Brisbane - Dragqueens Spoilers and Match Discussion

ethos

ethos

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
Coxy said:
Brilliant win. I honestly didn't think this Broncos team had it in them to play with that much steel.

Yeah I agree, especially from the likes of Setu, Te'o and Sims in forwards. Sims in particular has been immense the past two weeks.

And interestingly, the whole team seemed very reserved after the win. Reserved in a good way though, it's almost as if they're bracing themselves for bigger and better things to come.

B

broncoangel

QCup Player
Mar 4, 2008
WOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! _woohoo_ _woohoo_ _woohoo_ _woohoo_

What passion!!! The boys were so fired up!! Lockyer = God :)
Couldn't find one player who didn't put in - congrats boys!! [eusa_clap.gi [eusa_clap.gi

I was so nervous before the game, and couldn't sit still during it. Honestly didn't expect a score like that - but after the last couple of games - we are back baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mrgreen:

Nashy

Nashy

Immortal
Senior Staff
Mar 5, 2008
I thought she was talking about all rugby league players out on the town for a minute.

B

bronco_babe77

NRL Captain
Mar 5, 2008
ningnangnong said:
One part of the match i loved was when Te'o got into a bit of a scuffle with Sailor and then a few Broncos players steamed over and drove poor Dell back about ten metres. That was great.

[icon_lol1. Yeah - he was too busy mouthing off before he even realised he was getting smashed and driven back 10 meters!! I Lol'd.

You could quite clearly see the passion last night. They definately had that same look about them after half time in the semi against Canterbury in 06 - like "we ARE NOT going to lose this game". If anyone noticed Sims coming onto the field after half time, you'd see how evident in his body language that this was a major second half and they were not going to let up.

Can't get too ahead of ourselves but damn that victory was sweet icon_thumbs_u

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
I think Sims deserves a massive wrap though. To come back from the incident last season and starting the year in QLD cup he has been really good even when we were losing he has been 1 of our better players.

U

uji

QCup Player
Mar 16, 2008
Wish I could find that thread someone started before the season about the players to watch this year...

I signalled out Yow Yeh and Mccullough (however you spell it). Now, I think mccullough has shown great signs for the better part of the year ( hence being the starting hooker whilst 2 established 1st grade hookers in Marsh and Gorrell have been fixtures in Qcup for weeks ).

However, tonight was the first game I have seen from Yow Yeh ( largely due to lack of opportunity ) where he has shown the skill and commitment that had be touting him as the next Israel. Seriously, the dragons threw ALOT at him in the first 20, and he passed every test with flying colours.
If any of you watched the hugely successful broncos toyota cup team of last year, especially during the finals, you would have seen what this kid had to offer then... I just hope we can keep him, and it would be disgusting to see him back in Qcup after 2 games like that in a row. Folau to centre, whatever, I dont care. He is just playing too well to lose his spot.
And this is not taking anything away from Winterstein who has impressed me all year.

B

bronco_babe77

NRL Captain
Mar 5, 2008
Yeah - Yow Yeah was my gun for this year. Last year in Toyota Cup he was amazing - showed (and still is showing) a lot of potential. It would be disappointing to see him lose his spot if he does.

Jeba

Jeba

International
Mar 4, 2008
Coxy said:
Locky, Taylor, Hodges, Sims and Kenny were the catalyst for victory. They were simply outstanding.

Agree with that and I would add in McCullough. He was fantastic and our best on ground IMO. By far the best game he has had in Broncos colours. Whenever the Dragons tried a set move up the middle he would just chop the ball runner down, everytime without fail. And his service from dummy half was brilliant. I'm very excited about this one, he's gonna be a great player.

Was a great night at WIN last night, The Stable looked fantastic from where I was sitting. We were lucky enough to be seated next to a few Broncos fans and were even luckier to back Dave Taylor for first try _woohoo_ Boy oh boy the Dragons fans didn't know what to do with themselves after that. They were just simply speechless after the loss. We got plenty of heckling when we were on our way to the ground, but nothing on the way back. Rocky - thanks for the lift champ! icon_thumbs_u

QUEENSLANDER

QUEENSLANDER

NRL Captain
Mar 4, 2008
That was one of the most dedicated and passionate broncos performances i have ever seen. its amazing to think this is the same team that got smashed by the lowly raiders a few weeks ago. I dont get it lol. The apprentice smashed the Master last night, maybe bennett isnt all hes cracked up to be :p

Its getting harder to watch taylor each week, hes a machine and it sucks we are losing him!

Ironbroncos

Ironbroncos

QCup Player
May 2, 2008
agreed with all comments, Broncos looking the goods, just keep it up!

Sims i use to loathe you but these last couple of performances are right up there, the intensity he has is great, signals the broncos power games of old, Taylor too bad youre going, youre the mantis
never really rated Mccullough thinking marsh was always a better option, but damn lastnight he was right in the thick of things tackling props head on, thats gutsy, good on yah

good to see a broncos outfit working the field TOGETHER

awesome job Broncos, i stayed up to watch the delayed coverage (they showed the eels/tigers game live) here, well worth it

Dexter

Dexter

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Mar 26, 2008
Agree with all the accolades.

I was stunned at the controlled, aggressive, focused and composed display last night.
Dragons only played as well as we let them.

Where thehell has that been?

Anonymous person

Anonymous person

Banned User
Dec 16, 2008
I had a feeling they'd pull this one off. I didn't think they'd be as clinical in their execution as they were, which was just insane. Easily one of the best matches by a Broncos team that I can ever remember.

Suck on that one Wayne.

M

mick

NRL Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Awesome commitment in defense - that was by far the best part of the night. Even if we didn't win against a team like that, if we showed a bit of enthusiasm in holding our line I would've been happy.

1. Where the fark has it been?
2. How far could we go in 2009 if we keep this up?

Answers are, to the first, I have no friggin idea, and to the second... pretty much the same. Absolutely insane to think that we're only just outside the top four now after the sort of year that we've had, but equally crazy when you realise we could still miss the finals even after the last three halves of footy we've played.

gUt

gUt

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
It was just great to see them playing so relaxed and composed. The main thing that stood out was the sense of TEAMWORK - blokes turning up to help make tackles, good kick chase etc. Lockyer's tactical kicking game is back, even if some of his passes are still not hitting the mark.

Once Wallace gets some more confidence back we will be deadly, because McCullough is starting to find his feet as a leader in the team and Hunt will return to his best sooner rather than later.

mrslong

mrslong

International Rep
Mar 25, 2008
mick said:
Awesome commitment in defense - that was by far the best part of the night. Even if we didn't win against a team like that, if we showed a bit of enthusiasm in holding our line I would've been happy.

1. Where the fark has it been?
2. How far could we go in 2009 if we keep this up?

Answers are, to the first, I have no friggin idea, and to the second... pretty much the same. Absolutely insane to think that we're only just outside the top four now after the sort of year that we've had, but equally crazy when you realise we could still miss the finals even after the last three halves of footy we've played.

I'd love to know the answer to number 1,
but the answer to number 2 is if we can play like that when it matters, we can go all the way. _woohoo_

I don't know if we can back that up for the next 6 weeks though. [icon_shru

Active Now

• Justwin
  • broncsgoat
  • lynx000
  • Sproj
  • Bucking Beads
  • Dash
  • FACTHUNT
  • scobie
  • phoenix
  • pennywisealfie
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Manlyman
  • Johnny92
  • Gympie devil
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.