Broncos' nightmare run home

1st on the ladder is anyones Cameron Smith gone for min 4-6 weeks for pec strain maybe more depending on scans

Slater knocked out tonight as well. Storm overall were really poor tonight. Cronk wasn't himself. Could a slump be on the cards?

The Melbourne injuries aren't good for us. They're highly unlikely to be displaced from the top spot on the ladder.

They play Manly, Cowboys, and Roosters the next 3 weeks. All teams competing with us for 2nd place on the ladder. We want the storm to smash them.

The Melbourne injuries aren't good for us. They're highly unlikely to be displaced from the top spot on the ladder.

They play Manly, Cowboys, and Roosters the next 3 weeks. All teams competing with us for 2nd place on the ladder. We want the storm to smash them.
Well if the Storm finish 5th, they may just get knocked out first week of the finals.

It 100% happens and not just NRL.
I was talking about this with a mate of mine who was a sports trainer for the AFL umpires and he would be in the sheds with the umpires at half time and the conversations were pretty much this... "so Collingwood have been penalised a fair bit that half so let's look extra hard at Sydney this half and try and even things out", "look for so and so who's always hanging on" or whatever.
It's horse shit, but this is how they are instructed to do their job. How many outcomes could have been different had momentum not been changed through a couple of strategic penalties?
I love NRL nearly more than life itself but this part of the show is eating away at me.

Weren't the NRL refs busted with this years ago? The would talk over the Comms and ask something like, "how's Pete going?" . That wasn't the name, but it was a guys name and they were discretely trying to get the penalty count. Now if you were calling it as you see it during play, why the **** is the penalty count at half time relevant?

Weren't the NRL refs busted with this years ago? The would talk over the Comms and ask something like, "how's Pete going?" . That wasn't the name, but it was a guys name and they were discretely trying to get the penalty count. Now if you were calling it as you see it during play, why the **** is the penalty count at half time relevant?
Trent

Oh....

Can we dare to believe that we are gonna win that game then? Surely we should win. What an embarrassment if they've still got our number without JT.

I like how this year is shaping up. If Melbourne get knocked out we'll be more than good chance.

It's our turn to win the thing anyway isn't it NRL?

Lol, ya know before I joined this forum I never thought that the NRL and the refs may be corrupt. That would just be crazy... But after reading about it on here for the last 6 months and watching the refs even out games with unfair penalties and what not - I have no doubt that it is corrupt in a few ways. It's like WWE wrestling.

So anyway, when is it our year for leg ups? Or Parramattas for that matter? definitely never.

Ya gotta be dam good to beat the refs and unfair draws lol.

fixed

How do we have a nightmare run home, I think we have a great run home. We have been strong over the eels lately and they have been injury prone this year and radradra's head is already overseas. Gold Coast have been leaking points like there's no tomorrow. Dragons are now on a slope with no signs of slowing down. Then there's no Jt and now possibly no Maloney, so I see no reason we can't we each game going into the finals.

How do we have a nightmare run home, I think we have a great run home. We have been strong over the eels lately and they have been injury prone this year and radradra's head is already overseas. Gold Coast have been leaking points like there's no tomorrow. Dragons are now on a slope with no signs of slowing down. Then there's no Jt and now possibly no Maloney, so I see no reason we can't we each game going into the finals.
Stop this common sense talk...don't you know the league is rigged and it's all the nrls fault we havent win shit for 10 seasons...nothing to do with our poor coaching or recrutment and development. Im sure it doesn't affect the team but the sooner we harden the **** up and get mentally tough and address our flaws the sooner well get back to our rightful place as the nrl power house.

Stop this common sense talk...don't you know the league is rigged and it's all the nrls fault we havent win shit for 10 seasons...nothing to do with our poor coaching or recrutment and development. Im sure it doesn't affect the team but the sooner we harden the **** up and get mentally tough and address our flaws the sooner well get back to our rightful place as the nrl power house.
As much as I want to disagree with this, you're not far off the money I think.

Well said and pretty much word for word the frustration most fans feel.

But, but, but..... Melbourne wouldn't win anymore....

Warren Smith nails the corner that the NRL has put their referees into with the below article.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/op...b/news-story/97cea0df8e3695f6d4a4a8e2a2a79628
Well said sir.

The wrestle would not have happened in the 90s because teams would have been penalised out of games.

My fave is taking the tap with a bloke offside. The rules say it's a scrum and the other team gets the ball.

Simple.

Someone might explain where the rules say that the ref gets a discretion about the rules? Simple. He doesn't.

Just ref the fucking rules. Stop worrying about the 'flow' of the game. That's not your job.

I agree. The fascination with speeding the game up has turned the game into an ugly mess. Playing the ball with your foot and walking off the mark have gotten out of control this year.

Holding the play up if a player is offside is acceptable to me. It doesn't impinge either side too much, doesn't impact on the flow of the game (its already stopped), and the offensive team is hurt by the hold up enough not to make a habit of it. Its in the same basket as simultaneous tackle/offload calls as sensible refereeing. The others though (tackle infringements, poor play-the-balls, offsides etc should be called as they are seen.
I would like to see some simplifications to the rules to make refereeing easier. Kicks and players playing/not playing are a minefield. Make it No tackle restarts until a team take a grip of the ball (in hand). Treat everything else like a charge down, minus the restart. Makes kicking a lot harder, but makes passing a more attractive option. A knock-on attaining possession remains that, just charge downs/kicks that hit shins of opponents etc, wouldn't restart the count.

Active Now

• john1420
  • Santa
  • Bucking Beads
  • bb_gun
  • Xzei
  • kman
  • johnny plath
  • Big Del
  • Mr Fourex
  • Culhwch
  • Payneinthehaas
  • Financeguy
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Dexter
  • IceWorks
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.