Broncos 2012/13 Offseason Thread

Dying for some Broncos action?

Not the best game, but always good to see some old names and faces. Love how even when we're getting belted we still throw it around and really trouble their defence late in the game.

That half also makes me sad about O'Neil. He could have been one of the greats. Awesome kicking game, one of the best in the club's history.

What a great game to watch. Everything from the intensity, the willingness to throw the ball around even the refereeing is more robust.

Dell at 12 - lol.

PS I didn't know Gordon Ramsey (no. 30) did a stint at the Broncos??

PS I didn't know Gordon Ramsey (no. 30) did a stint at the Broncos??

Also - Kevvie Walters - channeling Corey Norman - especially at 37:00.

And Lockyer - replacing Gavin Allen. Man this is the greatest video.

I wouldn't say this is up there with the 2006 finals effort against the Bulldogs but definitely a great finals game and what footwork not to mention the determination from Cann to get us into the Grand Final, awesome stuff!

Last edited by a moderator:
Trial Form Will Be Vital: Griffin

http://www.broncos.com.au/news-display/Trial-Form-Will-Be-Vital-Griffin/67088

NRMA Insurance Broncos' coach Anthony Griffin has a message for his players - trial form will count for everything in the fight for spots.

The Broncos enter the 2013 season with battles being waged for starting jerseys for the round one opener against Manly at Suncorp Stadium on March 8.

The jostling for positions resumed when the Broncos returned to training at Purtell Park this morning.

The outside backs, halves and front row spots are the most contentious.

But with depth and talent strong, the trial matches next month are where the wheat will be sorted from the chaff, said Griffin.

"We have got most positions covered pretty well so a lot of it will come down to what they do in February," he said.

"There is no-one that is not working the way they should be at the moment, so it will come down to trial form."

Griffin was pleased with the players intensity at the first run in hot conditions this morning.

"It was a tough session but they got through it pretty well," he said.

"It is always hard coming back but they had earned the break before Christmas.

"It is just good to be back."

Scott Prince is one player who wants a starting berth but there are several incumbents who want the jump on him, including Peter Wallace, Corey Norman and Ben Hunt.

Griffin reiterated hard work was the key for everyone, including himself.

"Everyone talks about how well he (Prince) can attack but we have been prettty demanding on him that he does his defensive load as well," said Griffin.

"He is in a pack of four or five guys fighting for a spot.

"He just needs to work hard. He's got everything he needs as long as his attitude is right and up until now he has been doing everything right."

Everyone knows Prince is guaranteed a spot.

Honestly I'm getting sick of griffins 'prince has to work hard' bull****. DId he not watch last season?

I wouldn't say this is up there with the 2006 finals effort against the Bulldogs but definitely a great finals game and what footwork not to mention the determination from Cann to get us into the Grand Final, awesome stuff!

Great game and a great win. Get some Cann up ya

Last edited by a moderator:
Honestly I'm getting sick of griffins 'prince has to work hard' bull****. DId he not watch last season?

Diplomacy sucks but that's just life.

Besides, it wasn't like Prince played that well last year either.

It's typical league clichés, everyone has to work hard to get their spot, every spot is up for grabs, etc. We know there's a certain group of players who will definitely get a spot, Prince is one of them. We didn't buy him to play in reserves.

I have no doubt Prince will get one of the halves jerseys, and I'm pretty sure that Wallace will be his partner, but I like the fact that Hook at the very least gives the impression that all the players start on equal ground, and must work harder and better than the others to get the gig.

Well of course he has to say that. It's like when there's a promotion up for grabs at work, 95% of the time they already have the candidate pre-selected but will trot the typical everyone is an equal chance line.

In saying all that, I'm sure if either Hunt or Norman continue to train well and then have blinders in the trials I can see them getting in ahead of Prince or even Wallace. All due respect to Prince who is a fantastic player (and one of my favourite players) it's not like we set out to purchase him like we would have for a Thurston or Cronk.

Why would Hook come out and say Prince is guaranteed a spot in the team? Prince needs to earn it and gain the respect and confidence of his teammates. Hook would also want to give hope to the younger halves. If one of them is ready to step up he could easily get picked ahead of Prince. I don't know how you expect Hook to act.

036856-peter-wallis.jpg

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/peter-wallace-gets-nasty-cut-at-broncos-first-2013-training-session/story-e6frg6n6-1226547037358

Peter's off to a good start.......:001_rolleyes:

McGuire did the same thing to Kemp not long ago haha.

2ihkt52.jpg

And look how Kemp turned out.... Looks like it won't be Prince/Wallace in the halves.

Honestly. I don't care if we win or lose this year, just wan't good efforts.

Maybe it's because we're not guaranteed a top 8 spot, like Melbourne or Canterbury.

Active Now

• Stix
  • Fozz
  • TimWhatley
  • Jazza
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Justwin
  • Big Del
  • DrGee
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Skathen
  • Fitzy
  • Strop
  • Harry Sack
  • Tmac
  • FaceOfMutiny
  • sooticus
  • Midean
  • LockyersLeftBoot
  • Broncorob
  • Lostboy
... and 16 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.