Broncos - 2015 Discussion

Brett

Brett

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jul 27, 2013
Just watching Broncos Insider and they did a piece on Darius Boyd. He seems to have put on a bit of upper body muscle in his time on the sidelines. They also said he'll be running in the next few weeks.

Battler

Battler

State of Origin Rep
Dec 4, 2013
I thought Andrew mcc played well this round. His service out of dummy half looks like it's improving.

Donny

Donny

NRL Player
Mar 31, 2010
This is my view on how the season has gone so far all be it only three weeks in.

I haven't seen to much change from last year to be honest. A lot of inconsistency so far especially the second half against the Cowboys. We went to sleep and lacked the ruthlessness that a roosters, storm or souths team seem to have. The souths game we were never really in the game. They were far to good. Sharks game we were poor and lacked any attacking flair.

I think to really improve this season Milford, Hunt and Kahu really need to gel in attack. We need to score more points and at least we showed signs of improvement in this area against the cowboys.

The other thing that needs to happen is we need to cut out that poor 20mins a game that seems to have crept in the last few seasons. I can't remember a game that we played for the full 80 and were completely ruthless.

I think if our attack starts to really gel and we start to play for the entire 80mins we will be capable of beating anyone. If that doesn't happen we will be making up the numbers come finals time but probably won't go past the first or second week.

lynx000

lynx000

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jul 28, 2008
All fair observations Donny, but it is only week three, I am hopeful that those things will come as the season develops. We will have a better idea by about round 10 as to whether we are going forwards, backwards or stagnating.

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
And it was apparently disgustingly hot & uncomfortable. Even watching on TV the game seemed to last forever and they were all rooted with 20 to go.

ivanhungryjak

ivanhungryjak

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Sep 8, 2009
And it was apparently disgustingly hot & uncomfortable. Even watching on TV the game seemed to last forever and they were all rooted with 20 to go.
It was a stinker but nothing like the Rabbits game.

ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008

Mate, trying watching it on delay in NSW!

Have to wait for the other game to finish and for Channel Shit to do their post-match MOTM interview, so the Broncos game doesn't get on till about 9:40ish.

First ad came on in the 13th minute, then they came back for all of four minutes and there was another ad. Just constant fucking ads with a bit of footy in between.

Then the game doesn't finish up till around 11:45pm or so. Fucking ridiculous.

Mr Fourex

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Apr 9, 2012
I thought Andrew mcc played well this round. His service out of dummy half looks like it's improving.

Improvement vs improving.

He's done this before and then gone back to being poor/average. For him to be seen as improving he needs to do it consistently over a period of at least 4 weeks, otherwise .....it's just A.Mc being his usual inconsistent self.

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
Improvement vs improving.

He's done this before and then gone back to being poor/average. For him to be seen as improving he needs to do it consistently over a period of at least 4 weeks, otherwise .....it's just A.Mc being his usual inconsistent self.

Well let's hope Bennett is consistent. If he can't see us winning a premiership with McCullough at 9, at some point he'll have a decision to make.

A

Astro

QCup Player
Jun 27, 2014
How much better does Glenn look this year when he's getting some quality ball!?

I use to think reed wasn't as bad as he was made out to be on here and sometimes I think he's a talked about a little harshly but these last few games he really seems to be the weak link on that left side.(13 tackles 1 ineffective and 4 missed)

I'd love to see our left edge to be oates Copley Glenn milf. (Maybe this week if Copley is fit, fingers crossed)

Splinter

Splinter

NRL Player
Feb 16, 2013
Milf slipping outside his man and drawing the defender off Glenn with his speed is going to open up a lot of room for Glenn

Harry Sack

Harry Sack

International Rep
Forum Staff
Jun 12, 2013
How much better does Glenn look this year when he's getting some quality ball!?

I use to think reed wasn't as bad as he was made out to be on here and sometimes I think he's a talked about a little harshly but these last few games he really seems to be the weak link on that left side.(13 tackles 1 ineffective and 4 missed)

I'd love to see our left edge to be oates Copley Glenn milf. (Maybe this week if Copley is fit, fingers crossed)

A few of us were expecting this to happen. Unfortunately it hasn't had the desired flow on effect to my boy Reed. Definitely proving to be the weakest link atm

Porthoz

Porthoz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Feb 27, 2010
I still want to see Glenn iimprove his defense. His missed tackles % is too high.

Rally Towel

Rally Towel

NRL Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2014
Gavet apparently out for the rest of the season. Torn ACL.

Hopefully Garbutt can make the jump up. I don't fancy Joe O is up to full time duties and don't particularly rate Dodds either.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
I've never rated Dodds. Joe is already good enough to be in our week in week out 17.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
Did anyone hear the comments from Tallis last night about the Thaiday contract talks?

"That's not how you treat a club legend."

**** off Tallis. Who gives a **** if he is? Who gives a **** if he played for QLD and Australia? Who gives a **** what he has done in the past?

He is not any good now and he shouldn't be treated different from others. Broncos re-signed Parker because he is not an overweight, lazy shit. He is one of the best forwards in the competition and the best lock in the world.

Rant over.

Unread

Active Now

• Bucking Beads
  • Jedhead
  • kiwibronco
  • ChewThePhatt
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.