GCBRONCO

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
How many times has it been that they've been premiership favourites now

Waynesaurus

Waynesaurus

NRL Captain
Jun 3, 2013
Well Green certainly has the psycho grumpy win at all cost attitude down pat like Maguire and Bellamy. They also have JT, who isn't getting any younger, if they are going to win something it will have to be soon.

Rally Towel

Rally Towel

NRL Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2014
They'll do well this year I think. But still not going to go all the way.

redbur95

redbur95

QCup Player
Feb 17, 2013
The Tigers were plenty of "experts'" favourites in 2012. Every year has been worse than the last for them.

Waynesaurus

Waynesaurus

NRL Captain
Jun 3, 2013
The Tigers were plenty of "experts'" favourites in 2012. Every year has been worse than the last for them.

But the tigers have finally gotten rid of some of their dead weight like Blair....... ohhhh ....... errrmmmmm ....... ahhhhh ........ hang on...... DOH! :wink:

Ari Gold

Ari Gold

Master Baiter
Contributor
Mar 13, 2008
For those interested, Darius will be on Sterlo tonight.

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
If only I had Foxtel. Anyone kind enough to give us a wrap up of what he says tonight?

Seems Darius has really changed. He went from being really bitter to the media, to being really open and talkative in the last 6 or so months. I hope his new found happiness translates to stronger on field performances.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
If only I had Foxtel. Anyone kind enough to give us a wrap up of what he says tonight?

Seems Darius has really changed. He went from being really bitter to the media, to being really open and talkative in the last 6 or so months. I hope his new found happiness translates to stronger on field performances.

[video]http://www.couriermail.com.au/video/id-wwdG1xczoyBl7QW5oHA0L1LaRooNM6XH/Sterlo:-Darius-Boyd-opens-up[/video]

Boyd has really been impressing me with his words ... now lets see if he can put it together on the field

GCBRONCO

GCBRONCO

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...bs-sprint-record/story-fniabm4i-1227248118637

He is Brisbane’s greatest recruit since Israel Folau and Anthony Milford has just become the fastest player in Broncos history, smashing the club’s sprint record.

Milford is finally unleashed in maroon and gold on Thursday and Broncos fans will see a stronger and faster weapon than the sniper rifle that was Canberra’s best player for the past two seasons.

Milford returns the star factor to Suncorp Stadium that the Broncos lost when Folau jumped codes, Greg Inglis didn’t board his plane, Darren Lockyer retired and Barba failed to fire under an ill-advised bulk-up attempt.

Almost two years of controversial contract negotiations pay dividends tonight when the superstar 20-year-old plays his first NRL game for the Broncos brand that once adorned the EKKA showbags he begged his mum to buy.
Milford is the rare young footballer whose brilliance is matched by his humility.
He is a star that parents know their children can bluetack posters of without fearing they will have to tear them down nine months later in the midst of a scandal.
Milford needs his humility now more than ever as he carries the greatest weight of expectation in the NRL this season.

However, the Inala bred son of Samoan immigrants is cut from a different cloth.
When he was in Year 11 and 12 at Ipswich school St Peter Claver, Milford volunteered to work with the city’s homeless.
He cooked a barbecue for those less fortunate in the city’s Queens Park each week, not because the school told him to but because he genuinely wanted to help.
This act of selflessness came despite him being compared to Johnathan Thurston at the age of 15.
Most teens struggle in the wake of such expectations, Milford used them to demand excellence from himself.
Milford is getting paid handsomely for playing out of Red Hill and following three seasons of mediocrity, trigger-happy Brisbane fans need success.
Just ask Barba.
This will not be Barba 2.0.
Not only is Milford a supreme talent, he is improving.

This pre-season Milford clocked the fastest time in Broncos history over ten metres, ensuring the club has the one element it lacked when Folau abandoned ship — pure speed.
Brisbane do not release details of their sprint times but Milford’s mark wowed players and means he is faster than the likes of Lote Tuqiri, Wendell Sailor, Chris Walker and Folau.
There were concerns Milford was gaining too much weight but it is understood he is actually lighter than he was at Canberra and has increased his lean muscle mass.
Milford’s individual talent is stunning but his ability to break the line will also free Ben Hunt who his team mates tease about facing second year syndrome in his seventh season of NRL.
“Milf is so fast over a short distance. Everyone’s been talking about how he broke the club’s all-time ten metre record recently,” Ben Hunt said.
“He is very quick.
“He is a great player. His speed and ball skills are amazing.

“Milf will take pressure off me.
“He will help open things up for me by drawing defence his way.
“There were a couple of times last year when I got frustrated because the ball should have went the other way and it came my way.
“Milf will see those things.
“If he sees something in front of him I want him to overcall me.
“He is a bit different to what I thought.
“Like a lot of people I thought he was an adlib player but there is a lot of structure to his game — but when things break down then he goes to his off-the-cuff style.”

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
I love Benny Hunt as much as the next guy but I just wanted to raise a point from the Sharks game.

We are all aware he has a very average kicking game but a lot of people have said its largely to do with pressure.

We say that Maccas service is too slow and the fact that hunt is our only kicking option makes him an easy target for defenders but on friday night Ben had all the time in the world on most kicks. Not a shark near him.

Besides that one kick for marantas try, it was one of his worst performances with the boot. 2 kicks at least went directly into the body of an opposition player.

ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008
I love Benny Hunt as much as the next guy but I just wanted to raise a point from the Sharks game.

We are all aware he has a very average kicking game but a lot of people have said its largely to do with pressure.

We say that Maccas service is too slow and the fact that hunt is our only kicking option makes him an easy target for defenders but on friday night Ben had all the time in the world on most kicks. Not a shark near him.

Besides that one kick for marantas try, it was one of his worst performances with the boot. 2 kicks at least went directly into the body of an opposition player.

Anyone else notice how he was putting up torpedoes from just inside our half/on halfway?

Never really seen him do that before, must be some kind of new tactic we're trying out. In fact, I don't think I've ever seen him using a torpedo before this season, usually goes with the safe 'point over point' option that old Petey Wallace used to use relentlessly.

Love the torp though. MORE TORPEDOES!

B

bazza

NRL Player
Sep 24, 2013
Anyone else notice how he was putting up torpedoes from just inside our half/on halfway?

Never really seen him do that before, must be some kind of new tactic we're trying out. In fact, I don't think I've ever seen him using a torpedo before this season, usually goes with the safe 'point over point' option that old Petey Wallace used to use relentlessly.

Love the torp though. MORE TORPEDOES!

Yeah I agree, if he's going to put up bombs, it has to be either torpedo bombs or floating bombs not the not end over end type. I just don't want Hunt to put up bombs every single play. I'd much rather he just dabbed the ball behind the defence into the corners and possibly in the in goal area or just drilled it low, with our chasers trapping them inside their own ten. We can then muscle up in defence and restrict them to about the 30 metre line, forcing them to kick well in their own territory.

I'm a fan of the early kick on the fourth when the wingers aren't standing back. it just turns the opposition around and more often than not the forwards don't get back in time meaning they'll probably use a few tackles before a forward even has a run. It just puts the pressure on the other team to work their way out of their end, and often it results in us receiving the ball back in quality field position.

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
Yeah I agree, if he's going to put up bombs, it has to be either torpedo bombs or floating bombs not the not end over end type. I just don't want Hunt to put up bombs every single play. I'd much rather he just dabbed the ball behind the defence into the corners and possibly in the in goal area or just drilled it low, with our chasers trapping them inside their own ten. We can then muscle up in defence and restrict them to about the 30 metre line, forcing them to kick well in their own territory.

I'm a fan of the early kick on the fourth when the wingers aren't standing back. it just turns the opposition around and more often than not the forwards don't get back in time meaning they'll probably use a few tackles before a forward even has a run. It just puts the pressure on the other team to work their way out of their end, and often it results in us receiving the ball back in quality field position.

Especially from near halfway. Closer to their line the bombs need to have a more predictable path though, so our chasers have a target area to run to. From a distance those floaters are ideal as our runners won't be competing for the ball, more looking to put pressure on the receiver. The advantage of the bomb over a dab though is that it gives the chasers more time, so if it's unlikely we'll be able to pin them in-goal, a high ball is okay so long as you can still get reasonable distance.

Active Now

• Mustafur
  • easybreezy
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.