Broncos' nightmare run home

I swear to god if the cowboys knock us out of the finals four years straight I'm going to lose my shit! They have been our bogey side but this time they don't have Thurston or Scott so I'm much more confident.

I feel like we can beat any team on our day apart from Melbourne. For us to beat them I feel as though we have to play perfect footy and they have to have an off night.

A lot also depends on wether we can stay fit and healthy. Get Boyd and Oates asap!

They dont have thurston who has won it for the last few years when we have played them it wiuld be nice to go up there when they are 8th and if they lose they drop out of top 8

This makes a lot of sense and it is something that I have suggested in the past. The NRL isn't proactive enough to ever institute such a change though. The imbalance of the current schedule is pretty farcical really but as a fan, it is something that you accept.

good luck getting a job at leagueHQ with a novel but common-sense approach like that..

rel
Seriously? I think our run home is easy.

relatively mate.. comparatively, aside from maybe the reigning prems, thinking from the draw finalised about 8 weeks ago..

but yeah conceivably speaking, its a wonder these MFs havent sent us to shark park, aami and 13smiles back 2 back.. so probly neednt complain..

I thought it looked pretty soft. No storm, roosters or manly, sharks aren't anything special, dragons are shit, parra are average, dogs are fucking shithouse, cows without JT. We could seriously win 7 straight and finish 2nd.

FMP

Realistically we can win all remaining games. But I am not confident with the bullshit that is Round 26. It'll just be fucking Morgan again. But maybe it'll also be that one loss you have to have going into the finals as you don't want to head into the finals with a massive win streak and run out of steam (eg Roosters in 2015).

Do the Storm even have a boogie side ? Can't see them not in the GF.

I believe only the Bulldogs have a positive win ratio over Melbourne, the team we spanked yesterday that won't harm them in the finals.

Is JT gonna be back for the rd 26 game against us does anybody know?

I don't want to finish 4th so the big win against the dogs was a really good result for us. 4th most likely means storm 1st week of the finals in Melbourne. No thanks.
2nd would be ideal! Home final first week and if we win a week off with a home semi. That's the ideal outcome!

I don't want to finish 4th so the big win against the dogs was a really good result for us. 4th most likely means storm 1st week of the finals in Melbourne. No thanks.
2nd would be ideal! Home final first week and if we win a week off with a home semi. That's the ideal outcome!

We only narrowly lost to them early in the season in Melbourne, we can beat them.

They seem to go better against them in Melbourne, at least in recent history.

Last edited:
Maloney is having surgery on a fractured hand, so a good chance we play the Sharks in 3 weeks time without him.

He is out for 6 months.
Oh....

Can we dare to believe that we are gonna win that game then? Surely we should win. What an embarrassment if they've still got our number without JT.

I like how this year is shaping up. If Melbourne get knocked out we'll be more than good chance.

It's our turn to win the thing anyway isn't it NRL?

Lol, ya know before I joined this forum I never thought that the NRL and the refs may be corrupt. That would just be crazy... But after reading about it on here for the last 6 months and watching the refs even out games with unfair penalties and what not - I have no doubt that it is corrupt in a few ways. It's like WWE wrestling.

So anyway, when is it our year for leg ups? Or Parramattas for that matter? Maybe never.

Ya gotta be dam good to beat the refs and unfair draws lol.

Last edited:
Oh....

Can we dare to believe that we are gonna win that game then? Surely we should win. What an embarrassment if they've still got our number without JT.

I like how this year is shaping up. If Melbourne get knocked out we'll be more than good chance.

It's our turn to win the thing anyway isn't it NRL?

Lol, ya know before I joined this forum I never thought that the NRL and the refs may be corrupt. That would just be crazy... But after reading about it on here for the last 6 months and watching the refs even out games with unfair penalties and what not - I have no doubt that it is corrupt in a few ways. It's like WWE wrestling.

So anyway, when is it our year for leg ups? Or Parramattas for that matter? Maybe never.

Ya gotta be dam good to beat the refs and unfair draws lol.
It's funny you say that because I was the same and then someone on LU forums or facebook said something along the lines of NRL decide who wins and who loses every match and I was like what is this conspiracy BS there's no way they would be able to do that...

From that point on I became more aware of the referees and it has basically ruined my NRL experience. I say NRL because other versions of the code are still enjoyable

It's funny you say that because I was the same and then someone on LU forums or facebook said something along the lines of NRL decide who wins and who loses every match and I was like what is this conspiracy BS there's no way they would be able to do that...

From that point on I became more aware of the referees and it has basically ruined my NRL experience. I say NRL because other versions of the code are still enjoyable
It 100% happens and not just NRL.
I was talking about this with a mate of mine who was a sports trainer for the AFL umpires and he would be in the sheds with the umpires at half time and the conversations were pretty much this... "so Collingwood have been penalised a fair bit that half so let's look extra hard at Sydney this half and try and even things out", "look for so and so who's always hanging on" or whatever.
It's horse shit, but this is how they are instructed to do their job. How many outcomes could have been different had momentum not been changed through a couple of strategic penalties?
I love NRL nearly more than life itself but this part of the show is eating away at me.

1st on the ladder is anyones Cameron Smith gone for min 4-6 weeks for pec strain maybe more depending on scans

Active Now

• Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Waynesaurus
  • upthebroncs
  • Sproj
  • Swordfish
  • johnny plath
  • Redfern_1980
  • cento
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.