NEWS Broncos coach insists Milford best at No 1.

pagey

NRL Captain
He was one of the best 6’s already and was having to adapt regularly to different roles. He’s never going to displace ponga as the best 1 for Qld
Ponga was good in soo 1 but dropped the ball in the second. Ponga hasn't gone to the heights he has been touted as yet , and also that could be said about Milford. I think he could be if he keeps improving at 1.

Nepal Donkeys

NYC Player
The gap to overtake Ponga isn't really that big.

Ponga's reputation is my biggest gripe in the game. He is 95% media hype and 5% actual performance. He has a nice step and right to left pass and really not much more.

Last edited:

QCup Player
The gap to overtake Ponga isn't really that big.

Ponga's reputation is my biggest gripe in the game. He is 95% media hype and 5% actual performance. He has a nice step and right to left pass and really not much more.
And its the same step and the same pass. Every. single. time. Potatoes keep falling for it. Keep him on your outside shoulder not rushing him and he has nothing to beat you with.

Nepal Donkeys

NYC Player
And its the same step and the same pass. Every. single. time. Potatoes keep falling for it. Keep him on your outside shoulder not rushing him and he has nothing to beat you with.
Bang on. He's a serious talent, but nothing more than that at this stage.

Media have been frothing the Knights/Ponga/Pearce for the past two years for some reason and look where they are? Think a few reputations have been falsely inflated.

NSW stables

QCup Player
I am just happy to see our fullback accelerate into the defensive line and not just collapse into it.

Milford is also running through the line to support our forwards looking for an offload and sniffing around the ruck for some tired forwards.

It is like putting him back in the number 1 has pressed a reset button in him. To think run first.

Unfortunately i think the boyd and macca issue will continue to haunt us when our team is fully fit. They have not been terrible, bit we could be better without them.

Mustafur

NYC Player
The main thing for me when it comes to Milford is he is a natural Fullback, he looks more comfortable at 1 and knows the role better then at 6 and he hasn't played there for years. He has never looked like he understood the game managing half role since he was given it, it just makes sense to keep him at 1.

Galah

QCup Player
Brisbane
Well he’s a bloody good fb and we have halves coming though, fb’s we do not. I tend to think his time at 6 has added many strings to his bow, I for one am pumped he’s back there. it’s a trickle on effect as well by giving guys in front of him extra space as the defensive line is weary of him at the back.

Huge

State of Origin Rep
Ipswich
Well he’s a bloody good fb and we have halves coming though, fb’s we do not. I tend to think his time at 6 has added many strings to his bow, I for one am pumped he’s back there. it’s a trickle on effect as well by giving guys in front of him extra space as the defensive line is weary of him at the back.
You mean they're sick of him being fullback? The defensive line I mean. I'd be wary of making claims like that!

Alec

International Rep
I dunno if he can reach Tedesco or Turbo level after so many years of playing in the halves. I still think Pongun has the most potential of them all, but Tedesco's absolute DESIRE to break tackles is gonna make it tough to reach it.

pagey

NRL Captain
I dunno if he can reach Tedesco or Turbo level after so many years of playing in the halves. I still think Pongun has the most potential of them all, but Tedesco's absolute DESIRE to break tackles is gonna make it tough to reach it.
Milf is a great tackle breaker and has a great offload, he just needs to compete like the best of them and he can get to the top imo

BroncsFan

NRL Player
Milf is a great tackle breaker and has a great offload, he just needs to compete like the best of them and he can get to the top imo
My biggest question mark was on his bomb defusing but he's been pretty solid back there thus far.

Storm will definitely look to test this out though and I can see them sending plenty of pressure with it... especially those painful phantom attempts where the defender comes through waving their arms across their face with zero intent to catch it.

We really need our defensive line to get back and support Milf on bombs. Storm will have their whole defensive line there (all onside off course...) so our guys need to be there to clean up any scraps

If he gets through this game unscathed (by that I mean a solid safe display) then he has every chance to become one of the very top fullbacks in the comp

Last edited:

Huge

State of Origin Rep
Ipswich
The original poster made an error with his spelling/grammar so Huge had a go at him to prove to us all how much smarter he is than us.
The original poster made a grammatical error so Huge had a go at him in order to prove to all how smart he is.

You're welcome. I just thought it needed tidying up. Amazing how you can know with such certainty what my motivation was.

Wolfie

State of Origin Rep
I'll be in the minority here, but I don't think Tedesco is anywhere near as good as the NSW media make him out to be. I think currently RTS is the best fullback in the game and daylight to second place.

Huge

State of Origin Rep
Ipswich
I'll be in the minority here, but I don't think Tedesco is anywhere near as good as the NSW media make him out to be. I think currently RTS is the best fullback in the game and daylight to second place.
Respectfully I disagree. I wish Tedesco was on our team. I see him a bit like Birdy, a total competitor. I remember a game last year in which he was repeatedly bashed from the beginning of the match. I wondered how he kept going but in the last minutes of that match there he was again, sealing the deal with a try after beating two or three tacklers. So impressive. Prick.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create free account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Twitter