Broncos NYC 2014

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
Good recovery last night, looked touch and go for a while.

Tough games, boys are a bit busted.

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Corey Oates will be on many teams radars

Potentially the next Gene Miles should be wearing Broncos colours for the foreseeable future. He and Copley ( maybe the next Pearl) would make a killer centre pairing.

Last edited:
Danoz Direct

Danoz Direct

NRL Captain
Oct 12, 2013
Potentially the next Gene Miles should be wearing Broncos colours for the foreseeable future. He and Copley ( maybe the next Pearl) would make a killer centre pairing.

I still see him as a back rower...

T

talanoa

NRL Player
Jan 16, 2014
Molo out indefinitely, full shoulder reconstruction today. Hopefully all goes ok to get him up and going for round 1 next year.

W

Wiz kid

Apr 27, 2014
Thoughts on Jordan Drew as a 1st grade Centre for the Broncos?

Have been impressed from what Ive seen in NYC. Now that Copley has a mortgage on 1 centre position for the future it seems, what is the pathway for Drew? Has he played ISC? Is he in the long term plans?

Oates for mine will be in the backrow. I can foresee Reed and Maranta looking elsewhere... Drew has speed, footwork and looks to have a higher ceiling than Maranta

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
I've been very impressed with Drew and think he's got a future in first grade.

The only thing that's really held him back in 2014 is his body. He can't stay fit and so it seems every odd game he's out with some minor injury for a couple of weeks.

Hopefully he gets through that because he could be a bolter next season.

I just hope Wayne doesn't do what every NRL coach does and bring him in as a winger because he isn't one and if he does play first grade, it has to be at centre. The odd game when we're down on troops? Ehhh, not preferable but he can certainly do a job for a game or two.

I don't believe he's played any ISC this season. He should have but for whatever reason, hasn't been given that opportunity.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
Thoughts on Jordan Drew as a 1st grade Centre for the Broncos?

Have been impressed from what Ive seen in NYC. Now that Copley has a mortgage on 1 centre position for the future it seems, what is the pathway for Drew? Has he played ISC? Is he in the long term plans?

Oates for mine will be in the backrow. I can foresee Reed and Maranta looking elsewhere... Drew has speed, footwork and looks to have a higher ceiling than Maranta

I would prefer Drew played a season or two in the ISC to help improve his defense before playing in first grade again.

His defense against the Dragons was average at best.

He is a good option to have, though. I would prefer the Broncos keep him around. I see him as a good option for us in the next couple of years.

Last edited:
Brett

Brett

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jul 27, 2013
Drew looks a class above the rest in NYC, IMO. He's a future first grader for sure. I think he'll get a full season in ISC next year.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Drew looks a class above the rest in NYC, IMO. He's a future first grader for sure. I think he'll get a full season in ISC next year.

Isn't he off contract though. Shame he is only pretty small for a centre.

Brett

Brett

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jul 27, 2013
Isn't he off contract though. Shame he is only pretty small for a centre.

Not sure on his contract status, I was more talking in relation to him needing a season before he slots into first grade.

He's not really that small, especially IRL. His bio says he's 6ft, 95kgs. Same size as Copley.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Not sure on his contract status, I was more talking in relation to him needing a season before he slots into first grade.

He's not really that small, especially IRL. His bio says he's 6ft, 95kgs. Same size as Copley.

ah true. Not sure why I thought he was small then. Copley is a unit. He certainly could do with some Intrust Super Cup under his belt.

Porthoz

Porthoz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Feb 27, 2010
Yeah, Drew is coming through in leaps and bounds... promising player. ISC will do him good.

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
I think Opacic has been the pick of the Broncos' outside backs this year. His improvement from his 17 games last year has been outstanding.

The Dogs should be having nightmares about him tonight.

Brett

Brett

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jul 27, 2013
I was 6ft once upon a time... I stood next to Copley earlier in the year and he monstered me... I had him pegged for being about 6'3"..?

Maybe I'm shrinking.

I was just going off his Bio (184cm = 6ft). He's likely taller and heavier IRL.

Active Now

• Aldo
  • Brocko
  • Wolfie
  • eazy-duzzit
  • broncotville
  • KickHaas
  • broncsgoat
  • Howie
  • Johnny92
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Volvo Driver
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Robboi_321
  • Broncos Maestro
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Nerd
  • Waynesaurus
  • Dash
  • Morkel
... and 38 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.