RUMOUR Broncos After Ivan And Nathan Clearly Report

Forget Cleary, go with his understudy - Luai.

I'd like to see a bit more of him first ... but i understand he is off contract at seasons end, so i would definitely be making some enquiries ...

I didn't catch the whole game, how was his kicking?

I'd like to see a bit more of him first ... but i understand he is off contract at seasons end, so i would definitely be making some enquiries ...

I didn’t see any of the game, but I’m going to go out on a limb and say better than Nikorima’s.

Ivan cleary is a brilliant re-building coach... problem is, we dont need a rebuilding. We have an unbelieveable squad going into the future if we keep it together and milford is improving his game management. We are also a 2-6 level team consistently every single year... cleary has won zero premierships. Im not saying he is a bad coach, but he is completly un-tested at a club like ours. Is he the type to take a good team and make them great? Thats bennetts specialty and even he hasnt got us a premiership lately. I know he is the best option at the moment but why do we actually need an option at the moment. Sure bennett may have health issues all of a sudden but hes pretty damn fit for his age, and any coach could get hit by a bus or have a heart attack the next day.

Bennett wants to sign for 2 more years and it perfectly matches with bellamy and green contracts whilst demetriou will continue to learn. 3 very viable options... btw, anyone else think it may be a bit more then a coincidence that bennett has said he wants 2 more years and our 2 previous “targets” also time their contracts for that year? May have been the managers, or bennett had a word to those coaches, or even possibly the broncos had a quiet word to the them...

He looked pretty smart with his kicking actually. Think it was Locky said in commentary apparently he was more highly rated at Penrith than Cleary.

I'm not hyperbolizing when I say there was nothing in his game that didn't look good. He tackled as effectively as most small halves but other than that, his kicking was great, running was sublime, pass selection brilliant and he goal kicks just for something a bit extra. Broncs need to chase this kid, he is the goods, I've never been more impressed in a one off performance like that and I've seen some good ones over the years.

The Warriors were at full strength and while granted, Hiku was defending ala Cartwright but the Panthers attack just looked like they were playing with seasoned halves, didn't miss Cleary or Maloney at all, in fact, looked even better.

I'm not hyperbolizing when I say there was nothing in his game that didn't look good. He tackled as effectively as most small halves but other than that, his kicking was great, running was sublime, pass selection brilliant and he goal kicks just for something a bit extra. Broncs need to chase this kid, he is the goods, I've never been more impressed in a one off performance like that and I've seen some good ones over the years.

The Warriors were at full strength and while granted, Hiku was defending ala Cartwright but the Panthers attack just looked like they were playing with seasoned halves, didn't miss Cleary or Maloney at all, in fact, looked even better.

well in that case ... Bennett better pick up the phone.

although, if I was the kids manager, I would be making a call to the Broncos, knowing how strong the Panthers halves are and how weak the Broncos halfback is

He certainly looks the goods, but I have seen more players look fantastic in a 1 off game where everything went their way.
Almost everything he touched turned to gold last night, but his team was continuously over the advantage line and ran 800 meters more than the Warriors, who were diabolical.
I mean, an in form Milford would probably have scored 4 tries on his own against that rabble, and I wonder whether Nikorima wouldn't have looked as good (except for goal kicking), because Luai really did not have to do much kicking or game control...

I prefer to judge a player by multiple games, and see what they're capable off when they're not carried by their team. It's the first time I saw the kid play and I definitely liked what I saw, but I'd rather see more before I jump on the bandwagon.

He certainly looks the goods, but I have seen more players look fantastic in a 1 off game where everything went their way.
Almost everything he touched turned to gold last night, but his team was continuously over the advantage line and ran 800 meters more than the Warriors, who were diabolical.
I mean, an in form Milford would probably have scored 4 tries on his own against that rabble, and I wonder whether Nikorima wouldn't have looked as good (except for goal kicking), because Luai really did not have to do much kicking or game control...

I prefer to judge a player by multiple games, and see what they're capable off when they're not carried by their team. It's the first time I saw the kid play and I definitely liked what I saw, but I'd rather see more before I jump on the bandwagon.

Yeah I’m getting carried away after one game for sure and wouldn’t be throwing the cheque book at him but I’d certainly be throwing an offer at him that’s reasonable.

Like you said, it was a one off but I saw him earlier in the year against Newcastle (I know, not elite opposition by any means) but he looked pretty much just as good.

Certainly better be some enquiries happening at the very least.

Last edited:
well in that case ... Bennett better pick up the phone.

although, if I was the kids manager, I would be making a call to the Broncos, knowing how strong the Panthers halves are and how weak the Broncos halfback is

He's contracted until the end of next seaso?

Last edited:
Cmon, surely the Panthers or storm do their young halves a favour and release them for a FG opportunity!

No chance with Cleary off-contract at the end of next year also and Maloney 32 years old.

So panthers sacked their coach and Bennett is a possible target and he has said he is open to moving. Now is the time to offer the Clearys the jobs and get them to the club next year.

If Ivan Cleary goes back to the Panthers I have zero respect for him or his son. Gus spat him out and fired him 3 years ago. If he goes back there now, what an absolute spud of a human.

So panthers sacked their coach and Bennett is a possible target and he has said he is open to moving. Now is the time to offer the Clearys the jobs and get them to the club next year.

both are under contract and neither will be granted a release

Contracts mean absolute dick now days.

people keep saying this, but it is simply not true legally ...

it is only if both parties agree to a release ...

in this case the Tigers have already stated that they will not be releasing Ivan ...

and you can be damn sure that the Panthers will not release Nathan, he would only leave the Panthers to where his father is coaching anyway (which will be the Tigers for the next 2 years)

Last edited:

in this case the Tigers have already stated that they will not be releasing Ivan ...

and you can be damn sure that the Panthers will not release Nathan, he would only leave the Panthers to where his father is coaching anyway (which will be the Tigers for the next 2 years)

Well you can believe that but I won’t.

Legally, yeah, and in a court of law of course it’ll be upheld. But if the desire to leave is there, and it’s obvious that there is no way they’re hanging around long term, no club will want to hang on to a player or coach who simply does not want to be there. And will likely just drag the club down further if they’re only there under legal obligation.

Active Now

• Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Mustafur
  • Broncosgirl
  • Broncorob
  • KateBroncos1812
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.