Broncos 2012/13 Offseason Thread

Surely Maranta and Copley will get the nod first

Perhaps, though Kahu was very likely to feature this season if he wasn't injured, same for the previous, its only been injuries that have held him back, competition in the backs is a good thing and I was glad to see Maranta given a go but there are only a few players in the backline I think I would consider as worthy of having a rock solid spot, quite a few spots are up for grabs imo and Kahu should be in contention.

Last edited:
Does he have the same wraps Gagai did?

Maranta would have to be the front runner for the wing spot depending on how far away Yow Yeh & Kahu are.

Definitely, probably more so and has a better attitude to match it with.

Kahu is obviously a player the club rates highly. If he can stay injury free I think he is a chance at fullback.

Maybe he'll be a surprise selection at fullback for round 1... Who knows.

sounds like they rate his talent highly.. not sure they'd bother with him on the wing.

sounds like he'll get some good game time in the first trial so i guess we'll see how that goes.

This Kahu kid, is getting quite a bit of hype. I don't wanna drag myself into it, in case it's a flop.

Last edited:
This Kahu kid, is getting quite a bit of hype. I don't wanna drag myself into it, in case it's a flop.

As soon as the Courier Mail lauds someone as "the replacement for Darren Lockyer" you start to get worried.... about how lazy the journos in Brisbane are.

But seriously that tag has been given to Corey Norman and Ben Hunt at various stages throughout their brief careers.

I haven't seen Kahu, but like Yow Yeh his attitude would appear to be "take nothing for granted" which is the opposite of Corey Norman's "I'm the child prodigy, everyone make way for me".

As soon as the Courier Mail lauds someone as "the replacement for Darren Lockyer" you start to get worried.... about how lazy the journos in Brisbane are.

But seriously that tag has been given to Corey Norman and Ben Hunt at various stages throughout their brief careers.

I haven't seen Kahu, but like Yow Yeh his attitude would appear to be "take nothing for granted" which is the opposite of Corey Norman's "I'm the child prodigy, everyone make way for me".
Yes, and if that attitude is for real, he's already a winner in my book!

I know it's only social media, but following Kahu on Twitter the last year has shown just how level headed he is. He mentioned a lot about his rehab and stuff, but it was never a complaint. It was always just something he had to get done, and he welcomed the company he had from other players while always being encouraging of them to get on the field before he did.

I love his attitude.

Whether he's as good as the hype says he is we'll see. I don't really care. If he's good ENOUGH to play first grade, then with his attitude he should be in the 17 if we can fit him in.

I know it's only social media, but following Kahu on Twitter the last year has shown just how level headed he is. He mentioned a lot about his rehab and stuff, but it was never a complaint. It was always just something he had to get done, and he welcomed the company he had from other players while always being encouraging of them to get on the field before he did.

I love his attitude.

Whether he's as good as the hype says he is we'll see. I don't really care. If he's good ENOUGH to play first grade, then with his attitude he should be in the 17 if we can fit him in.

Attitude
Discipline
Opportunity
Ability

Ingredients for success - generally in that order.

Attitude
Discipline
Opportunity
Ability

Ingredients for success - generally in that order.

Agree completely. He's demonstrated the first 2 admirably. 3rd one has been cruelled by injuries so far, but that should come this year.

And that will help demonstrate number 4.

Has anyone seen much of Caleb Timu? Any chance he could fill the second prop spot on the bench?

How is Anderson training...? I think we are going to struggle with go forward losing Petero and Teo in the off season.

14. Hunt
15. Stagg/Gillett
16. Hala/Anderson/Timu
17. Hala/Anderson/Timu

or

14. Hunt
15. Gillett
16. Stagg
17. Hala/Anderson/Timu

subsligh said:
Has anyone seen much of Caleb Timu? Any chance he could fill the second prop spot on the bench?

Genuine superstar prospect but I'd be surprised if we saw much of him in 2013. Defensively is still pretty poor and he's got a couple of other areas of his game he needs to work on.

I've said it before, but if there is one bolter to pick up a second row spot, it'd be Oates. However, I don't think it's important to come up with a replacement for Te'o. It's generally better to go with a 2 prop, 1 backrow, 1 utility rotation because props tend to need more breaks.

Genuine superstar prospect but I'd be surprised if we saw much of him in 2013. Defensively is still pretty poor and he's got a couple of other areas of his game he needs to work on.

I've said it before, but if there is one bolter to pick up a second row spot, it'd be Oates. However, I don't think it's important to come up with a replacement for Te'o. It's generally better to go with a 2 prop, 1 backrow, 1 utility rotation because props tend to need more breaks.

McGuire and Hannant are both 60 minute + props.

I think the Broncs have to put their best 17 on the park and make the forward rotations work around that.

Glenn, Thaiday & Parker are all 80 minute players.

Active Now

• ivanhungryjak
  • Lurker
  • Old Mate
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Evander
  • Culhwch
  • Fozz
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.