Broncos NYC 2014

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
I've been impressed with Tom too but I'm unsure where he stands as far as his future is concerned.

Only signed till the end of this season and it appears he'll be sticking with the Dolphins.

Wouldn't be against handing him a spot in the off-season. Could be a handy depth player and I like how busy he is - think he rakes up 125m per game?

Splinter

Splinter

NRL Player
Feb 16, 2013
I think Opacic has been the pick of the Broncos' outside backs this year. His improvement from his 17 games last year has been outstanding.

The Dogs should be having nightmares about him tonight.
I would rate Byrnes alongside him this year but in saying that I thought Opacic was as strong last year as well

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Game is underway at Redfern.

All locked up.

Try to Opacic for the Broncos.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
The Broncos have managed to clinch a dramatic 36-32 win after trailing 28-10 early in the second half.

Back to back tries from fullback Kodi Nikorima brought the Broncos back into the game late before a try to McBryde minutes before full-time sealed the win.

A real get out of jail performance from the Broncos.

Allo

Allo

International Rep
Forum Staff
Sep 28, 2012
I was just going off his Bio (184cm = 6ft). He's likely taller and heavier IRL.

I'm about 175-180cm on a good day and I walked past Jordan at Suncorp recently. I had to look up to him, probably a whole head taller and built as ****. Him and Coppers would be about the same I reckon

Brett

Brett

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jul 27, 2013
I'm about 175-180cm on a good day and I walked past Jordan at Suncorp recently. I had to look up to him, probably a whole head taller and built as ****. Him and Coppers would be about the same I reckon

Yeah, it's deceiving because on the field you wouldn't think Drew was that big.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
[h=1]Young Broncos In Super Comeback[/h]THE NRMA Insurance Broncos under 20s have come from 28-10 down to snatch a win over the Rabbitohs with a try in the last two minutes.

The win, which momentarily moves then into second spot on the ladder, ensures they will stay in the top four at the completion of the round.

The Broncos looked anything but impressive at Redfern Oval when they leaked four tries in a 12-minute period either side of halftime to be down by 18 points.

But a strong try to second rower Alex Barr with 27 minutes left kick started the Broncos’ momentum.

Jayden Berrell then bamboozled the South Sydney defence with a dummy and raced over with 15 minutes left to bring them within six, but they relaxed again.

The Rabbitohs pounced, scoring out wide to make it 32-22 with 13 minutes on the clock in what looked like a game sealer.

But Kodi Nikorima stepped up with two tries in two minutes to draw the match level at 32-all.

The first was a 50-metre break from an inside ball from Duncan Paia’aua, while the second Nikorima simply sped into a hole from close range with eight minutes left.

Both sides had their chance to go ahead, but it was big second rower Brendon McBryde who won it for the Broncos after sliding into a gap off an Ashley Taylor pass in the 78[SUP]th[/SUP] minute.

The Rabbitohs had a chance with a scrum on the Broncos’ 10-metre line with 10 seconds left, but the Broncos chased hard and nailed the tackle to win the game.

Earlier, the Broncos had scored first when Tom Opacic made a break with support on both sides but crashed over on his own anyway.

But the Rabbitohs hit back to make it 4-all after 20 minutes, the points fest that was to come not yet evident.

Broncos’ prop Joe Ofahengaue made it 10-4 when he crashed over next to the posts, but the Rabbitohs then went on their own scoring spree either side of halftime.

They ran in two tries in the seven minutes before halftime to make it 18-10 at the break, and then two more directly after to set up what looked an unsurmountable lead.

BRONCOS 36 (K Nikorima 2, T Opacic, J Ofahengaue, A Barr, J Berrell, B McBryde; D Paia’aua 3, J Nikorima goals) defeated RABBITOHS 32 at Redfern Oval.

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
Well done last night, first the comeback, then to score quick tries. Defence was an issue with some really bad misses from guys you wouldn't expect to miss tackles.

Ofahengaue's try was great strength.

Donald

Donald

QCup Player
Mar 25, 2013
Kodi cant be to far off playing 1st grade. Ive only watched one game of 20's this year and that was against the warriors. He was an absoulte class above the rest. It sounds like he is continuing to develop into a great player. Lets hope we can keep him....

Last edited:
Brett

Brett

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jul 27, 2013
**** I'm excited to watch our guys run around today.

With a win we can move into 2nd on the ladder, 1 point behind the Knights (other results may move us from 2nd). It will be a big ask. I watched the Knights U20's last week and they're a good team. I think we can do it.

H

HVbronco

NYC Player
Oct 30, 2013
Almost looking forward to this game more then the first grade game. Almost lol

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
Can someone post our lineup for this match plz

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
1. Kodi Nikorima
2. Paul Byrnes
3. Tom Opacic
4. Elijah Alick
5. Jack Tuttle
6. Jayden Nikorima
7. Ash Taylor
8. Brett Greinke (c)
9. Jayden Berrell
10. Joe Ofahengaue
11. Alex Barr
12. Brendon McBryde
13. Jai Arrow

14. Duncan Paia'Aua
15. Aaron Rockley
16. Ajuma Adams
17. Brandon Lee

Coach: Craig Hodges

Ari Gold

Ari Gold

Master Baiter
Contributor
Mar 13, 2008
That's not the team Pete. Jayden is on the bench and I think either Alick or Opacic is out.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Yeah, they just announced a few late changes but that was the team on Tuesday.

Unread

Active Now

• Santa
  • Organix
  • pennywisealfie
  • Mustafur
  • Foordy
  • ChewThePhatt
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.