NEWS Broncos investigating alleged Payne Haas-Albert Kelly brawl video

At least they're punching on with each other and not a member of the general public, their wives, or a cop.

Alcohol rarely brings out the best in a person, and most of the time it just makes you look like an insufferable prick to those who don't or haven't been drinking. Both of these idiots have form in that regard. Fine them both, put them on a booze ban with a very short leash, and let's all move on

**** Payne, He threatened a female copper, but you left that clip out.

The fact is, he is involved in yet another incident.
Kelly is no better.
Sanction them both.

Sick of these blokes, they can both go work in construction for all i care.
The last thing this club needs while trying to rebuild a good club culture and a functional footy team that performs, is deadshits causing drama and in-house fighting.
Couple of blokes having a push and shove in (what they thought was) private. None of anyone else's business, frankly. The only person here potentially breaking any law is the creeper who took the video and leaked it publicly.

There's no evidence "Payne" has been drinking or that he instigated anything. You blokes are making shit up to suit a narrative.

Couple of blokes having a push and shove in (what they thought was) private. None of anyone else's business, frankly. The only person here potentially breaking any law is the creeper who took the video and leaked it publicly.
It just speaks of more shit behind closed doors.
This is not the first in-house scuffle in the last few seasons.

I think if the club was doing well and there was not constant speculation over one of the blokes involved contracts, then its a different story.

It just speaks of more shit behind closed doors.
This is not the first in-house scuffle in the last few seasons.

I think if the club was doing well and there was not constant speculation over one of the blokes involved contracts, then its a different story.
They're entitled to privacy.

So Dobbo spoke to club last night. Incident happened in Sydney after Bulldogs game apparently.
Probably around the same time the Bulldogs laughed off Paynes $1m price tag and he had to be a bit more careful with treating hide shoes well.

They drink like bloody fish there. He must follow it reasonably strictly as he follows their Ramadan laws. I know when I've been in Turkey for example it's not something a lot of them bother with. I can remember he did an interview where he said he had given away alcohol. He must have changed his mind.
Easy to misinterpret this one, what he actually meant was he'd shouted the boys a few drinks.

Not sure it’s anyone job to gatekeep what makes a Muslim a Muslim. I know plenty of Muslims who drink. You ever been to Turkey?
To add to this, do we even know Payne is drunk? I see no evidence of it Alby looks completely wasted and can't stand still, I don't know about you but if my mates drunk and he's pushing me around and standing on my shoe, I'd swat him too. Then we'd get over it the next morning... Total beat up.

All I care about is who released the video, the timing is impeccable.

I wonder what this fight is really about? When I first saw it, I wasn't taking it to be literally about someone stepping on someone's shoes lol

I was more thinking it was about someone stepping on someone's toes (shoes being a more modern version of the saying). E.g. Hass thinking Kelly is coming in and doing something that is he's job, talking behind his back, etc.

I look forward to hearing all the old boys & club legends coming out and commenting on how they think the clubs culture is going with Kev at the helm.
Flegler/Riki in the off season.
And now Haas/Kelly.
wouldn’t be surprised if there is more going on behind the scenes. Looks like a fractured plying group, happy to go one another. Certainly not playing like a team on field either.
This year has 2020 written all over it. 2/2 then the joint implodes.
Strap yourselves in.

All you ***** laying into Payne without knowing the first thing about what happened. Shame on you. Here's all we know:

1. "Payne" is wearing a hoodie. This wasn't recent and might not even be him.
2. Looks like "Albert" is drunk and being a dick.
3. Payne only slapped him like a naughty puppy. Would you slap Albert if he were in this mode?

This happens every time a player is accused of something. The kangaroo court of sanctimony. If you're one of the ones who bangs on about "loyalty," try showing some yourself.

They are saying it happened after the Dogs game. And it was around Kelly's birthday.

edit: read posts before posting.

They are saying it happened after the Dogs game. And it was around Kelly's birthday.
If Albert is still drinking that hard, the best recourse it not to renew his contract. Looking at the severity of his injury, his season might even be over. If it's about something other than him not being able to handle the booze, then whatever. We saw this with James Roberts. They either have to swear off it, or you have to swear off them. Let it be someone else's problem.

It's hard to see Payne being in any trouble unless there's been a history of him goading Albert, or other team mates, for that matter. Nothing to see, I reckon.

I thought Jordan Riki handled his dustup to the gold standard. Basically said he was being a dick and that they were mates regardless.

Dobbo this morning:
- The Broncos are furious & will make a statement today.
- They won’t sack Haas.
- Said he’s played putrid the last 2 weeks.
- Roosters re-hashed story.
- Made it clear of Haas’ past and also mentioned there are incidents with Haas that haven’t hit the media, basically saying Haas needs to start to return the favour to the club and be loyal.

Payne has legit gone from my favourite player, to me not giving a **** if we were to release him tomorrow to play against us on Friday.

My only worry if we were to let him go is, I don’t have faith that we would spend the money wisely ie a decent 1 & 9.
I could see the club giving Cobbo his 500k and likewise to Herbie & Oates and us as fans left scratching our heads, again.

Dobbo this morning:
- The Broncos are furious & will make a statement today.
- They won’t sack Haas.
- Said he’s played putrid the last 2 weeks.
- Roosters re-hashed story.
- Made it clear of Haas’ past and also mentioned there are incidents with Haas that haven’t hit the media, basically saying Haas needs to start to return the favour to the club and be loyal.

Payne has legit gone from my favourite player, to me not giving a **** if we were to release him tomorrow to play against us on Friday.

My only worry if we were to let him go is, I don’t have faith that we would spend the money wisely ie a decent 1 & 9.
I could see the club giving Cobbo his 500k and likewise to Herbie & Oates and us as fans left scratching our heads, again.

Worked well with Fifita.

Doesn't surprise me about Haas.

Being an angry fuckwit runs in the Haas family

So Dobbo spoke to club last night. Incident happened in Sydney after Bulldogs game apparently.
Makes sense, our form dropped off a cliff after this. Kelly went into a shell the following game. It doesn't look that bad but these guys are not mature enough or smart enough to not let this effect them.

Obviously Kev has been occupied trying to bring them back together and it isn't working. You can see the body language of players. Staggs is playing shocking, he is mates with Payne, Cobbo respects Kelly and he was slapped around by a club leader. This appears like a bigger issue than we know just based on body language alone. We ask ourselves in game chat how players all of a sudden look like they don't know each other? Well it's because after one night out they no longer like each other and something is very wrong.

Active Now

• Evander
  • Wild Horse
  • barker
  • GCBRONCO
  • Sproj
  • Wolfie
  • porouian
  • Howie
  • Foordy
  • Manofoneway
  • Cobra Kai
  • leish107
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.