Broncos NYC 2014

Young Broncos Shoot For Top Four

THE NRMA Insurance Broncos under 20s side are in line for a top-four finish as they prepare to head to Melbourne this week.

But they will face a motivated NYC Storm outfit, who themselves need to win if they are to have any hope of playing in the Under 20s Finals Series.

The Broncos’ disappointing loss to the Dragons last week looked like ending their Top Four aspirations until a couple of other results fell their way.

Losses to both the NYC Tigers and NYC Eels kept the young Broncos in fourth spot.

Now a win over the Storm will push them even higher, and cement a double chance in the finals.

The Storm currently sit in tenth position, but are equal on points with the seventh-placed Warriors. So Melbourne need a strong victory over the Broncos to hold any designs on qualifying for post regular season action.

The Broncos named an unchanged line-up today to the one that met the Dragons last week.
BRONCOS NYC UNDER 20s TEAM
1. Kodi Nikorima
2. Paul Byrnes
3. Tom Opacic
4. Alex Barr
5. Jack Tuttle
6. Duncan Paia’aua
7. Ashley Taylor
8. Aaron Rockley
9. Jayden Berrell
10. Joe Ofahengaue
11. Brett Greinke
12. Brendon McBryde
13. Jai Arrow
Interchange:
14. Elijah Alick
15. George Fai
16. Ajuma Adams
17. Brandon Lee
Coach: Craig Hodges

Last edited by a moderator:
It's disappointing but I can see their case.

At the start of the season, the Broncos only had two 'sure' things in Molo & Drew. Unfortunately, neither had great seasons leaving us with a bunch of guys who I'm sure were nominees but just didn't receive the nod for one reason or another.

I'm not a fan of the halves pairing nor replacement they chose as I don't think it best represents 2014 and think they got lazy naming Hutchinson in a position he never played at this level but outside of that, I don't think there's anything about this list that really speaks out.

Important game tonight.

Win, and the Broncos confirm their place in the Top 4 - lose and they'll likely have to play off in an elimination final.

Storm are desperate too, there's four teams competing for the last two spots in the bottom 8.

Regardless, all finals games will appear on FoxSports so it's a golden opportunity to keep an eye on the best and brightest coming through.

That was a complete shut out and pleasure to watch. Couldn't fault anyone, they're going into the finals in great shape.

Appreciate the vid, mate!

the broncos u20 finals match v eels has been moved to townsville to be played prior to the NRL

the game will be LIVE on foxsports at 5:15pm

well thats shite. what does it matter if it conflicts anyway? nine are showing the NRL... i wanted to watch the 20s on fox..

It was originally scheduled for Friday until Allianz ground staff kicked up a stink.

Broncos didn't mind either way - playing at 1300 Smiles restored their advantage.

So, this game isn't being shown on TV? Or it is, but on delay?

Edit: It's on at 1:30am tomorrow morning. Wtf?

Last edited:
So, this game isn't being shown on TV? Or it is, but on delay?

Edit: It's on at 1:30am tomorrow morning. Wtf?

Fox Sports would probably have some sort of contractual agreement with 9 not to show any live games when a Ch9 game is on. I'd assume the U20s game would be on before the Cowboys v Broncos game meaning it would clash with Roosters v Panthers.

my foxtel guide says there is a holden cup match at 1:30am on 501 but it doesnt say which game it is.

Fox Sports would probably have some sort of contractual agreement with 9 not to show any live games when a Ch9 game is on. I'd assume the U20s game would be on before the Cowboys v Broncos game meaning it would clash with Roosters v Panthers.

You would have to think so.

Back in the day, they used to spread all the four NYC games around as pre-game entertainment and the second Saturday game would always be relegated to the delayed replay.

Since the Broncos game was switched from Friday to Saturday, that's why it's been relegated.

IMO - the move helps the Broncos more than it hurts. Even though it sucks for us.

Active Now

• Old Mate
  • Johnny92
  • Harry Sack
  • Gaz
  • Justwin
  • Skathen
  • GCBRONCO
  • KickHaas
  • winslow_wong
  • BroncosAlways
  • Bucking Beads
  • Allo
  • Foordy
  • mitch222
  • Redux
  • TimWhatley
  • Xzei
  • Tmac
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.