OPINION Broncos are winning the 2023 NRL Premiership

From this week's Fox Sports power rankings. Essentially we're the perfect team, and no one can beat us.

1. BRONCOS

Last week’s rank: 1st (no movement)

Analysis: Last year a clash against the last placed Tigers proved a banana peel for the Broncos, but the 2023 team look to have a ruthless edge as they showed in their 46-12 win in Round 5. The Broncos have now won five straight games to start the season for the first time since 1998 when they beat the Bulldogs in the grand final and they are looking like a similar sort of juggernaut this year. Adam Reynolds is arguably in career best form and is driving the team around with ease, as every man looks to be doing their job to a T. Reece Walsh looks like being one of the buys of the year and is a real chance to debut for the Maroons at some point this year. With Origin stars like Payne Haas setting the platform up front, players like Jordan Riki are shining in their roles and the Broncos don’t appear to have any major weaknesses across the park. With the Raiders, Titans and Eels in the next three weeks, the Broncos could be undefeated at 8-0 and while there are bigger battles ahead in a long season, Kevin Walters’ side are a genuine premiership contender.
Last year a clash against the last placed Tigers proved a banana peel for the Broncos,

This line caught me off guard and made me laugh

Here is a fun fact.

We've scored 26 tries this year (the most in the NRL) ... and of those tries 9 of them have been scored from over 50m (also the most in the league)
We seem to attack so much better outside the opposition 10-20. We seem to get a bit confused when we get too close to their line. Should just give it to Hass at the 10.

We seem to attack so much better outside the opposition 10-20. We seem to get a bit confused when we get too close to their line. Should just give it to Hass at the 10.
I'm sure one of the players mentioned that last weekend, and he said it was something they are trying to improve on. It might have been Riki

Yeah it would be interesting to see the stats but you’d have to imagine most our tries inside the 20 are grubbers to the 2nd row/centre

Kevvie said before the start of the season that making the finals wasn't enough, he wants a premiership this year.

Kevvie said before the start of the season that making the finals wasn't enough, he wants a premiership this year.
Kevvies a winner. Aim to be the best and nothing less. If your not playing every year to win the whole thing there's no point.

Just putting it out there that the Broncos 1998 team got smashed in round 6.

Round 6 (2023)
Ladder: 1st
Wins: 5
Losses: 1
P+/-: 69

Round 6 (1998)
Ladder: 1st
Wins: 5
Losses: 1
P+/-: 84

Warriors doing us a solid by losing. Still top of the ladder!

Warriors doing us a solid by losing. Still top of the ladder!

Well we still would have been on top of the ladder. Warriors had to beat Knights by 52 to overtake us.

I think we're starting to see a pecking order. My top three are:

Storm
Panthers
Broncos

I can't get a read on anyone else, but I'm starting to believe the Dolphins can make the 8.

I think we're starting to see a pecking order. My top three are:

Storm
Panthers
Broncos

I can't get a read on anyone else, but I'm starting to believe the Dolphins can make the 8.
A fit Roosters slides above Broncos, until we can learn how to complete a set.

We’ve been winning without playing anything close to our best. The Panthers are clicking though now and they are the clear number 1. The Storm have stepped up also. I think they are your lead top two right now. I also don’t think the Roosters even fully fit are as good as everyone says. This doesn’t mean they aren’t top 4, I just don’t think they have in them what the Panthers, Storm and we do. That’s just my opinion. We are POTENTIALLY the challenger to Penrith but not if we don’t start respecting the ball and complete sets and that is the question mark in my mind that puts us below Penrith and Melbourne at the moment. To me, May 11 is the most important game coming up.

We’ve been winning without playing anything close to our best. The Panthers are clicking though now and they are the clear number 1. The Storm have stepped up also. I think they are your lead top two right now. I also don’t think the Roosters even fully fit are as good as everyone says. This doesn’t mean they aren’t top 4, I just don’t think they have in them what the Panthers, Storm and we do. That’s just my opinion. We are POTENTIALLY the challenger to Penrith but not if we don’t let go respect the hall and complete sets and that is the question mark in my mind that puts us below Penrith and Melbourne at the moment. To me, May 11 is the most important game coming up.

The good teams have had a reality check so far this year (Panthers, Storm as you said) - hopefully we are having ours now and get back to what was working to start with.

Active Now

• Dash
  • Bongo
  • Financeguy
  • Mr Fourex
  • Sproj
  • Broncosgirl
  • GCBRONCO
  • The True King
  • MrTickyMcG
  • MrMoore
  • Wolfie
  • bert_lifts
  • FACTHUNT
  • broncsgoat
  • kiwibronco
  • Foordy
  • Fitzy
  • Lurker
  • Waynesaurus
  • Morepudding
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.