Broncos NYC 2014

The cowboys were very soft up the middle and our props were killing it, they be playing nrl sooner or later very good win by them

I will reserve judgement on J Nikorima until I see him play a bit more. He was definitely everywhere and defended pretty well against much larger players but he seemed to run too much himself and also put so many kicks through for guess who himself. I want to see more of a team game from him.
I thought Joey O and Barr had strong second halves. Was disappointed with Tuttle's game but Opacic looked solid again replacing Drew in the centres
As 1910 said first half had soft tries let in by both teams and the Broncos dropped off at the end of the match. It actually looked like the Cowboys had grease on their hands, so many fumbles trying to pick balls up

Last edited:
yeah mate, they see jayden as a future 9... He may fill a gap in the halves short term, however long term the club see him as the 9. Would have been a perfect follow up if they had secured smith, cause by the time smith finsihed jayden would be around 21 or so.

Jayden at 9 makes no sense at all.

Jayden at 9 makes no sense at all.

im not sure the reasoning behind it, but maybe they could be looking for a really dynamic option out of there as the kid is quick on his feet. Who knows though what will happen. One thing is for certain, jayden needs to work on his kicking game, there is no doubting his attacking prowess, however last tackle options leave a bit to be desired still. Size may also be a factor???

They might consider one of the other halves better in the seven

From what I've seen, he's the best prospect we have coming through, even ahead of Taylor and Paia'aua. Sure, he's a bit bigger than those two, and hooker doesn't necessarily have to be that big, but he has so much upside in the halves or even at FB, that I can't fathom "wasting" him in the 9...

From what I've seen, he's the best prospect we have coming through, even ahead of Taylor and Paia'aua. Sure, he's a bit bigger than those two, and hooker doesn't necessarily have to be that big, but he has so much upside in the halves or even at FB, that I can't fathom "wasting" him in the 9...

He is smaller than those two.

K. Nikorima will be out for a while it looks like.

Broncos NYC Team
1 Paul Byrnes
2 Tom Opacic
3 Jordan Drew
4 Jack Tuttle
5 Elijah Alick
6 Duncan Paia’aua
7 Kodi Nikorima
8 Francis Molo
9 Jayden Berrell
10 Joe Ofahengaue
11 Brendon McBryde
12 Ajuma Adams
13 Jai Arrow
Interchange
14 Brandon Lee
15 Aaron Rockley
16 Sam Gee
17 Alex Barr
Coach Craig Hodges

Kodi Nikorima Returns - Broncos

Where did Jayden Nikorima go? Is he injured?

Been rubbed out for a week due to a dangerous contact charge.

Captain Greinke will also miss this week's game due to a knee injury. He'll be back for the Dragons game the week after.

Good to see Kodi, Adams & Drew back.

Suspended for a week.

Hey fellas, just wondering if any of you knew how the Broncos backline ran out last round? Kodi Nikorima was out yes?

Indeed.

According to Tony Webeck on Twitter they lined up as...

2. Paul Byrnes
18. Tom Opacic (Unsure on actual number)
3. Junior Tafu
4. Jack Tuttle
5. Elijah Alick
6. Duncan Paia'Aua
1. Jayden Nikorima

Hope that helps mate, really appreciate your coverage of the NYC

Thanks heaps! On the team and the kind words.

The numbers are fine, just needed the players. Again, thanks.

Great win last night, boys just dominated the whole night from the fourth minute. Hastings threw up a few danger plays but they handled it well. Opacic was strong.

Win over the Roosters was a dominate team performance. Everyone played well.
Berrell and Lee controlled the middle in attack while Paia'aua just controlled the whole game so well. The organiser we need in 1st grade.
Byrnes was busy at fullback and as 1910 said Opacic was strong but he is every week

Active Now

• bert_lifts
  • Broncs1459
  • ostin86
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.