OPINION Broncos are winning the 2023 NRL Premiership

Harry Sack

Harry Sack

International Rep
Forum Staff
Jun 12, 2013
always love his mic'ed up episode when he was at the knights god he can shit talk lol

He's such a lad. Sounds silly, but one of my favourite Willy moments is when he packed into a scrum against the storm and C Smith tickled his chin. Would have loved him to be mic'ed up for that because they had what looked like a pretty funny exchange after it. Bit of banter etc

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
They look like those plastic veneers you can buy from eBay for $5.
1i9bIip1FWsqqc7f9SbJ5-e5_BcbNIhbd4wZ4grDiOc.jpg

Mustafur

Mustafur

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Jun 13, 2019
He's such a lad. Sounds silly, but one of my favourite Willy moments is when he packed into a scrum against the storm and C Smith tickled his chin. Would have loved him to be mic'ed up for that because they had what looked like a pretty funny exchange after it. Bit of banter etc
My favourite moment was when he knocked out a Pom cold in a test match:

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Hard not to believe after the defensive effort again Cronulla last week and then this epic come back tonight.

Goodness me, that last try!

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
Not sure about us making the Grand Final, but I reckon we're a pretty good shot of being Minor Premiers. Penrith and the Storm are yet to play each other twice. The first in Round 18, Penrith will be without Cleary, so a loss could see us leapfrog them. Meanwhile we meet the Storm again in the final round. That could very well decide the Minor Premiership.

Broncosgirl

Broncosgirl

Deep in the Heart of Queensland
Contributor
Nov 9, 2022
Not sure about us making the Grand Final, but I reckon we're a pretty good shot of being Minor Premiers. Penrith and the Storm are yet to play each other twice. The first in Round 18, Penrith will be without Cleary, so a loss could see us leapfrog them. Meanwhile we meet the Storm again in the final round. That could very well decide the Minor Premiership.
Calling it now. Broncos destined to flog Storm .. when it matters most. And that would be last round before finals.

Also calling it now .. Broncos to win the Minor Premiership .. and go on to win the Big Dance.

Broncosgirl

Broncosgirl

Deep in the Heart of Queensland
Contributor
Nov 9, 2022
If we were to win the Minor Premiership ..can the cash prize (whatever it is) be used towards the cap?

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
If we can start respecting the ball and focusing on using our superior pack to run over the top of teams before pulling the trigger, we can win the premiership.

The concerning thing is, 15 rounds in and we're still not doing it and the coaching staff have made it clear they are happy for us to continue playing that way as long as we defend well.

It's going to get to a point where teams are going to go up a gear and we're going to struggle.

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
Couldn't care less about the minor premiership, it means nothing.
Being Top 2 rather than Top 4 is a nice position to be in... also been forever since we won a minor premiership so that might actually be nice.

GF win is the ultimate goal though... home field advantage through the finals helps that... top 2 is home finals through to the GF

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
Been one of Kev’s most vocal critics as everyone knows but I find it a bit disrespectful how his name has never been mentioned in coach of the year discussions that I’ve heard.

Wayne getting all the praise, and rightfully so to an extent, but he has a mediocre team on paper sitting at 10th. Kev has taken a spoon team to the top of the ladder.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
It means a heck of a lot.

Home final first game with an express ticket to the grand final qualifier if you win.

Top 4 is good enough but top 2 for the home ground advantage is huge.

Exactly, top two. Minor premiership is nice but I want the big one.

L

Lockysillegitimatechild

State of Origin Rep
Apr 10, 2015
Exactly, top two. Minor premiership is nice but I want the big one.
It's kind of disgraceful that it does mean so little in Australian sport. Then again, with the unevenness of the draws year after year I am kind of glad it doesn't.
Play each team once, more internationals, 4 week break for Origin and then it'd be even.

Active Now

• leon.bott
  • GCBRONCO
  • Jedhead
  • Allo
  • the_next
  • ezpz
  • Aldo
  • Xzei
  • Skathen
  • broncos4life
  • Fozz
  • Sproj
  • Xarr
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Nerd
  • Dexter
  • Hoof Hearted
  • TimWhatley
  • Harry Sack
  • Gaz
... and 18 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.