NEWS Broncos captain Darius Boyd says he’ll quit NRL if hamstring issues continue

Milford. Was a top 5 fullback at 19. Add better ball playing (limited as it is he would of come on if he takes Lockys help), maturity and some training by Boyd in organising a defence he would be easily top class and threaten for the Qld fullback next year if slater retires. Likely much better option than Holmes (a winger only). Bird to 5/8 in short term (don’t mind Bird at fullback but he’d need to get real fit real soon but so would Milford).

Use the spare cash to make a play for a more traditional halfback. Biggest problem is who and for how much in current market stupidity for anyone who can throw a 7 on their back. Wouldn’t have to be a superstar necessarily just just someone who can organise a bit, kick reasonably and know when to get out of the way or give the ball to Milf, Bird, Roberts and so forth also not slow as or inhibiting as Wallace who tried but just seemed to be half a step short being a help to the attack. Could partner Kodi who would be a good 5/8 long term option and Bird goes to lock. Or if Kodi doesn’t flourish then can use him as bench hooker and keep Bird at 5/8. If get a half who isn’t too dynamic at right price and Kodi stays at 6 could use spare money to buy a spare running hooker/backrow for depth and to give McCullough a break or play tandem so he doesn’t get too exhausted to actually attack.

Milf is never going back to fullback. I dont think he wants to play there and he is a five eighth now. The other problem with him is he wont take any help from blokes like Locky bizarrely. I can see the merits in him dropping back, but its just never going to happen imo.

I dont mind him tbh, but i still dont think we have any clarification if he is going to remain here.
Yeah , the kid has talent. Hope we can hold onto him , heard there is a attitude issue but alot of kids do.

Milford. Was a top 5 fullback at 19. Add better ball playing (limited as it is he would of come on if he takes Lockys help), maturity and some training by Boyd in organising a defence he would be easily top class and threaten for the Qld fullback next year if slater retires. Likely much better option than Holmes (a winger only). Bird to 5/8 in short term (don’t mind Bird at fullback but he’d need to get real fit real soon but so would Milford).

Use the spare cash to make a play for a more traditional halfback. Biggest problem is who and for how much in current market stupidity for anyone who can throw a 7 on their back. Wouldn’t have to be a superstar necessarily just just someone who can organise a bit, kick reasonably and know when to get out of the way or give the ball to Milf, Bird, Roberts and so forth also not slow as or inhibiting as Wallace who tried but just seemed to be half a step short being a help to the attack. Could partner Kodi who would be a good 5/8 long term option and Bird goes to lock. Or if Kodi doesn’t flourish then can use him as bench hooker and keep Bird at 5/8. If get a half who isn’t too dynamic at right price and Kodi stays at 6 could use spare money to buy a spare running hooker/backrow for depth and to give McCullough a break or play tandem so he doesn’t get too exhausted to actually attack.

Milf was always a half. In saying that a spine of milf, Taylor, hunt and macca could've been phenomenal.

I'm glad Boyd is aware of the problems that most of us see. I think we will end up with Issako at FB and Bird will be the one to slot into 5/8 alongside Milf. He'll provide that ball playing skill we'll miss from Boyd and add some experience to the halves. Macca as capt. as he leads by example and is on the field for the full 80. I hope we are able to keep the penalty count to a minimum the sarvo. One last thought will these stoppages be allowed in origin? Will the players risk going back to old tunnel ball plays hoping they don't get pinged coz its origin?

Yeah , the kid has talent. Hope we can hold onto him , heard there is a attitude issue but alot of kids do.
He will never play first grade for the Broncos as there are too many guys in front of him. If Boyd does retire (which is unlikely in the short term), Bennett will use that money to bring in someone seasoned and experienced to take over the role.

+1 for me. He has gone up in standing with me, it shows good self-awareness and also putting the team first if he does it. He has looked for a little while that he is not really enjoying his football, whether that is all related to his injury difficulties, I don't know.

One would think he is likely or should be considering, to give SOO away......

Milf was always a half. In saying that a spine of milf, Taylor, hunt and macca could've been phenomenal.

That spine would have been amazing.

But how is Milf a half. He can’t kick, hasn’t found his voice to organise despite 3 years of training, wouldn’t have a clue how to close a game, struggles tackling in front line (although admittedly not abnormal for half).

He could be considered a running five-eight in a team where the halfback and hooker do the vast majority of the half work (I.e Smith/Cronk) but most of his natural talents - broken play stepping, support play, interjecting in attacking line for impact are fullback skills.

One would think he is likely or should be considering, to give SOO away......

Surely Boyd is battling to get in that Queensland team anyway these days? Where does he fit in? Slater will be picked at 1. Inglis is back at centre. Chambers would be in front of him to play other centre.

And he's probably too slow to play wing these days when you consider there are other younger more dynamic candidates these days.

Walters would probably be secretly happy if he pulled the pin on Origin. But I am guessing he wont do that and Qld will wrongly try and put him on the wing.

Surely Boyd is battling to get in that Queensland team anyway these days? Where does he fit in? Slater will be picked at 1. Inglis is back at centre. Chambers would be in front of him to play other centre.

And he's probably too slow to play wing these days when you consider there are other younger more dynamic candidates these days.

Walters would probably be secretly happy if he pulled the pin on Origin. But I am guessing he wont do that and Qld will wrongly try and put him on the wing.

Boyd will be playing left wing for QLD, you can bank on it. His combination with Inglis is just too good. If he doesnt perform though i dont think Kevvie will hesitate to drop him.

Boyd will be playing left wing for QLD, you can bank on it. His combination with Inglis is just too good. If he doesnt perform though i dont think Kevvie will hesitate to drop him.

You are right. I agree with you that that's what they'll do. But it's crazy they'll leave out Gagai or Holmes or even Oates - for Boyd on the wing.

That spine would have been amazing.

But how is Milf a half. He can’t kick, hasn’t found his voice to organise despite 3 years of training, wouldn’t have a clue how to close a game, struggles tackling in front line (although admittedly not abnormal for half).

He could be considered a running five-eight in a team where the halfback and hooker do the vast majority of the half work (I.e Smith/Cronk) but most of his natural talents - broken play stepping, support play, interjecting in attacking line for impact are fullback skills.

All halves dont have to kick and plenty of halves arent great in defence. What you are saying is true for a half back, but not a five eighth in todays game. He isnt an organiser, but he is very vocal. And coming through at Canberra, he always played in the halves mostly until he got his shot in the NRL, then he did play fullback.

Sadly, the way Kodi plays is our big weakness in the halves. He is a halfback who plays like a five eighth and we dont need 2 of them.

You are right. I agree with you that that's what they'll do. But it's crazy they'll leave out Gagai or Holmes or even Oates - for Boyd on the wing.

I dont think Gagai is in much danger, but it will be pretty hard on Holmes to be dropped, but at the same time its hard to argue against the Inglis/Boyd combination on our left side in Origin.

When was the last time Inglis and Boyd even combined?

Israel Folau looking to come back to League...
Boyd saying he might give it away
Folau to Broncos Confirmed ?

He will never play first grade for the Broncos as there are too many guys in front of him. If Boyd does retire (which is unlikely in the short term), Bennett will use that money to bring in someone seasoned and experienced to take over the role.
Like he did to cover hunt???

Active Now

• Bucking Beads
  • BroncsNBundy
  • Lurker
  • RolledOates
  • Cavalo
  • matthewransom34@ic
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.