Broncos 2020 Squad

Good for you quoting the fucked up media that should never be believed. Like I said, don’t speak in absolutes and you won’t be chastised.

I don't know how else to spell it out for you, I didn't speak in absolutes. This was my original post -

I think they want him at Five-Eighth next to Morgan. I'd say he's unavailable, but Clifford could probably be had.

I think they want him at Five-Eighth is not an absolute statement. The part you quoted and continually misinterpret was my response to lynx after I thought he misread my post, so was clarifying what I originally said. Which was cleared up two posts later.

I've been told that Jonathan Reuben is at Broncos on a train and trial deal. He's really good. I like him.

I had to play the video to see where that still frame was leading to. I'm all for LGBTQ inclusiveness but there's a time and place for everything.

I don't know how else to spell it out for you, I didn't speak in absolutes. This was my original post -

I think they want him at Five-Eighth is not an absolute statement. The part you quoted and continually misinterpret was my response to lynx after I thought he misread my post, so was clarifying what I originally said. Which was cleared up two posts later.

Cows have definitely had the conversation with him about moving to 6.

Carroll backs Broncos of the future
broncos.com.au
Fri 22 Nov 2019, 10:39 AM

Brisbane and Queensland Origin great Tonie Carroll has backed the Broncos to have a big year in 2020 under Anthony Seibold.

Carroll played for the Broncos' legends team at last weekend's tournament in Newcastle.

He was one of the hardest tacklers to ever wear a Broncos' jersey, in a career that spanned 218 games between 1996 and 2009.

And the four-time premiership winner said he had great hopes for next season.

"A lot of people are writing off the Broncos but they are a team that fight," Carroll told NRL.com.

"They have a great coach in 'Seibs' (Seibold) and a great support staff and coaching around them.

"I think they will really put it to them next year."

Carroll said the team was clearly on the up with the young superstars they had already unearthed.

He said players like Payne Haas and David Fifita were at least five years away from playing their best football.

That bodes well for the future, said Carroll.

"You look at Fifita and Haas," he said.

"They are two massive guys that have all the talent about them.

"They are going to start growing, and at age 25 or 27 they are going to be playing their best footy, so it is ahead of them.

"If the Broncos retain those types of players they are in great stead for the future."

Source: https://www.broncos.com.au/news/201...2XUvHhMtlNH458dtWCzPppb036zJO7iMg-wE3D6-xsivo

These are the sort of quotes you want to see from your ex-legends, on ya Tunz.

So who replaces Boyd, Kahu, Kennar, McCullough and possibly in our top 30 in 2021? The options are pretty thin as far as off contract players go but we all know that means nothing.

Farnworth, Fifita, Flegler, Staggs and Turpin will earn upgrades, but we will still have a fair bit of money to play with. Who would you guys aim for?

So who replaces Boyd, Kahu, Kennar, McCullough and possibly in our top 30 in 2021? The options are pretty thin as far as off contract players go but we all know that means nothing.

Farnworth, Fifita, Flegler, Staggs and Turpin will earn upgrades, but we will still have a fair bit of money to play with. Who would you guys aim for?
The obvious concern will be finding a Fullback if Isaako fails to really kick on in that role. Niu will have another year under his belt, and you'd like to think they were keeping an eye on Ponga who comes off contract for 2022 as well.

We may also need another Centre if we don't re-sign Bird, which is probably a 50/50 chance of happening as it stands, but there is Coates and Arthurs already on the books who may well have their sights set on that role.

Turpin looks safe now, but outside of that we have virtually no depth at Dummy Half, so we'll need to address that with a signing or in-house promotion.

Outside of that, it's hard to see us needing to go to market for much else at this stage.

Last edited:
The obvious concern will be finding a Fullback if Isaako fails to really kick on in that role. Niu will have another year under his belt, and you'd like to think they were keeping an eye on Ponga who comes off contract for 2022 as well.

We may also need another Centre if we don't re-sign Bird, which is probably a 50/50 chance of happening as it stands, but there is Coates and Arthurs already on the books who may well have their sights set on that role.

Turpin looks safe now, but outside of that we have virtually no depth at Dummy Half, so we'll need to address that with a signing or in-house promotion.

Outside of that, it's hard to see us needing to go to market for much else at this stage.
I wouldn’t mind Staggs getting a shot at fullback. He’s a good athlete and tough competitor. Seems like a real football player who wants to be involved and could make a long term go at it. It’s easier to find centres to replace him than a genuine top class fullback.

I wouldn’t mind Staggs getting a shot at fullback. He’s a good athlete and tough competitor. Seems like a real football player who wants to be involved and could make a long term go at it. It’s easier to find centres to replace him than a genuine top class fullback.

Agree 100%. Either Staggs or maybe Bird if he stays. For mine our 2 best choices for this critical position.

Last edited:

I dunno how he'd go there, but as long as he has the fitness and the willingness to pass, I'd be all for seeing it.

Active Now

• TimWhatley
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Johnny92
  • FACTHUNT
  • Fitzy
  • bazza
  • GCBRONCO
  • Volvo Driver
  • Mick_Hancock
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Wolfie
  • NSW stables
  • Mr Fourex
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Bucking Beads
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.