NEWS Broncos investigating alleged Payne Haas-Albert Kelly brawl video

Weren't they in a public place?
I'm going to have to refer you to my attorney @lynx000 to explain the laws regarding filming on private property, and distributing said film.

People will dissect this looking for things that aren’t there, it’s really a nothing incident that would happen in every club at one time or another. The club knows that, but because there’s a video they have to put on a big show to satisfy everyone.

People will dissect this looking for things that aren’t there, it’s really a nothing incident that would happen in every club at one time or another. The club knows that, but because there’s a video they have to put on a big show to satisfy everyone.
The two performances on the field after this incident and the fact the club is furious with them says otherwise.

Makes sense, our form dropped off a cliff after this. Kelly went into a shell the following game. It doesn't look that bad but these guys are not mature enough or smart enough to not let this effect them.

Obviously Kev has been occupied trying to bring them back together and it isn't working. You can see the body language of players. Staggs is playing shocking, he is mates with Payne, Cobbo respects Kelly and he was slapped around by a club leader. This appears like a bigger issue than we know just based on body language alone. We ask ourselves in game chat how players all of a sudden look like they don't know each other? Well it's because after one night out they no longer like each other and something is very wrong.
We were shit against the dogs too, I very much doubt either of them were stewing over it, if they could even remember it the next day.

The two performances on the field after this incident and the fact the club is furious with them says otherwise.
We were terrible against the dogs too, we terrible in the trials a month ago, one thing doesn’t have to have anything to do with another.

This looks like a nothing incident. Kelly looks to be in drunken maccas form, and Haas is mainly holding him off. If this was serious, he could have beat the shit out of him.

Give them $1000 fine for being stupid enough to do it in public and move on.

I look forward to hearing all the old boys & club legends coming out and commenting on how they think the clubs culture is going with Kev at the helm.
Flegler/Riki in the off season.
And now Haas/Kelly.
wouldn’t be surprised if there is more going on behind the scenes. Looks like a fractured plying group, happy to go one another. Certainly not playing like a team on field either.
This year has 2020 written all over it. 2/2 then the joint implodes.
Strap yourselves in.

We’ve been there. There was the Glenn group and the others.

This is a nothing story. Payne didn’t do anything wrong except manhandle Kelly who was in his face. Move on and calm down.

Cobbo respects Kelly and he was slapped around by a club leader. This appears like a bigger issue than we know just based on body language alone. We ask ourselves in game chat how players all of a sudden look like they don't know each other? Well it's because after one night out they no longer like each other and something is very wrong.
I wouldn't worry too much about Selwyn. He might seem like a quiet kid from a nice family (which he is) but he grew up in Cherbourg, where such matters are routinely dealt with this way, in the middle of the street in the cool of the late afternoon.

Cobbo is a common surname in the region:

I wouldn’t be suspending haas, I’d be giving him a decent fine. What is wrong with this club?

whatever it is, the only way I see fixing it, is to completely clean house. We need more average players who can tackle with big hearts.

I dislike this team, bringing in kevie was a good idea in theory but when the team is still losing the negativity just breeds.

storm players get flogged by Bellamy but they don’t care because they win…

We’ve been there. There was the Glenn group and the others.

This is a nothing story. Payne didn’t do anything wrong except manhandle Kelly who was in his face. Move on and calm down.
Yeah agree, it’s a great look for the club.
I’m sure the club loves it also. Let’s not look anymore into it and see where we end up.

Hopefully fine both of them. 5% of their annual salary. Bet they think twice about being drunken flogs on the street again

There needs to be a time when the club says enough is enough. Each season my patience and tolerance for this club's sub par performances gets thinner and thinner. It has got to the stage where i am just about ready to give NRL away. There is very little fun involved in he game now, at least for me.

We keep saying it, but we continue to let the line be crossed. As a result we continue to stagger punch drunk from season to season.

The one team town and the constant need to fill digital news means everything our players do is scrutinised. If we do decide to get rid of Haas perhaps some of the cash could be spent on better PR, more positive media campaigns and better mentoring of the playing group. But News Ltd. are deadset against this.

I think we need to seriously consider nominating an ISC club as our feeder and ensure the majority of the youth play there. We need to increase the amount of players we recruit and ensure our development process is able to filter out the dickheads regardless of their playing talent.

So what if Haas can cart the ball for hundreds of meters? If the rest of the team are pissed off with his greedy dollar demands and the constant innuendo of a move to a 'better' team to do anything with it, what's the point in having him.

We all know when he goes to the Rorters he'll be a media darling and won't put a foot out of place. He'll win a couple of premierships and we'll be so pissed off. The reality is his off-field misdemeanors will not be allowed to be aired until such times as the Rorters no longer wish his services.

One of the lessons from these past few years is that we need to manage the media far better.

How the hell do we do that when our owners are News ltd? We're there to sell clicks at present and nothing sells news better than a negative narrative. News Ltd. are making a fortune from selling advertisement space. Part of that reason is Broncos news (any news) keeps the punter clicking away.

A total of seven of our games are missing from free-to-air as TV ratings are no longer that relevant to digital/social media.

Our club is well and truly screwed for the long term and will continue to be so , at least until we are able to escape the clutches of News ltd.

The sad and ironic thing is the NRL are happy to undermine the Broncos to ensure the Sydney clubs' supporters remain interested. But all the while they're slowly killing their own product with their myopic Sydney-centric bias. 'National' Rugby League run by NSWRL. A recipe for mediocrity.

Makes sense, our form dropped off a cliff after this. Kelly went into a shell the following game. It doesn't look that bad but these guys are not mature enough or smart enough to not let this effect them.

Obviously Kev has been occupied trying to bring them back together and it isn't working. You can see the body language of players. Staggs is playing shocking, he is mates with Payne, Cobbo respects Kelly and he was slapped around by a club leader. This appears like a bigger issue than we know just based on body language alone. We ask ourselves in game chat how players all of a sudden look like they don't know each other? Well it's because after one night out they no longer like each other and something is very wrong.
Staggs and Cobbo were playing like shit well before this incident allegedly occurred.

“I’ve spoken to people at the club last night and they are absolutely furious. They rang the (NRL) integrity unit straight away They weren’t aware of the video.”

“They’ll release a statement today and they’re sick of it.”

Dobbo on MMM

To some it's a nothing incident, but how many times are we going to let him embarrase this club with his shithouse behaviour. Just because he is a top tier player doesn't mean he should be allowed to get away with it.

“I’ve spoken to people at the club last night and they are absolutely furious. They rang the (NRL) integrity unit straight away They weren’t aware of the video.”

“They’ll release a statement today and they’re sick of it.”

Dobbo on MMM
They're furious the media has beat this up, or they've spoken to the players and they're furious about how they've behaving in their free time?

Or they treat them like adults and give them their personal space. There is no evidence that Payne deserves to have money taken from him.
Regardless of the rights or wrongs of filming the incident, Payne and Kelly have yet again dragged the Broncos name into the mud. Fine should be the least of their worries if we are serious about cleaning up this club.

Active Now

• Evander
  • Sproj
  • porouian
  • Howie
  • GCBRONCO
  • Foordy
  • Manofoneway
  • Cobra Kai
  • leish107
  • davidp
  • Reds2011
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Wolfie
  • BroncosFan_Corey
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.