Broncos NYC 2014

Are Taylor and Nikorima likely to come through and play rep and be better than Hunt?

Jayden is the one the club has the highest opinion of, its hard to compare different years and players but where Jayden is now is far advanced than Hunt, ash, duncan at the same age.

I dont know who will go where or accommodate for who, thats where the whole coaching thing will come into play, griffin loves hunt so he will survive for the time being but if a new coach arrives it could well be a different story.. You will have in 2015, hunt, barba, hoffman, milford, strasser, kahu, taylor, jayden so there are quite a few names there that dont exaclty fit into 3 positions. The big factor will be barba...............................................................

Jayden is the one the club has the highest opinion of, its hard to compare different years and players but where Jayden is now is far advanced than Hunt, ash, duncan at the same age.

I dont know who will go where or accommodate for who, thats where the whole coaching thing will come into play, griffin loves hunt so he will survive for the time being but if a new coach arrives it could well be a different story.. You will have in 2015, hunt, barba, hoffman, milford, strasser, kahu, taylor, jayden so there are quite a few names there that dont exaclty fit into 3 positions. The big factor will be barba...............................................................

Jikorima won't be displacing Hunt next year, he will only just be eligible to play NRL then.

Exactly. Why would you rush the kid in when you don't have to.

We look to finally have some depth in the halves over the next few years, like every other club, and it's like the sky is falling

No doubt the Bulldogs and Raiders felt the same ... about the sky falling.

As for NRL contracts, HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

With Hunt and Milford in the halves next year we should be happy to see the likes of Taylor and Nikorima get some quality development into them at Q cup level. When they are carving up Q cup and we need a half then they can be selected. No need to rush them if we don't need to.

With Hunt and Milford in the halves next year we should be happy to see the likes of Taylor and Nikorima get some quality development into them at Q cup level. When they are carving up Q cup and we need a half then they can be selected. No need to rush them if we don't need to.

The tricky thing with playing these kids in nyc and isc will be there earning power... Other clubs will be in the mix to pay top dollar's and play them in the nrl, the broncos might be reluctant to do so however as we all know there is a serious shortage of quality halves in the game.

The tricky thing with playing these kids in nyc and isc will be there earning power... Other clubs will be in the mix to pay top dollar's and play them in the nrl, the broncos might be reluctant to do so however as we all know there is a serious shortage of quality halves in the game.

Cross that bridge when we get to it I think. They still have a fair bit of development ahead of them to be NRL ready at this stage.

Cross that bridge when we get to it I think. They still have a fair bit of development ahead of them to be NRL ready at this stage.

Maybe the problems we are seeing at the Broncos this year is that bridges weren't crossed when they should have been

Broncos' less than perfectly behaved players will get their spot back this week. Lesson learnt.

Brisbane Broncos name a strong line-up for Tigers

1. Kodi Nikorima
2. Junior Taefu
3. Jordan Drew
4. Jack Tuttle
5. Tom Opacic
6. Duncan Paia'Aua
7. Ash Taylor
8. Francis Molo
9. Jayden Berrell
10. Lindsay Collins
11. Alex Barr
12. Brett Greinke (c)
13. Jai Arrow

14. Brandon Lee
15. Aaron Rockley
16. Joe Ofahengaue
17. Ajuma Adams

Jayden out with an ankle injury.

Unsure what's happened with Alick.

Last edited:
Was Kodi terrible in the QLD Cup or was it just a temporary thing?

Unsure what the deal was behind his promotion. Whether it was through injuries or whatever but I get the impression that the Broncos called him back to replace his brother.

Came up with some nice individual efforts against the Hunters, scoring a double and was a bit unlucky to concede one.

Unfortunately, don't think he's talented enough to make up for his defence which is just a joke.

Was Kodi terrible in the QLD Cup or was it just a temporary thing?

They're always temporary, give them a run and help their development. Nikorima wasn't terrible at all against the Hunters, defence needs a bit of work still but they're big mobile guys at the Hunters and he'll have to dust himself off again. Norths also have the bye this week so no point keeping him out.

Byrnes had a go on Sunday and did really well in the ISC. Both he and Opacic have been outstanding this year.

I wonder what our NYC 1, 6, 7 would be if we made the Grand Final

1. J.Nikorima
6. K.Nikorima
7. Taylor

Or would Duncan be ahead of Kodi at Five-Eighth

Any players have a chance of playing first grade this year?

I just checked the results. The boys looked like they were on the end of a good old fashion hiding. Does anyone have any stats? No jayden and frank so that's a big hole, but the tigers were missing a few big names as well I noticed.

I watched Toowoomba v Wynnum Colts on the weekend, Wynnum rolled them 78-4... (Toowoomba are bottom of the table). Elijah Alick came out and played fullback even though he wasnt on the team sheet. He was actively involved, scored a try, broke the first tackle always and made a few half breaks. Was clearly a standout at this level. He hasn't shined in the Holden Cup yet really... and really doesnt get much involvement from the wing. (Also George Fai was dominating, scored an amazing individual try beating 6 defenders on a 60m+ run, as well as providing offloads all day for Wynnum tries)

A qrl.com article about the state championships mentioned Jayden Nikorima had a torn ACL, so he might be done for the season?!

Active Now

• Johnny92
  • broncsgoat
  • Aldo
  • winslow_wong
  • marw
  • Bucking Beads
  • Allo
  • Fitzy
  • Shane Tronc
  • Scorchie
  • broncotville
  • porouian
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Wild Horse
  • GCBRONCO
  • MrRobot
  • Xzei
  • Wolfie
  • BruiserMk1
  • Sproj
... and 14 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.