Broncos could struggle to keep Gillett

Very odd that a player comes out with a comment about his future like this.
Seems like a negotiating tactic, but usually they be leaked to the media,
rather than come from the player.

What did he say?

Also, given the Warriors are likely to get Foran, how on Earth could they afford even ONE other MINIMUM wage player?

What did he say?

Also, given the Warriors are likely to get Foran, how on Earth could they afford even ONE other MINIMUM wage player?

I assume in this scenario they aren't getting Foran, no chance they can afford both.

Gillett's words were something along the lines of

Gillett: "Yeah, I may be heading over the ditch."
Reporter: "Likely or unlikely?"
Gillett: "Somewhere in between, I obviously want to stay in Brisbane, but yeah."

I really don't like that he has done this. It's a bad look for everyone and if that's the way he wants to be then enjoy throwing your career away in NZ.

I find it very odd that he hasn't signed somewhere already. He's a high profile player and a bloody good player at that.

Hopefully Bennett makes the call for him soon. Would rather have this over and done with before the finals one way or another. TBH I'm liking TPJ more and more. While he is no Gillett right now I think he has the potential to be better and I love his strong running.

So that means the Warriors offer must be substantial, even without Foran, how can they afford that? They have three of the highest profile spine players in the game plus an almost international side. There is absolutely no way they can afford to offer more than we can.

Why would anyone want to play for the Warriors?

Maybe he's releasing fake information to the media now that Josh McGuire won't do it.

Maybe he's releasing fake information to the media now that Josh McGuire won't do it.

I believe the issue with Josh was he was releasing actual info to the media, the only time he released false info was when the boys set the rat-trap.

Edit: Are we allowed to talk about this now? Or is it still a sensitive topic

Last edited:
I think some of you BHQ members aren't taking into consideration how good Gillet actually?

his on life defence is crazy, he probably saves 2 tries a game

Its like when everyone was saying mccullough was shit, and then the game against sharks we got smashed around the ruck and all of a sudden you realised how important he is

Yes we have all these young guns coming through but there not ready now, apart from that gillet is probably the second best second rower in the game in my opinion behind boyd cordner

Last edited:
I think some of you BHQ members aren't taking into consideration how good Gillet actually?

his on life defence is crazy, he probably saves 2 tries a game

Its like when everyone was saying mccullough was shit, and then the game against sharks we got smashed around the ruck and all of a sudden you realised how important he is

Yes we have all these young guns coming through but there not ready now, apart from that gillet is probably the second best second rower in the game in my opinion behind boyd cordner

I think everyone on here loves Gillett, and we're well aware of how good he is. The only issue is not wanting to get in a bidding war, I think he's worth $600k a season or so, but if he puts us over a barrel and demands $800k-$900k a season, he can book his flight to New Zealand right now.

I just hope this doesn't turn into another Civoneciva type debacle.

According to the news, the Warriors offer is $600K, which he is well worth, and imo should be matched by us. Hopefully no one is playing silly buggers while trying to retain one of the top second rowers in the NRL.

The Warriors salary cap is even more rubbery than the Roosters.

I just hope this doesn't turn into another Civoneciva type debacle.

According to the news, the Warriors offer is $600K, which he is well worth, and imo should be matched by us. Hopefully no one is playing silly buggers while trying to retain one of the top second rowers in the NRL.

Depends what other signings we have in the works.

If the Broncs aren't willing to offer close to that I'd be pissed. I rate the guy and don't want to lose him.

RTS is reportedly on $850K per season, Jonhson is probably on the same if not more, Hoffman is on $500K and throw in Isaac Luke as well and that's a fair chunk of salary cap space right there.

If they can afford to go after Gillett and get Foran next year as well then that's some pretty clever accounting.

Active Now

• Sproj
  • Manofoneway
  • Aldo
  • Foordy
  • Bish
  • kman
  • Fitzy
  • Strop
  • mitch222
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Broncorob
  • Santa
  • azza.79
  • porouian
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.