OPINION Broncos are winning the 2023 NRL Premiership

We’ve been winning without playing anything close to our best. The Panthers are clicking though now and they are the clear number 1. The Storm have stepped up also. I think they are your lead top two right now. I also don’t think the Roosters even fully fit are as good as everyone says. This doesn’t mean they aren’t top 4, I just don’t think they have in them what the Panthers, Storm and we do. That’s just my opinion. We are POTENTIALLY the challenger to Penrith but not if we don’t start respecting the ball and complete sets and that is the question mark in my mind that puts us below Penrith and Melbourne at the moment. To me, May 11 is the most important game coming up.
Melbourne are hopeless without Munster. Penrith are overrated.

Broncos v Dolphins grand final.

I actually don’t think we went away from what had worked at the start. I just think the flaws in our game caught up with us. Plenty of work to do still

Hard running up the middle is what has worked, not going sideways all night.
It’s okay to try scoring every touch for a bit, but if it doesn’t work then try something else. Raiders figured out what we were up to early and correctly assumed we wouldn’t or couldn’t change it up.

It may be flaws in the game catching up but we looked clueless for long periods, as opposed to clunky but confident. Next game I expect to see us attacking up the guts and Reynolds kicking for position/repeats.

Hard running up the middle is what has worked, not going sideways all night.
It’s okay to try scoring every touch for a bit, but if it doesn’t work then try something else. Raiders figured out what we were up to early and correctly assumed we wouldn’t or couldn’t change it up.

It may be flaws in the game catching up but we looked clueless for long periods, as opposed to clunky but confident. Next game I expect to see us attacking up the guts and Reynolds kicking for position/repeats.
Oh I 100% agree with you regarding what we need to do. I just don’t think we’ve really shown a willingness to do it for more than a few brief periods per game all season.

Oh I 100% agree with you regarding what we need to do. I just don’t think we’ve really shown a willingness to do it for more than a few brief periods per game all season.

I was impressed with the resolve in the big games, and still can’t fault the effort but certain things need tweaking for sure. We all know they (Kev, arey etc) know so hopefully this week we see it.

I think it 'clicked' for them in the second half... first set of the half we came out and rolled down the middle for +60m and for the rest of the half you could see a concerted effort to grind out sets, get to the kick and gradually win field position.

Unfortunately we switched off a couple times and let them off the hook i.e. crap kick chase.

We did create some opportunities in the second half though... two tries, Walsh's flick pass instead of going himself and the Rapana drop late in the game that created a try, but even the knock on call from kick pressure gives us great field position late in the game.

We created a number of opportunities by just being in the grind showing that it works... so hopefully they have learned a lesson from this loss and we embrace it moving forward.

It took the panthers a couple years, but their entire gameplan nowadays is just grinding teams into the dirt until they collapse.

I think it 'clicked' for them in the second half... first set of the half we came out and rolled down the middle for +60m and for the rest of the half you could see a concerted effort to grind out sets, get to the kick and gradually win field position.

Unfortunately we switched off a couple times and let them off the hook i.e. crap kick chase.

We did create some opportunities in the second half though... two tries, Walsh's flick pass instead of going himself and the Rapana drop late in the game that created a try, but even the knock on call from kick pressure gives us great field position late in the game.

We created a number of opportunities by just being in the grind showing that it works... so hopefully they have learned a lesson from this loss and we embrace it moving forward.

It took the panthers a couple years, but their entire gameplan nowadays is just grinding teams into the dirt until they collapse.

Apart from trying to score every first tackle, it’s weird they save some of the trick plays for tackle 4-5. Id rather see that mid field ball play earlier in the set. We attack well from the half way line on and finally roll down the field easier than we used to.

I guess as well sometimes you have to see what doesn’t work in games you can afford to experiment with.

Back on top baby!!
FtwIn3KaEAAi6tt

Say it looked ugly but given Penrith and Warriors I think are our main competition atm I think we played like ladder leaders, atleast in attack.

HUGE 2 months coming up for us! Have to dominate some of these teams if we are to go all the way.

But if we can get through it, 3 byes in the last 11 rounds will be great on our run to the finals.

Round 8: Eels (while they've been losing, they haven't been smashed. They also have been scoring a lot of points, and they have put big scores in us in the past).
Round 9: Souths (overrated. We should beat them at home).
Round 10: Manly (kill Turbo early and we should be good).
Round 11: Storm (we all know the history).
Round 12: Penrith (will want revenge on us).
Round 13: Warriors (orgin affected, and off their bye).
Round 14: Sharks (orgin affected, and off their bye).
Round 15: Knights (are suddenly a good team lol).

HUGE 2 months coming up for us! Have to dominate some of these teams if we are to go all the way.

But if we can get through it, 3 byes in the last 11 rounds will be great on our run to the finals.

Round 8: Eels (while they've been losing, they haven't been smashed. They also have been scoring a lot of points, and they have put big scores in us in the past).
Round 9: Souths (overrated. We should beat them at home).
Round 10: Manly (kill Turbo early and we should be good).
Round 11: Storm (we all know the history).
Round 12: Penrith (will want revenge on us).
Round 13: Warriors (orgin affected, and off their bye).
Round 14: Sharks (orgin affected, and off their bye).
Round 15: Knights (are suddenly a good team lol).
Sorry, I must be in the wrong thread.

If my tipping is anything to go by (spoiler, it's really not), I have us finishing the round 3 points clear of Manly.

If my tipping is anything to go by (spoiler, it's really not), I have us finishing the round 3 points clear of Manly.
And maybe west tigers could pull of a miracle...

When Pigs Fly Animation GIF by Marie Chapuis

With the three byes, we are effectively already on 20 points! Even if we hit a wall midseason, we are very well placed to make something big out of this season.

Active Now

• Organix
  • Jedhead
  • Broncorob
  • broncsgoat
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Fozz
  • Foordy
  • bert_lifts
  • LittleDavey
  • lynx000
  • teampjta
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.