OPINION Broncos are winning the 2023 NRL Premiership

ChewThePhatt

ChewThePhatt

NRL Player
Contributor
Dec 28, 2015
Just watched the Eels game again.

Our supports in play are absolutely fucking astounding. 3 to 7 (7 ffs!) players backing up in support on almost every opportunity.

Wow.

Our wingers are monsters, I love you guys.

Forward pack, best in the league.
Dont argue, They are.

1,6,7,9. Yep, even the 9. We've got shit covered from front to back.

Centre's & second rowers
Yeah, nuff said.

So much to improve on & so much improvement left in our squad.

I believe in @Santa again.

We are the real deal this year.

LittleDavey

LittleDavey

NRL Captain
Mar 25, 2013
Yeah I just watched the second half again as it was interrupted for me lastnight. This team is genuinely good. To not let the Eels get back into the fight, really...that was a hell of an effort. So now we have beaten both of last years' grand finalists, as well as the Cows who finished the regular season 3rd. It's hard not to get excited.

Really impressed with the completions lastnight as well, I've been very vocal and critical on here about a lack of respect for the footy, but lastnight shows they can play disciplined footy as well. Very, very impressive. And we're still yet to put 80 minutes together as well...the sky is the limit for this team.

Santa

Santa

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jun 30, 2020
Just watched the Eels game again.

Our supports in play are absolutely fucking astounding. 3 to 7 (7 ffs!) players backing up in support on almost every opportunity.

Wow.

Our wingers are monsters, I love you guys.

Forward pack, best in the league.
Dont argue, They are.

1,6,7,9. Yep, even the 9. We've got shit covered from front to back.

Centre's & second rowers
Yeah, nuff said.

So much to improve on & so much improvement left in our squad.

I believe in @Santa again.

We are the real deal this year.

Yeah I just watched the second half again as it was interrupted for me lastnight. This team is genuinely good. To not let the Eels get back into the fight, really...that was a hell of an effort. So now we have beaten both of last years' grand finalists, as well as the Cows who finished the regular season 3rd. It's hard not to get excited.

Really impressed with the completions lastnight as well, I've been very vocal and critical on here about a lack of respect for the footy, but lastnight shows they can play disciplined footy as well. Very, very impressive. And we're still yet to put 80 minutes together as well...the sky is the limit for this team.
Glad everyone is back on board the Broncos to win the premiership train!

And to help keep the positive vibes going, look how much better we are compared to last year:

Round 8 (2023)
Ladder: 1st
Wins: 7
Losses: 1
P+/-: 96

Round 8 (2022)
Ladder: 9th
Wins: 4
Losses: 4
P+/-: -30

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
We are already FOUR games + percentage inside the top 8.

BroncosFever

BroncosFever

State of Origin Rep
Jun 6, 2014
It's going to come down to injuries and suspensions and past those 2 significant factors it's going to be about Kevvie having them prepared to play as good as we did in the first half against Parra.. every week.

Skathen

Skathen

NRL Player
Contributor
Feb 25, 2015
HUGE 2 months coming up for us! Have to dominate some of these teams if we are to go all the way.

But if we can get through it, 3 byes in the last 11 rounds will be great on our run to the finals.

Round 8: Eels (while they've been losing, they haven't been smashed. They also have been scoring a lot of points, and they have put big scores in us in the past).
Round 9: Souths (overrated. We should beat them at home).
Round 10: Manly (kill Turbo early and we should be good).
Round 11: Storm (we all know the history).
Round 12: Penrith (will want revenge on us).
Round 13: Warriors (orgin affected, and off their bye).
Round 14: Sharks (orgin affected, and off their bye).
Round 15: Knights (are suddenly a good team lol).
This got even rougher over the last few weeks

We are now playing every single team placed 2nd through 7th over the next 6 weeks.

Our draw is heinous.

I

Inside pass

BRL Player
Aug 22, 2021
I just couldn't find a game where we would realistically lose...
Try this Friday night against the Bunnies…will be very tough with 3 big names out…still things went our way over last round .so have a 3 point buffer and can drop one game and still stay on top ..The fore / against has also helped with some close results ..now have a 20 point lead over Panthers so if we do go down to Bunnies ,let’s not see a blowout as +/- could be critical come end season.

Santa

Santa

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jun 30, 2020
Try this Friday night against the Bunnies…will be very tough with 3 big names out…still things went our way over last round .so have a 3 point buffer and can drop one game and still stay on top ..The fore / against has also helped with some close results ..now have a 20 point lead over Panthers so if we do go down to Bunnies ,let’s not see a blowout as +/- could be critical come end season.
I think we can still beat Souths. We still have points in us (Reynolds, Walsh, Staggs, etc), just need to defend well on our line (assume we will be playing a bit more in our half without Oates and Hass's meters).

Santa

Santa

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jun 30, 2020
This got even rougher over the last few weeks

We are now playing every single team placed 2nd through 7th over the next 6 weeks.

Our draw is heinous.
Gotta beat to the best to be the best!

Skathen

Skathen

NRL Player
Contributor
Feb 25, 2015
Ignoring differential, we are only 4 points (2 wins) more than the Roosters at 9th. There are 7 teams tied at 10 points. 2 losses will bring us right back into the pack, especially if we cop a flogging.
Spot on,

Due to the Byes giving points - something I completely disagree with - this is the most important column:

Followed by Differential.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Ignoring differential, we are only 4 points (2 wins) more than the Roosters at 9th. There are 7 teams tied at 10 points. 2 losses will bring us right back into the pack, especially if we cop a flogging.

In fairness, I said it half way through the round hehe

The True King

The True King

NRL Player
Apr 6, 2018
Eager to see how we perform without Haas. He and Carrigan are the lynchpins of our pack and a large reason we dominate the middle every week.

Ideally both will be fit and available come finals but I think this weekend will give us a real indication as to if we're any sort of premiership chance if one is to go down.

Losing wont be the end of the world given our guys out but its important we put in a performance.

Santa

Santa

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jun 30, 2020
Eager to see how we perform without Haas. He and Carrigan are the lynchpins of our pack and a large reason we dominate the middle every week.

Ideally both will be fit and available come finals but I think this weekend will give us a real indication as to if we're any sort of premiership chance if one is to go down.

Losing wont be the end of the world given our guys out but its important we put in a performance.
From memory, last time we were missing Hass our forwards all stepped up, so hopefully they do so again. Sux that it's against Souths, but at least him and Mam will be fresh for the Manly, Melbourne and Penrith run.

john1420

john1420

It's Bronco Time
Contributor
Aug 27, 2008
Spot on,

Due to the Byes giving points - something I completely disagree with - this is the most important column:
View attachment 21994
Followed by Differential.
I disagree, the byes and the 2 free points simply distorts the ladder no matter how you look at it.

The L column is no more important than the W column really, and you just have to read the table carefully and with a bit of nuance. Just look at Manly with 4 wins and a draw, sitting 2 spots higher than the Rabbits who have 5 wins. It's just distorted.

Yes we are only 2 losses less than the Rorters, but we have 3 more wins than they do. When we get the bye and they play, maybe they win maybe they don't, but we definitely get the 2 points that week, so it's not accurate to say 1 column is more important than the other.

But regardless of which way you jump or how you interpret it, it's still very fair to say it's a bloody tight competition, and it won't take much for a lower team to make a surge, or a high team to quickly fall.

I

Inside pass

BRL Player
Aug 22, 2021
I think we can still beat Souths. We still have points in us (Reynolds, Walsh, Staggs, etc), just need to defend well on our line (assume we will be playing a bit more in our half without Oates and Hass's meters).
Yeh..will be interesting..for sure they will target Cobbo with the high kicks hoping he will let a few bounce as he has a tendency to do ..also number up on him with big hits when bring it back as he also has history of a few loose carries.however he does seem to have learnt to now respect the touch line with no gang carries into touch last few games.

Skathen

Skathen

NRL Player
Contributor
Feb 25, 2015
I disagree, the byes and the 2 free points simply distorts the ladder no matter how you look at it.

The L column is no more important than the W column really, and you just have to read the table carefully and with a bit of nuance. Just look at Manly with 4 wins and a draw, sitting 2 spots higher than the Rabbits who have 5 wins. It's just distorted.

Yes we are only 2 losses less than the Rorters, but we have 3 more wins than they do. When we get the bye and they play, maybe they win maybe they don't, but we definitely get the 2 points that week, so it's not accurate to say 1 column is more important than the other.

But regardless of which way you jump or how you interpret it, it's still very fair to say it's a bloody tight competition, and it won't take much for a lower team to make a surge, or a high team to quickly fall.
Except you're forming that opinion based on teams having fair chances at wins and losses. The area we are concerned with is the top end of the ladder. Therefore - those teams are more than 50% likely to be achieving wins in the weeks we're on a bye. Thus, the L column carries more weight than the Win column in the area of the competition relevant to our concern.

Also from a risk perspective, we need to plan for the scenarios that won't favour us, e.g. those below us winning most weeks.

Active Now

• Broncosarethebest
  • Xarr
  • Sproj
  • Viti
  • RodF
  • Allo
  • bert_lifts
  • KateBroncos1812
  • leon.bott
  • Johnny92
  • the_next
  • broncos4life
  • Fozz
  • Jazza
  • Bucking Beads
  • Justwin
  • Tmac
  • bb_gun
  • winslow_wong
  • Financeguy
... and 21 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.