Broncos NYC 2014

Will Brimson has been going well for Wynnum. Wynnum didn't start the year well but he's been good. Hodges has had a bit to do with him through his work at Wynnum.

Has Brimson been playing ISC for Wynnum or one of their lower grades like colts

Will Brimson has been going well for Wynnum. Wynnum didn't start the year well but he's been good. Hodges has had a bit to do with him through his work at Wynnum.

He is a great player but bringing a young half into a team that has been struggling in that department isn't a good idea, makes it worse because he will be going from MM cup which is a slower game to a much faster more physical. I think it's a wrong move by the coach IMO.

Also on another note, I have been watching players that have left the broncos because the club released them. Such as jarryd Dodd, josh birch, Jacob gagai and Harry pondekas. Well, couldn't they use a few of those players back. Pondekas each week is playing an 80 minute game on the edge and scoring a try in each game. Also seen that he is a goal kicker. Why do clubs get rid of players with so much potential. I am very eager to hear the results of round 7 broncos vs knights because it's going to be a cracker.

I think Brimson will do o'k this weekend, it is a fair step up from mm to nyc but one thing is for certain... He will put his body on the line. I am concerned with the forward pack though as they are lacking real go forward and strike power, adams hasn't come on this year, rockley is average at best, offahengaue was tipped to do big things but for a guy his size he lacks real punch, conviction and power, barr and gee aren't much to go on either. Arrow and lee are definitely the pick of the pack.

Birch, Gagai and Pondekas have been killing it for the knights 20's. Pondekas has now scored 3 tries in 4 games for his new club and after reading the knights reports the club is over the moon with him and have pre positioned fans as one to watch as a future first grader. I cant tell you why these kids are no longer at the club, birch and gagai have been gone for a year or so now. Totally confused why birch is no longer there, he dominated junior reps etc, gagai was really starting to come good as a 15/16yr old ( I assume he followed his brother to the knights.) Pondekas is the most confusing out of all of them, he was a standout all through junior footy and dominated the trials for the broncos at the beginning of the season.... He is a point scorer, which is something definitely missing at the club across all grades. I doubt in years gone past the club would have lost these kids, questions need to be asked of the current coaching squad and recruitment of the kids coming through....

Gee, would have liked a bit more of that on Friday.

In saying that, I heard so much about that try that I thought it was something absolutely freakish, in the end, still a good try but some fairly soft defence outside of that sick Cann esque step.

If it's all the same with you guys, could we leave the lamenting for the loss of Pondekas for another thread? There is the NYC 2014 thread over in League general and if you want to level his loss against the recruitment, there is the Sack Griffin thread.

Not too much point writing too much because all anyone will read is five tries to Nikorimas.

Great night though and good comeback from the last two weeks.

Lots of errors but most pleasing thing was they got in front and kept it. Started both halves slowly.

Last edited:
Not too much point writing too much because all anyone will read is five tries to Nikorimas.

Great night though and good comeback from the last two weeks.

Lots of errors but most pleasing thing was they got in front and kept it. Started both halves slowly.

How was Brimson?

How was Brimson?
He went pretty well for his first game in the 20's. Scored a try, kicked well and didn't look out of place in the grade. Not afraid to tackle either, and very good goal kicking boot.

BRONCOS NYC Round 7 TEAM
1 Kodi Nikorima
2 Elijah Alick
3 Jordan Drew
4 Jack Tuttle
5 Tom Opacic
6 Jayden Nikorima
7 Will Brimson
8 Aaron Rockley
9 Jayden Berrell
10 Joe Ofahengaue
11 Ajuma Adams
12 Brett Greinke
13 Jai Arrow
Interchange
14 Brandon Lee
15 Alex Barr
16 Sam Gee
17 George Fai

No changes.

Knights at home is going to be a tough prospect. Arguably the form team of the competition and for mine the best NYC squad they've had period. Will be a big test for the boys, all I can say is I hope it's better than the corresponding game from last year, that was an absolute shocker from the Broncos.

Also, I'm sure most of you hard this but fullback Paul Byrnes made his ISC debut and managed to nab himself a try. [MENTION=8272]1910[/MENTION] might be able to answer this for me - was it a promotion from the Broncos or just a case of the Dolphins deciding to blood him from Colts (ala Mitchell Moore).

BRONCOS NYC Round 7 TEAM
1 Kodi Nikorima
2 Elijah Alick
3 Jordan Drew
4 Jack Tuttle
5 Tom Opacic
6 Jayden Nikorima
7 Will Brimson
8 Aaron Rockley
9 Jayden Berrell
10 Joe Ofahengaue
11 Ajuma Adams
12 Brett Greinke
13 Jai Arrow
Interchange
14 Brandon Lee
15 Alex Barr
16 Sam Gee
17 George Fai

No changes.

Knights at home is going to be a tough prospect. Arguably the form team of the competition and for mine the best NYC squad they've had period. Will be a big test for the boys, all I can say is I hope it's better than the corresponding game from last year, that was an absolute shocker from the Broncos.

Also, I'm sure most of you hard this but fullback Paul Byrnes made his ISC debut and managed to nab himself a try. @1910 might be able to answer this for me - was it a promotion from the Broncos or just a case of the Dolphins deciding to blood him from Colts (ala Mitchell Moore).

Broncos moved him to the ISC.

Well that wasn't easy to take, very poor to allow those two tries and they were soft. The one just on half time hurt too.

J.Nikormia haul was great and his goal kicking was excellent. The second try he scored was class. Berrell was strong.

Boys were upbeat after the game about getting a draw with the top of the table but should of won.

While on it- Dalton is very happy with Paia'Aua, Capras had their first win on Thursday night and Duncan was excellent.

While on it- Dalton is very happy with Paia'Aua, Capras had their first win on Thursday night and Duncan was excellent.

Glad to hear that Paia'Aua has been good, if it continues, hopefully he gets a run with the NRL team soon.

I know it's only NYC, but I seem to see Jayden's name on the scorers sheet basically every week, the kid knows how to find the try line.

Active Now

• Pablo
  • NSW stables
  • OnToSomething
  • Hurrijo
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Rambstien
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Allo
  • xilliun
  • Battler
  • bb_gun
  • mrslong
  • Santa
  • FACTHUNT
  • Sproj
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.