OPINION Broncos are winning the 2023 NRL Premiership

I'll hold off on the storm until I see a few more games with Munster, Harry and Hughes all playing.

Munster has played 2 games for 2 wins so far... he's vital to their success and basically drags the team along with him.

I'll hold off on the storm until I see a few more games with Munster, Harry and Hughes all playing.

Munster has played 2 games for 2 wins so far... he's vital to their success and basically drags the team along with him.

Yeah. Chicken Little has told me all about the sky falling for years now - I'll believe it when they miss the 8.

Hopefully in the same season we start beating them, just for the sake of poetry and such...

5-0!!! It's happening!!!!

Tumblr mb8pouBvMb1qhigt0o1 500

Number time!

Round 5 (2023)
Ladder: 1st
Wins: 5
Losses: 0
P+/-: 75

Round 5 (2022)
Ladder: 12th
Wins: 2
Losses: 3
P+/-: -31

Round 5 (2015)
Ladder: 2nd
Wins: 4
Losses: 1
P+/-: 18

Round 5 (2006)
Ladder: 7th
Wins: 3
Losses: 2
P+/-: -4

Number time!

Round 5 (2023)
Ladder: 1st
Wins: 5
Losses: 0
P+/-: 75

Round 5 (2022)
Ladder: 12th
Wins: 2
Losses: 3
P+/-: -31

Round 5 (2015)
Ladder: 2nd
Wins: 4
Losses: 1
P+/-: 18

Round 5 (2006)
Ladder: 7th
Wins: 3
Losses: 2
P+/-: -4

And 1998?

From this week's Fox Sports power rankings. Essentially we're the perfect team, and no one can beat us.

1. BRONCOS

Last week’s rank: 1st (no movement)

Analysis: Last year a clash against the last placed Tigers proved a banana peel for the Broncos, but the 2023 team look to have a ruthless edge as they showed in their 46-12 win in Round 5. The Broncos have now won five straight games to start the season for the first time since 1998 when they beat the Bulldogs in the grand final and they are looking like a similar sort of juggernaut this year. Adam Reynolds is arguably in career best form and is driving the team around with ease, as every man looks to be doing their job to a T. Reece Walsh looks like being one of the buys of the year and is a real chance to debut for the Maroons at some point this year. With Origin stars like Payne Haas setting the platform up front, players like Jordan Riki are shining in their roles and the Broncos don’t appear to have any major weaknesses across the park. With the Raiders, Titans and Eels in the next three weeks, the Broncos could be undefeated at 8-0 and while there are bigger battles ahead in a long season, Kevin Walters’ side are a genuine premiership contender.

If I'm honest this Broncos hype train is accelerating a little too quickly for my liking, I would prefer it if we were somewhat flying under the radar a little.

Our defence has been good generally but our ball handling and control has been poor at times.

If I'm honest this Broncos hype train is accelerating a little too quickly for my liking, I would prefer it if we were somewhat flying under the radar a little.

Our defence has been good generally but our ball handling and control has been poor at times.

We have played a lot of wet weather/choppy field games though.

When you win 5 games in a row to start the season it tends to happen, that said 5 games in a row in the middle of the season isn't anything overly special, we did more then that last year.

I would say we faced 3 really good teams in this streak though(Penrith, Cowboys and Dolphins till they deflated).

Our real test now is how we react after a loss, I kinda expect us to lose to someone we shouldn't soon and how we play the game after is what will tell me about how we are really going this year.

That said if we just keep winning I think you get your answer on that, Our team will still be solid because Reyno will never be picked and Mam very unlikely as well we should be still a decent team in the Origin period with the likely Walsh, Cobbo, Capewell and our 3 Star middle forwards out.

Staggs has no hope of being picked if Turbo and Latrell are fit, and I doubt Oates will be picked by Billy with a game or two at most before it starts to go by.

Yea past years have scared us into not enjoying the wins too much. But we're going all the way and undefeated this year, so enjoy the ride (and hype)!

When you win 5 games in a row to start the season it tends to happen, that said 5 games in a row in the middle of the season isn't anything overly special, we did more then that last year.

I would say we faced 3 really good teams in this streak though(Penrith, Cowboys and Dolphins till they deflated).

Our real test now is how we react after a loss, I kinda expect us to lose to someone we shouldn't soon and how we play the game after is what will tell me about how we are really going this year.

That said if we just keep winning I think you get your answer on that, Our team will still be solid because Reyno will never be picked and Mam very unlikely as well we should be still a decent team in the Origin period with the likely Walsh, Cobbo, Capewell and our 3 Star middle forwards out.

Staggs has no hope of being picked if Turbo and Latrell are fit, and I doubt Oates will be picked by Billy with a game or two at most before it starts to go by.
The games against the Warriors and Sharks will be the biggest test for us. It's during origin (I don't think they'll have that many players out), away games, and they both come off byes.

Unread

Active Now

• pennywisealfie
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • MrRobot
  • Mustafur
  • kman
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.