Broncos NYC 2014

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
I think Ash Taylor was first grade standard today. He was superb. I like the look of George Fai as well. He looks promising.

Porthoz

Porthoz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Feb 27, 2010
I think Ash Taylor was first grade standard today. He was superb. I like the look of George Fai as well. He looks promising.
Yeah, agreed. Fai is a fucking big unit, isn't he?

Taylor is a full-blood halfback, one of the rare real ones. I wouldn't mind seeing him taking the 7 next season, and leave Hunt and Barba to fight it out for the 5/8 position.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Taylor looks a perfect partner for Hunt.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
George Fai is 18!! The kid will be a wrecking ball.

Porthoz

Porthoz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Feb 27, 2010
Berrell was also excellent today, his service from dummy half was half the work for the halves to do their magic. His stint on the bench coincided with the worst period of the Broncos (end of first and start of second halves).

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Brisbane have a couple of quality props coming through in Fai, Collins & Hipgrave.

Ofahengaue will be pushing for a spot next year. Still has areas of his game he needs to improve but has some good qualities too.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Rockley also looked like he goes ok. All we need to do now is develop some big fast wingers and a few goal kickers. Not much punch in our backrowers though.

Danoz Direct

Danoz Direct

NRL Captain
Oct 12, 2013
How did Grienke do sounded like he was doing a pretty good job.

Ari Gold

Ari Gold

Master Baiter
Contributor
Mar 13, 2008
Today was the first time I got a proper look at Ash Taylor all year. Suffice to say he was extremely impressive and makes me scratch my head when people say he wasn't ready to play this year instead of Hoffman.

Hopefully there'll be a place for Ash Taylor in our future.

Porthoz

Porthoz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Feb 27, 2010
Today was the first time I got a proper look at Ash Taylor all year. Suffice to say he was extremely impressive and makes me scratch my head when people say he wasn't ready to play this year instead of Hoffman.

Hopefully there'll be a place for Ash Taylor in our future.
Ash was injured for 2/3's of the season after shoulder surgery. I reckon he would have been a very good chance at the start of the season otherwise.

Jai Arrow deserves a shout as well, very good job at lock.

Last edited:
Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Difficult to play footy when you spend half the season recovering from a shoulder injury.

One of the biggest problems has been that he came onto the scene last year with plenty of promise, so much so the club placed a ton of faith in him signing him to a 3 year senior contract and then he was out for the rest of the year with the shoulder injury.

Then right before the trials he copped another serious shoulder injury.

Ari Gold

Ari Gold

Master Baiter
Contributor
Mar 13, 2008
One of the biggest problems has been that he came onto the scene last year with plenty of promise, so much so the club placed a ton of faith in him signing him to a 3 year senior contract and then he was out for the rest of the year with the shoulder injury.

The ironic thing is that now you have to question whether he even has a future in our team.

W

Wiz kid

Apr 27, 2014
Breaking News: Duncan Pau'auia (?) going to Queensland Reds next season

Side Note: Broncos NYC just got pumped 56-18 vs Dragons

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
That's a shame but can't keep them all.

Performance today was shocking. Defence was non-existent and the Dragons were just making yards at will. Too much class out-wide and much better defence too.

On the Broncos...

Tuttle scored a great try leaping for a cross-field kick. Plenty of traffic but somehow took a wonderful catch and came down with it for a try that kept the Broncos in reach.

They were looking good again when I believe it was Taylor who placed a short kick behind the line which forced a goal line drop out. Unfortunately, Ash got a little too impatient, put in a grubber kick that just rolled dead and that was the ball game.

Defensively, they just tore us to shreds on the fringes and as SF pointed out, got plenty of second phase going which guys like Clune, Duffty their big Fijian winger all took advantage of and I left just before it hit 50.

Hard to pick a stand out after a pumping like that.

Only thing I noticed is that George Fai got injured early into his stint. Got twisted in the tackle, tried to walk it off but the Dragons just took advantage of his injury and scored a pretty soft try to extend their lead.

ivanhungryjak

ivanhungryjak

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Sep 8, 2009
None of the broncos in u20's team of the year. What a load of rubbish dominated by Sydney clubs of course.
Disappointing. The only team in the top eight not to get a rep.

Active Now

• Tristan1990
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • john1420
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Sproj
  • Galah
  • bb_gun
  • The Strapper
  • MrTickyMcG
  • FACTHUNT
  • Manofoneway
  • Big Del
  • Redux
  • Skyblues87
  • Bucking Beads
  • theshed
  • Mightybroncs2k17
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.