Broncos - 2015 Discussion

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
The big thing I want to notice next year is, I don't want to hear a single word about apparent "cliques" within the team. If players can't buy in to a team culture they can leave, regardless of who they are.

Watching the panthers this season you can see how much they all genuinely like and believe in each other. The broncos seem awkward and uneasy next to each other. Very little faith that the guy next to them will do his job.

can not agree more. I dont care if it's corey fucking parker. get with the program or **** off

B

bb_gun

NRL Player
Contributor
Apr 23, 2013
I want to see a proper goal-kicker next year and I never want to see a Broncos' player kick the ball out on the full again. Seriously, how many times did it happen this year?

Let's face it, Parker sucks at conversions and we desperately need a change in that department. I don't care if he's the best we got at the moment, give the job to someone else and let them practice during the entire off-season, they couldn't be any worse. If we convert all our tries on Saturday then we narrow the margin down to 24-18, the Cowboys would have really been shitting bricks then and who knows what could have happened.

noisetheory

noisetheory

NRL Captain
Mar 31, 2008
Seriously, how many times did it happen this year?

i am sorry about that. i was sitting there with my mates watching the game and i had this dreaded feeling he was going to do it, i said 'parker is kicking this one dead fellas', and he sure didnt let me down.

B

bb_gun

NRL Player
Contributor
Apr 23, 2013
i am sorry about that. i was sitting there with my mates watching the game and i had this dreaded feeling he was going to do it, i said 'parker is kicking this one dead fellas', and he sure didnt let me down.

Nah it's water under a bridge mate, consider yourself forgiven :)

Did he almost do it twice in that game? The one where Morgan decided to try and get a hand to it and ended up knocking it dead? I'm sure that looked to be going out on the full too.

B

bazza

NRL Player
Sep 24, 2013
Hopefully Kahu has a spot in the team next year. He was a very handy goal-kicker coming through the grades. If he is fully fit, he'd be a better option than Parker. Same goes for Hunt. He kicked in the NYC, however they'd probably needs more practice as its been a while since they've kicked regularly.

B

Brent81

Made Legal Threat to BHQ
Oct 31, 2012
There is so much more to the scope of being a modern defensive coach than just relating your 1990s reputation for "being a good tackler".

Wrestling and groundwork weren't even invented in Gilly's time.

Don't have to wrestle if your opponent can't get up because he's been winded or been hit with a good shot in the midriff.

Ps, if you hit a guy in the stomach then your likely to hit the lower point of the ball (as most blokes a 'two point carriers' (they expose both points of the ball when they run) you won't get done for stripping if your shoulder hits the ball....I reckon you could force an error every two sets if you made a concerted effort to aim at the midriff and the ball.....

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
What do we predict to happen this off season?

Will Bennett mostly inherit this years roster or will there be mass changes and new signings?

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013

Will Bennett mostly inherit this years roster or will there be mass changes and new signings?

Considering we have virtually no salary cap room, I don't think he'll have a choice.

Hannant won't re-sign, our only signings for next year will be Garbutt, Eden & Milford

S

subsbligh

NRL Captain
Mar 16, 2008

A few late October journey men signings (the "Jon Greens"). Would love a suprise packet like Vidot.

Can't see anyone on this list that desparately fills a hole at the Broncos.

Players Off Contract 2014 ? By Position | NRL | Zero Tackle

Darius Boyd maybe.. If he was prepared to play on the wing. Then again if he comes, and trains and trials better than Barba (and Milford is played at 6) and Hoffman

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Considering we have virtually no salary cap room, I don't think he'll have a choice.

Hannant won't re-sign, our only signings for next year will be Garbutt, Eden & Milford

I wouldn't count out Boyd signing with us soon ... maybe even Packer (depending on the truth of the rumours, NRL registration etc)

I also think Hoffman may leave

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
I wouldn't count out Boyd signing with us soon ...
I also think Hoffman may leave

If we're swapping Hoffman (Doesn't want to play wing) & Hannant (Doesn't want to play on a back-ended deal) for Boyd (Agrees to play wing) & Packer (Plays on a back-ended deal, agrees to not be a complete fuckwit)

I guess that's probably the best we could do in that scenario.. (If Hoff and Hannant leave)

Last edited:
Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
In my ideal world I'd like to keep Hannant and not sign Packer.. I think Hannant has a couple more good years left in him, and he's not a spastic like Packer.

Swapping Hoffman for Boyd is a decent trade for us, as long as Darius wants to play wing, and isn't getting paid overs.

My personal ideal 2015 squad would be.. (I think if Hannant does come around to staying, we'll have to promise him a starting spot in 2015)

Right wing spot would be up for grabs in the trials, I personally think Kahu would be our best option, he showed on the weekend that he knows how to finish a try, just needs some confidence and a full pre-season under his belt without injury imo.

1. Milford
2. Boyd
3. Copley
4. Hodges
5. Vidot vs Kahu vs Reed vs Maranta vs Eden
6. Barba
7. Hunt
8. McGuire
9. McCullough
10. Hannant
11. Glenn
12. Gillett
13. Parker (c)

14. Thaiday
15. Kennedy
16. Garbutt
17. Oates

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
If we're swapping Hoffman (Doesn't want to play wing) & Hannant (Doesn't want to play on a back-ended deal) for Boyd (Agrees to play wing) & Packer (Plays on a back-ended deal, agrees to not be a complete fuckwit)

I guess that's probably the best we could do in that scenario.. (If Hoff and Hannant leave)

I'm ok with Boyd coming if he is happy to play wing ... what worries me is that we will be swapping Hoffman for another guy that thinks wing is beneath him (so he will possibly end up in a spine position)

Danoz Direct

Danoz Direct

NRL Captain
Oct 12, 2013
In my ideal world I'd like to keep Hannant and not sign Packer.. I think Hannant has a couple more good years left in him, and he's not a spastic like Packer.

Swapping Hoffman for Boyd is a decent trade for us, as long as Darius wants to play wing, and isn't getting paid overs.

Realistically the only position Boyd would play in 2015 are in the spine or at centre.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Realistically the only position Boyd would play in 2015 are in the spine or at centre.

I don't know how Bennett could possibly put him at center ... Copley just has to be our left center next year. and i don't see Hodges being moved either.

Danoz Direct

Danoz Direct

NRL Captain
Oct 12, 2013
I don't know how Bennett could possibly put him at center ... Copley just has to be our left center next year. and i don't see Hodges being moved either.

Yeah I see what you mean, there have been some rumours suggesting that Bennett was thinking about putting Boyd at centre and Hodges at fullback.

mitch222

mitch222

State of Origin Captain
Apr 4, 2014
Swapping Darius for Hoffman would be gold for us. Darius is still a class player whereas Hoffman carries on like a school child if he isn't picked at fullback. Boyd will play anywhere Bennett puts him at the Broncos.

Unread

Active Now

• Mustafur
  • Lozza
  • Financeguy
  • Organix
  • Allo
  • Battler
  • Brocko
  • eazy-duzzit
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.