Broncos need ..... ????

N

Number6

QCup Player
May 21, 2016
Like the fact a 12 year knows how much the broncos could offer lol

Want Taylor but not at same price Tits offer. He has to take a fair price to play with us. Teams like titans pay overs because they offer nothing else.

They don't regularly play finals, they will struggle to win a premiership (aside from fake fairytales although not as though Broncs are winning premierships). You are less a chance of playing for Australia and Queensland which aside from huge personally is worth a bundle. And they usually don't make you the best player you can be with payoff monetarily later in career for a young guy. Plus the obvious TPAs and with a rich club after footy jobs if needed.

900000 a year for 3 years is a huge payday for him still plus aim to get him a couple hundred in TPAs and he gets best shot to have a career he can be proud of. We need to make Broncos jersey a prestige item again that people are willing to take 20% less to play in. Should be able afford it if we don't pay overs for Boyd. If he wants the cash now we wish him luck. Have to think about big picture for the future of the club, we want players who want to play for us only.

Problem is Wayne seems to coach the natural game out of young guys and not show faith in them which is a huge reason not to come or stay at Brisbane although less relevant to Taylor.

Jason Simmons

Jason Simmons

NRL Captain
Apr 18, 2013
TBH that is a pretty bog average list of players save for the obvious guns. I guess you can only recruit what you see and whats available, but who did we miss out on while we pursued and developed players of that list calibre.

Four ‘Tier 1’ international players, out of 11 players is ‘bog average’ is it? I thought it would probably be above average for a young group like that...

Anyone know the percentage rate of blokes who play A grade football compared to blokes who go on to international representative duties in Tier 1 international rep teams?

I’d be amazed if it is as high as four out of every eleven...

J

johnny plath

QCup Player
Jul 16, 2014
Four ‘Tier 1’ international players, out of 11 players is ‘bog average’ is it? I thought it would probably be above average for a young group like that...

Anyone know the percentage rate of blokes who play A grade football compared to blokes who go on to international representative duties in Tier 1 international rep teams?

I’d be amazed if it is as high as four out of every eleven...
Don't really care that beale played for nz..hes bog average. Im sure they probably recriuted more than 11 as well so a lower strike rate than 4/11 ..point was who did we miss while we were putting energy into a bunch of mostly average players. I don't think it's a great least to hang your hat on.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Let me dig out the old 2008 media book.

Here's a list of juniors that slipped through the Broncos grasp...

Matt Smith, Travis Waddell, Jayson Bukuya, James Sharkie, Jeremiah Walters, Ben Ridge, Esi Tonga, Daly Cherry-Evans, Matt Grieve, Jay Aston, Vili Fainga'a, Ryan Hansen, Josh Jerome, Jake Whittle, Martin Paulson, Nathan Barraclough, Leo Faagutu, Blayne Harling, Josh Land, Joel Mccrea, Mase Laulu Togagae, Tim Glasby, Trent Iselin, Travis Marshall, Joel Romelo, Luke Capewell, Aaron Hammett, Chris Sandow, David Tyrell, Rohan Ahern, John Clayton, Ben Cronin, Jake Friend, David Hala, Martin Kennedy, Galu Teo, Javarn White, Antonio Winterstein, Damon Harth, Mark Appleton, Sam Mataora, Daniel Vidot, Dean Warren, Ricky Leutele, Lachlan Creighton, Luke Page, Shaun Spring, David Drotini, Chris Stolk, Lama Tasi, Billy Rogers, Keiran English, Ronnie Alovili, Dane Hogan, Mitch Zornig, Lachlan Gowland, Junior Vaivai, Andrew Clayton, Sam Kasiano, Rhys Jacks, Hughie Stanley.

Now a few of those players eventually came to the Broncos and a few the Broncos didn't miss at all but there's a few names there that the Broncos missed the mark on.

Jason Simmons

Jason Simmons

NRL Captain
Apr 18, 2013
Don't really care that beale played for nz..hes bog average. Im sure they probably recriuted more than 11 as well so a lower strike rate than 4/11 ..point was who did we miss while we were putting energy into a bunch of mostly average players. I don't think it's a great least to hang your hat on.

A ‘bog average’ player who has played 162 NRL games, played in a winning NRL grand final team and has played 10 tests for NZ.

If only every player we developed was as ‘bog average’ as him...

L

Lebbo73

NYC Player
Feb 15, 2017
Who do you think we need talanoa ? Im not convinced on kodi being our 7 , but not many choices either.
What about Pauli Pauli! Is he available and worth the risk to boost our forward pack next year?

K

Kyall

NRL Player
Oct 4, 2016
State championship is starting and I’m interested in seeing how Darren Nicholls plays.

L

Lebbo73

NYC Player
Feb 15, 2017
believe it or not but i seen seymour trotting around this year for a team in toowoomba.
he wasted his talent
Yep, captain coach of the Valleys RL club in the Toowoomba Rugby League.

Allo

Allo

International Rep
Forum Staff
Sep 28, 2012
He played well great goal kicking, we should push to get him back and see if he will take the chance to be our half back.

Should have done it two seasons ago

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
He played well great goal kicking, we should push to get him back and see if he will take the chance to be our half back.

We arent going to be looking at a half back who will be 29 by the time next season gets going and has never made any real impact in the nrl. Us bringing Nona in is pushing it a little and he is 27.

K

Kyall

NRL Player
Oct 4, 2016
Time for building is over its been 12 years since the our last premiership. It’s time to think about the short term. If Nicholls can give us stability and a good half back mind then bring him in ASAP.

broncsgoat

broncsgoat

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Oct 28, 2013
Time for building is over its been 12 years since the our last premiership. It’s time to think about the short term. If Nicholls can give us stability and a good half back mind then bring him in ASAP.

If he was good enough he would have been given a shot by now

Active Now

• Brocko
  • Bronx48
  • Organix
  • GCBRONCO
  • I bleed Maroon
  • pennywisealfie
  • Strop
  • Rookie Alan
  • Howie
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Battler
  • MrTickyMcG
  • leon.bott
  • winslow_wong
  • LittleDavey
  • Santa
  • MrMoore
  • thenry
  • Jazza
  • Old Mate
... and 71 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.