Broncos NYC 2014

You must be delirious 1910 they beat the 13th placed team on the ladder...

Get over yourself, a win is a win.

Going by 1910's other posts he would be talking about the way the team played and the performances of individuals, not just the result.

By the way what was the 'big news' about to explode from the u20's?!?

This whole dick measuring contest about who thinks the have more insider knowledge is getting tiresome.
[MENTION=8272]1910[/MENTION] thanks for the insights again, for someone that unfortunately doesn't get to see much NYC or ISC I appreciate it, good to hear duncan continues to improve

Get over yourself, a win is a win.

Going by 1910's other posts he would be talking about the way the team played and the performances of individuals, not just the result.

By the way what was the 'big news' about to explode from the u20's?!?

This whole dick measuring contest about who thinks the have more insider knowledge is getting tiresome.
@1910 thanks for the insights again, for someone that unfortunately doesn't get to see much NYC or ISC I appreciate it, good to hear duncan continues to improve

100%. As a Broncos fan, I appreciate the insight, especially into ISC/NYC players/games that I don't get to watch! I love reading about the young kids we have coming through!

Broncos Website said:
PROSPECT Ashley Taylor will play his first game in over 12 months for the NRMA Insurance Broncos under 20s this Friday night.
The talented back has dealt with a shoulder reconstruction that he re-injured in the pre-season.
It has been a frustrating wait for the 19-year-old that will come to an end against the Titans at Suncorp Stadium.
And his coach Craig Hodges is keen to see him run out.
"We are pretty excited to see what he can do," said Hodges.
"I am really happy to see him back playing footy again because it has been a long wait."
Taylor can play in the halves or at fullback, and it is in the custodian's role that he will make his return.
"We will start him out at fullback because we think he has got something to offer from there," said Hodges.
"We will see where he progresses from there.
Brandon Lee returns from a knee injury at lock, while Alex Barr and Lindsay Collins have been promoted to the starting pack.

BRONCOS NYC TEAM
1 Ashley Taylor
2 Elijah Alick
3 Junior Taefu
4 Jack Tuttle
5 Tom Opacic
6 Jayden Nikorima
7 Duncan Paia’aua
8 Lindsay Collins
9 Jayden Berrell
10 Aaron Rockley
11 Alex Barr
12 Brett Greinke
13 Brandon Lee
Interchange
14 Jai Arrow
15 Francis Molo
16 Joe Ofahengaue
17 Ajuma Adams
18 Sam Gee
Coach Craig Hodges

Great news

Hopefully Ash plays well, pretty odd that they're starting him at fullback, that's just what we need coming through the system, another fullback.

Odd yeah, but not overly shocking.

Hodges has played both Nikorima brothers back there and the NYC side generally relies heavily on the second man play, so Taylor fits into that role nicely.

Hopefully it is just a short term solution and one of the halves can be promoted to the ISC.

I like the team, looks like Hodges is rewarding form and not reputation.

Might be just to ease him back in. I reckon Nikorama might play a bit of fullback at some point in the game

Good win, at 16-16 thought they lost the feel for the game a bit but they held on. Taylor got through.

Anyone know how Ash Taylor's comeback went?

Anyone know how Ash Taylor's comeback went?

ash was solid, and will only get better over the next month or so with more games under his belt... Tricky part will be how Jayden and ash combine.... both love to play all out attacking off the cuff footy..

ash was solid, and will only get better over the next month or so with more games under his belt... Tricky part will be how Jayden and ash combine.... both love to play all out attacking off the cuff footy..

Thanks for the info. Much appreciated. Where will he play when Milford arrives? Probably another club or bench hooker

Thanks for the info. Much appreciated. Where will he play when Milford arrives? Probably another club or bench hooker

I assume he'll play ISC until he gets an opportunity, whether it's at the Broncos or at another club, he only just turned 19.

I assume he'll play ISC until he gets an opportunity, whether it's at the Broncos or at another club, he only just turned 19.

I guess so, but with Barba and Milford here, he won't get a go at the Broncos.

Lockyer was 19, and if Taylor is as much a talent as other 19 years olds playing in the NRL at the moment, even if he's not ready till next season, we will lose him, along with all our other young talent.

Meanwhile, we always have Hoffman. Phew!

Last edited:
I guess so, but with Barba and Milford here, he won't get a go at the Broncos.

Lockyer was 19, and if Taylor is as much a talent as other 19 years olds playing in the NRL at the moment, even if he's not ready till next season, we will lose him, along with all our other young talent.

Meanwhile, we always have Hoffman. Phew!

You realise he's signed until the end of the 2016 season, right? Perfect timing, he'll be starting to come into his prime and we'll be able to make the call on whether he's better than any of our current spine and act accordingly.

You realise he's signed until the end of the 2016 season, right? Perfect timing, he'll be starting to come into his prime and we'll be able to make the call on whether he's better than any of our current spine and act accordingly.

Exactly. Why would you rush the kid in when you don't have to.

We look to finally have some depth in the halves over the next few years, like every other club, and it's like the sky is falling

Not sure where ash will play when milford arrives. It will depend on a few things... those being the coach, jayden nikorima, ben hunt and ben barba. Ash has a standard contract so unless another club comes in with big cash and a certain starting gig he will prob sit for a while in 20's and isc ( he is only 19 this year) IMO, hunt will be the first moved on should jayden or ash come through.

Not sure where ash will play when milford arrives. It will depend on a few things... those being the coach, jayden nikorima, ben hunt and ben barba. Ash has a standard contract so unless another club comes in with big cash and a certain starting gig he will prob sit for a while in 20's and isc ( he is only 19 this year) IMO, hunt will be the first moved on should jayden or ash come through.

Are Taylor and Nikorima likely to come through and play rep and be better than Hunt?

Moving Hunt to make room for anyone would be a massive mistake by the club. He'll be one of the best Halfbacks in the game in 2 or 3 years.

This

Active Now

• Bucking Beads
  • porouian
  • Wild Horse
  • GCBRONCO
  • MrRobot
  • Xzei
  • Wolfie
  • broncsgoat
  • BruiserMk1
  • Sproj
  • Tim K
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Scdeac
  • Hoof Hearted
  • Rough and Ready
  • Gaz
  • Dexter
  • Purple Pills
  • Skyblues87
  • TwoLeftFeet
... and 12 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.