do not show a definable and noticeable improvement this year, you can be sure that there will be a lot more joining you calling for him to be replaced. But given, we are all supposed to be Broncos supporters, I guess we should be hoping he succeeds and the club gets back to where it once was. As opposed to deathriding him at every turn and hoping if not expecting that he fails.

You get wins though in every year you dont deserve. We didnt deserve to beat the Cowboys this year in Townsville. We were very fortunate to beat the Eels at Suncorp. We couldnt really have complained if we lost to the Warriors when we got that draw. Thats 6 points there. That would have seen us in 14th spot. If it wasnt for some huge plays from Fifta we would have been in trouble, same as the Issako try against the Rorters or Bolton hitting the post. You need a bit of luck.

You get wins though in every year you dont deserve. We didnt deserve to beat the Cowboys this year in Townsville. We were very fortunate to beat the Eels at Suncorp. We couldnt really have complained if we lost to the Warriors when we got that draw. Thats 6 points there. That would have seen us in 14th spot. If it wasnt for some huge plays from Fifta we would have been in trouble, same as the Issako try against the Rorters or Bolton hitting the post. You need a bit of luck.

There were at least two or three games the Broncs lost that they had 99% won, swings and roundabouts.

There were at least two or three games the Broncs lost that they had 99% won, swings and roundabouts.
Sure, but it looks like old mate was trying to have it both ways by discounting the wins we had in '18 as lucky while still totting them up for this year.

Sure, but it looks like old mate was trying to have it both ways by discounting the wins we had in '18 as lucky while still totting them up for this year.

Oh yeah, I can’t stand the excuses, have already made that clear.

Active Now

• Santa
  • Mr Fourex
  • FACTHUNT
  • Rambstien
  • Financeguy
  • Allo
  • Johnny92
  • broncsgoat
  • azza.79
  • kman
  • Broncorob
  • Foordy
  • lynx000
  • NSW stables
  • broncoscope
  • Horseheadsup
  • Galah
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Locky24
  • Big Del
... and 6 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.