Broncos NYC 2014

Cheers. I hope they move him in the halves soon. He has to get used to tackling a few big boys if he is going to make it. I feel it does rob the chances of a genuine young fullback at the club though.

I don't see the need to rush him into the halves in the NYC just yet, defensively there's nothing to be gained from it in a competition where defense is by and large last in the scheme of the things, defense better taught when his older in the Queensland Cup.

Nikorima is a half but if he's going to be called into first grade, I believe his best chances would be at fullback, so why not groom him there?

Hopefully he has a better stint than his brother who was afforded the same opportunity last year.

Nikorima is a half but if he's going to be called into first grade, I believe his best chances would be at fullback, so why not groom him there?

Hopefully he has a better stint than his brother who was afforded the same opportunity last year.

Are you saying you think Nikorima will end up being a fullback instead of a genuine half? Jayden is obviously years away though. Only 17 isn't he?

He'd be a depth option at this stage, especially with Barba + Hoffman ahead of him but he has the potential down the road to be well in the mix.

The guy has only made his NYC debut so a lot can and will change between now and then. Just pointing out there's some merit in blooding him at fullback. I feel for Byrnes who has plenty of good qualities but I'm willing to give Jayden the opportunity because I recognise he has more upside.

So who are our young halves coming through. I did see some talk that we have some good ones on the younger side but are very highly rated?

We've got an abundance at the moment.

Ash Taylor
Duncan Paia'Aua
Kodi Nikorima

Young Will Brimson was also impressive in the trials. Will be interesting to see if he gets a shot.

Jayden is just filling in at the moment so he can get exposure. The club have him earmarked to play 9 in his nrl career. He is still a few years away but the plan is for him to push mcullough out.

As for the future halves, Brimson is the best coming through.... Only 18 this year, but if the club develops him in the right way and don't leave him playing meninga & colts he will super seed kodi & pai'uaia. He has brilliant vision and isn't afraid to play off the cuff.

Berrell continues to impress me on and off the field. He'll have another big game tomorrow night.
I've been giving that kid wraps since his time at Runaway Bay... he's not a very flashy player, but he's going places!

Jayden is just filling in at the moment so he can get exposure. The club have him earmarked to play 9 in his nrl career. He is still a few years away but the plan is for him to push mcullough out.

As for the future halves, Brimson is the best coming through.... Only 18 this year, but if the club develops him in the right way and don't leave him playing meninga & colts he will super seed kodi & pai'uaia. He has brilliant vision and isn't afraid to play off the cuff.

Really? That's the plan for Jayden is to macca out? Macca is like 25 or something so they envisage developing a kid that I have heard talked up by many better judges than myself as a half as a hooker so they can push out a 28 year old macca?

Ok.

Sounds like the young guys really stuck it to them. I'd love to see them sometime, but I'd have a hard time convincing the wife to commit to 4hrs of footy haha.

They started well last night, scored in the first 7 minutes then again Greinke scored again two minutes later. It was the opposite of last week.

Nikorima was all over the field, he played well.

Goal line defence wasn't great, allowed a couple of really soft tries and they clocked off right on the bell.

They started well last night, scored in the first 7 minutes then again Greinke scored again two minutes later. It was the opposite of last week.

Nikorima was all over the field, he played well.

Goal line defence wasn't great, allowed a couple of really soft tries and they clocked off right on the bell.
I only saw the second half, but agree with the assessment. Jayden was everywhere and really dominated, albeit pushing it a bit too much at times. His kicking game would be really handy for the FG team...

Active Now

• ChewThePhatt
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.