Broncos Announce Hodges & Parker as Co-Captains

Re: Bronco's Media Conference today at 10.15

My mate tells me it is to announce Hook is standing down for family reasons...

Edit: Never mind. Just read the Thaiday article. Dunno what my mate is on about.

Last edited:

Parker to captain the side with Hodges possibly to co-captain.

If true, it's a step in the right direction leadership wise.

Question being ... how will Thaiday handle the news ??

From what I have heard whispered around is Corey Captian and Hodgo VC. could all be BS and just to tell us JYY is back. time will tell.

That's awesome. I wanted it that way from the start. Any news links?

pete badel from the telegraph is reporting it.

good news.

this also means thaiday can be benched when he's going shit. he should never of been playing 70 minutes a game anyway

I always wanted Parker as captain, hodges form and leadership warrants a role however to sack a captain not sure how I feel about it. I hope this doesnt lead to a headline 'Thaiday asks to leave to return to north queensland' over next few months

word is hes fighting the change... might not be good for team relationships down the track.

Holy shit, good change.
Can only hope this will motivate Thaiday to perform better and not sulk about it throughout the season..

word is hes fighting the change... might not be good for team relationships down the track.

thats what badel wrote on twitter, but his article suggests he wanted to stay on but accepts the decision by hook

I always wanted Parker as captain, hodges form and leadership warrants a role however to sack a captain not sure how I feel about it. I hope this doesnt lead to a headline 'Thaiday asks to leave to return to north queensland' over next few months

That wouldn't be the worst thing in the world, considering his form & the fact that he'd have to be our highest paid player. But without the captaincy he just has to worry about his own game, which might be what he needs to perform.

i think this will be good for thaiday, honestly.

parker will relish being the captain. he basically acted that way for most of last season anyway.

hopefully thaidays minutes can be dropped back to 55-60 so he's more effective when on the field.

Confirmed on the Broncs website

UFO spotted in Jimboomba.

A Jimboomba man has been charged with arson after setting fire to his neighbours house.

Active Now

• Rambstien
  • Harry Sack
  • pennywisealfie
  • theshed
  • Bish
  • Culhwch
  • Fatboy
  • LGH
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Wolfie
  • Cavalo
  • Mr Fourex
  • Ozired
  • Gaz
  • lynx000
  • Bucking Beads
  • Fitzy
  • jd87
... and 7 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.