NEWS Brisbane turned down Brodie Croft

This is too much. Watching the Matty Johns show and now all of a sudden targeting players injuries is all good. When Sam Thaiday targeted Bromwich's broken finger these very same idiots condemned it. "dog effort ,disgusting, needs to be suspended" The Sharks do it "all good, silly not to target an injury, play injured and you are fair game".

**** you.

This is too much. Watching the Matty Johns show and now all of a sudden targeting players injuries is all good. When Sam Thaiday targeted Bromwich's broken finger these very same idiots condemned it. "dog effort ,disgusting, needs to be suspended" The Sharks do it "all good, silly not to target an injury, play injured and you are fair game".

**** you.
+1

I saw the footage the cows were whinging about. They played 4 clips and out of the 4 there was one you could make a case for. It was just typical Cowboys whinging over nothing. Thaiday really did grab that guy's thumb though.

Are you sure about that?

Milford was recruited after Prince was told he would play the next season in QLD Cup if he chose to stay and after Wallace was told he would no longer be required beyond 2013.

There was a plan of moving Milford to halfback, but putting him in the halves with Hunt was in the picture.
Yes, I am absolutely sure about that.
And of course Hunt was in the picture, like anyone else remotely suited for the halves.
But I'm not butthurt or filthy, and I have no reason to be. Bennett and Boyd coming here have most certainly been a success. We haven't won a premiership but we were fucking close, and none of what's happened since has been the fault of Bennett or his decision-making. Like I said to @Nashy, shit happens.

The bolded bit is what's laughable. What you're saying though is "well well well". You're saying that the Broncos should have kept Hoffman because with Boyd doing an achilles, he could actually be really useful. What I mean by that is you're taking two unrelated scenarios and twisting them together to make yourself look like some kind of visionary. But in reality, those two scenarios are unrelated. Choosing Hunt over Taylor is completely unrelated to Hunt leaving. Claiming to have foreseen Hunt's "shortcomings" and advocating for keeping Taylor is missing the point completely. In reality, Hunt could have been Thurston and the situation would play out exactly the same. We could have chosen Thurston over Taylor, and it would have been the right choice at the time. Just because "Thurston" chose to leave for a payday doesn't change that fact. It doesn't prove that keeping Taylor was the smart choice, unless of course you're claiming your "vision" was based on the fact you foresaw Hunt leaving for better money.
Seriously? You're totally twisting what I've said about the topic, blatantly lying, and then trying to turn it on me. Have you been possessed, because I swear I've seen that before, although not from you.

Keep up the good work mate, if that's what you're aspiring to be. I'm almost taking you seriously... except I'm really not, because I actually believed you to be truthful, and this is bitterly disappointing, albeit less and less surprising. Bennett is just like religion to you, so you'll go to the same extremes to push your agenda.

I've NEVER criticised Bennett for allowing Taylor to look elsewhere in 2016 given the circumstances. I am talking about our discussions in 2014 and what Boyd's recruitment would mean for all the youngsters we had coming through at the time.
Two spine positions would be taken, one of which by a player we definitely did not need (unless it was someone of Thurston or Smith's calibre), leaving 4 very talented players to fight it out for the remaining spot.
This would naturally drive a few of them away, and would hurt the Broncos future, especially if that was the only true halfback we had in Taylor, as all the others were Fullbacks or Five-Eights.

I didn't want Hunt to leave at all, or for Taylor to be chosen ahead of him. I advocated for both in the halves with Milford as the custodian, as I believed it would serve the Broncos much better than bringing Bennett's illegitimate son back.

Guess what... it actually happened exactly as I predicted, but hey, we came really close in 2015, so that gives you the perfect excuse to deny the obvious. Besides, Bennett and Boyd have been really successful (cough...), so there's no way things could've been better.
In fact, I'm sure we would not be better off (especially towards the future) with this spine, right?

1- Milford
6- Kodi (assuming Hunt would have still left for the millions)
7- Taylor
9- Macca

And of course Hunt was in the picture, like anyone else remotely suited for the halves.

Seriously? You're totally twisting what I've said about the topic, blatantly lying, and then trying to turn it on me. Have you been possessed, because I swear I've seen that before, although not from you.

Keep up the good work mate, if that's what you're aspiring to be. I'm almost taking you seriously... except I'm really not, because I actually believed you to be truthful, and this is bitterly disappointing, albeit less and less surprising. Bennett is just like religion to you, so you'll go to the same extremes to push your agenda.

I've NEVER criticised Bennett for allowing Taylor to look elsewhere in 2016 given the circumstances. I am talking about our discussions in 2014 and what Boyd's recruitment would mean for all the youngsters we had coming through at the time.
Two spine positions would be taken, one of which by a player we definitely did not need (unless it was someone of Thurston or Smith's calibre), leaving 4 very talented players to fight it out for the remaining spot.
This would naturally drive a few of them away, and would hurt the Broncos future, especially if that was the only true halfback we had in Taylor, as all the others were Fullbacks or Five-Eights.

I didn't want Hunt to leave at all, or for Taylor to be chosen ahead of him. I advocated for both in the halves with Milford as the custodian, as I believed it would serve the Broncos much better than bringing Bennett's illegitimate son back.

Guess what... it actually happened exactly as I predicted, but hey, we came really close in 2015, so that gives you the perfect excuse to deny the obvious. Besides, Bennett and Boyd have been really successful (cough...), so there's no way things could've been better.
In fact, I'm sure we would not be better off (especially towards the future) with this spine, right?

1- Milford
7- Taylor
9- Macca

You know what, you cranky old foreign guy?

I'm going to cop that. We've all got our own favourites and of course that's going to skew our perspective of how we see events. I don't agree with you and my recollection of the events certainly seem different to yours, but that's the way it is.

Enjoy the game tonight and if you see Hodges, yell out for me please. I'll be joining you in the not too distant future to annoy him myself.

Could someome pls post the news on cory paix thats on courier mail. ( headline- broncos finally unearth future playmaking ace)

1- Milford
7- Taylor
9- Macca
If only.

Who is this Corey Paix kid the Courier-Mail is taking up? Apparently the next big thing to play halfback for the Broncos. Never heard of him.

Anyone got any info?

The deeper we expand our search for where it all went wrong, the more we begin to unearth the root cause.

Yes our talent scouts have been blind to what the others see.

But Peter Wallace successfully cockblocked a bevy of junior talent that might otherwise have been offered the chance to play grade. His re-signing in 2010 was a dark day in our history. If we had of cut Wallace then, much of what ails us now would not be anywhere near as troubling.

Or realised he was better as a hooker...

1- Milford
7- Taylor
9- Macca

Still leaves Macca at 9 but been harping on this for years. Boyd was a terrible signing, unnecessary as we had a fullback in Milford.

We’ve had a good half season in 2015 and that is about it from Boyd injured or afraid for most of the rest. His attitude seems to be contagious throughout the whole team. Worst of all the players play like they believe they need him... they don’t.

I don't get why people think Boyd has attitude issues because he whines at refs a bit. His form for us has been pretty good up until his injury.

I don't even think what we are paying him is an issue tbh, I think he is worth it in today's market, I just think a 2 year deal was what he should have got

I don't get why people think Boyd has attitude issues because he whines at refs a bit. His form for us has been pretty good up until his injury.

I don't even think what we are paying him is an issue tbh, I think he is worth it in today's market, I just think a 2 year deal was what he should have got

For me, it's when he chooses to whinge. Look at guys like Smith, Thurston and dare I say it, Gallen. They talk to the refs during a break in play. Boyd gets tackled and 9 times out of 10 he gives the ref a look while he's on his stomach....shakes his head....gets up.....shakes his head again and plays the ball. He costs us, more than anything with his slow play. Piss and moan at the refs after every tackle if you want, but play the fucking ball as quick as you can first. A determined run back into the line every now and then wouldn't hurt either.

*disclaimer: I haven't had a chance to watch the game tonight to see if that's changed.

Hopefully our scouts were watching the goalpost tonight. He was fantastic and a real prospect.

He’ll do two weeks for that shoulder charge though.
Harsh I know, but it's always been a problem for him. Needs to at least attempt to wrap the arms around. I also don't like how he plants his feet and doesn't push off the line.

Active Now

• BroncosFan_Corey
  • Battler
  • Justwin
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Allo
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Dash
  • Skathen
  • Brotherdu
  • Midean
  • Strop
  • MrMoore
  • Morkel
  • Jazza
  • Yem
  • Broncorob
  • ezpz
  • Rookie Alan
  • Palmer Wapau Fanclub
... and 36 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.