Broncos - 2015 Discussion

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...rops-the-wrestle/story-fniabm4i-1227306747637

**** YEAH ...

enough of this "cuddling" as Bennett called it, but i think the technical term is wrestling. I hate that shit.

Lets just hit our opposition and hit them hard ... Old school defence FTW.

I just wish the rest of the league thought the same way. But as history has shown that if a team does something well enough, the rest of the league will follow. The roosters did it with "gang tackles" the Storm did it with wrestling moves.

So lets do it. Lets show the league how effective old school defence can be ... In fact thats not enough, i want the opposition's hearts to be filled with dread when they see our name coming up on the fixtures list.
There needs to be a reward for those type of tackles.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...rops-the-wrestle/story-fniabm4i-1227306747637

**** YEAH ...

enough of this "cuddling" as Bennett called it, but i think the technical term is wrestling. I hate that shit.

Lets just hit our opposition and hit them hard ... Old school defence FTW.

I just wish the rest of the league thought the same way. But as history has shown that if a team does something well enough, the rest of the league will follow. The roosters did it with "gang tackles" the Storm did it with wrestling moves.

So lets do it. Lets show the league how effective old school defence can be ... In fact thats not enough, i want the opposition's hearts to be filled with dread when they see our name coming up on the fixtures list.

Oustanding use of those stats!

Let's have a quick look at our season so far.

We are 1st going into round 9 and not lost against dragons due to missed conversions.

We're still waiting on Boyd's return and a lot of our combinations are still see developing. We've also dealt with a lot f injuries and team shuffling.

No other team in the comp would be seen as a guaranteed loss at the moment which is something I haven't felt for a few seasons.

I do expect a dip at some point due to origin but so far this has been the best season we've had in a while.

It's still early but Wayne has had a great start to his return. Regardless of how you feel about him as our coach or his line up decisions.

Shades of 2011? 7 from 8 to start the season, only loss a two pointer to the Cows.
We were in it up to our eyeballs until the dreaded Beale/Locky incident.

I'm loving the fact that we're winning despite players still playing poorly.

Last year, well the last couple, we'd have to have every player performing at their peak, and for 80 minutes, because all it would take is one error or poor read and the opposition would snatch victory. It was so hard to score points, the stars had to align, but again, the opposition would score points out of nowhere and seemingly little effort.

This year, it's been the complete opposite. We've been playing some dreadful football, yet we've hung in during games and then won them via a Milford 90 metre run, or a Hunt show-and-go.

It's kind of weird. It feels like each individual player is not really playing any different to last year. Thaiday excluded. Hodges has lost more speed. Hunt has been quiet in some games. Milford has shown glimpses, but stats don't show half-chances so I would suspect he'd be not that far ahead of what Barba or Hoffman would have been last year. Hell, Maranta has been our rock. It says to me one of two things - either every other team has severely declined, or Bennett really is a magician. I'm probably leaning towards a 30:70 split.

Does anyone else think we should be chasing a replacement for next year for Hodges like James Roberts or is everyone happy with Kahu to be Hodges replacement in the future?

Does anyone else think we should be chasing a replacement for next year for Hodges like James Roberts or is everyone happy with Kahu to be Hodges replacement in the future?

Hodges is still running around next year for us isn't he? Barring injuries of course.

I'd be happy to give Kahu or another player already at the club a go before signing for the sake of it.

On James Roberts, fast elusive player that he is, he is still one off field issue from being a 'remember him' type player.

Sorry if this has been asked before, who has watched Jayden Nikorima play? Does he look as promising as Kodi?

Extremely happy with Kahu.

Roberts has awesome speed but I don't really feel like it's worth our while to chase him given his off field issues. If speed is what you're after there's two genuinely quick players off contract this year we could chase as wingers (Mamo & Fisiiahi).

Once Hodges retires, Kahu and Copley should be our center pairing

Sorry if this has been asked before, who has watched Jayden Nikorima play? Does he look as promising as Kodi?

He's a very similar player to Kodi but with a better skill-set.

In particular, his kicking game is unreal. The way he's able to get back-spin on the ball makes it look like he's splicing it and it puts the back three under so much pressure.

He's still developing his game in the NYC but I wouldn't be surprised to see him debut sometime next year and win fans over right off the bat.

Cheers fellas. Lets hope we can keep them both.

As long as we keep Ash Taylor. He looked great on the weekend. Also Paul Byrnes and Pearson i think his name is. Left Winger. Both looked the goods!

Not seen Jayden Nikorima him play so I'll accept opinions of him as being skillful but is he a centre?. At only 82kg and 174cms how is he going to handle the big units coming through like Waqa Blake (only 21 years old) who is 93kg and 190cms and runs like a young Greg Inglis and will be a star of the game in the very near future?

Where are the Broncos big young and athletic backs?

Last edited:

Active Now

• Sproj
  • Footy Fanatic
  • Thelmus
  • Jedhead
  • Big Del
  • theshed
  • Dash
  • Skyblues87
  • TonyTheJugoslav
  • Foordy
  • Midean
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.