Broncos pair cautioned by police

Nope...and i dont think its fair either, but i looks like its gonna be the price you have to pay in order to play in the nrl!
And that stinks...

I think the modern game needs to harden the farrk up a tad... Then no one would give a crap about who pissed where

I want them to have a beer, go out, socialize and interact...in other words do what I did...it's their right...if every now and then the beer goggles are on and you just can't get enough down your throat....so what..it's normal. That's exactly how I want my sporting 'heros''...I want them normal, like us...not for me the brash braggarts of American fame but genuine Aussies...warts and all ..replete with human failings.....and that's how I want them judged...not by some stupid unattainable ideal.

The real reason people want them to be judged by a different standard is amazingly simple but largely overlooked and it goes like this......a player presents and on occasion performs to high level, sometimes an incredible level and is duly lauded for his/her performance....we then do the weirdest thing of all !!...we (usually unconsciously ) accord them a status higher than our own...so seeing as they are 'higher/above us'' we expect a higher standard...afterall we are almost deifying them and consequently expect God-like performance not just in the sporting arena but strangest of all we think it should/must/have to extend into every aspect of life.

We create these rods for our own backs, we glorify them (check the religious connotation in the word glorify) so it's hardly surprising we attach this extra significance to these players.................all that extra weight players must bear and all at a tender age. We then castigate them when they fail OUR UNREALISTIC standards....and quite often for a pissy 100-200 thousand a year....and no crap about representing the club etc please...that in itself is just another burden these youngsters have to tote....and still some of us want blood.

Huge. said:
I want them to have a beer, go out, socialize and interact...in other words do what I did...it's their right...if every now and then the beer goggles are on and you just can't get enough down your throat....so what..it's normal. That's exactly how I want my sporting 'heros''...I want them normal, like us...not for me the brash braggarts of American fame but genuine Aussies...warts and all ..replete with human failings.....and that's how I want them judged...not by some stupid unattainable ideal.

The real reason people want them to be judged by a different standard is amazingly simple but largely overlooked and it goes like this......a player presents and on occasion performs to high level, sometimes an incredible level and is duly lauded for his/her performance....we then do the weirdest thing of all !!...we (usually unconsciously ) accord them a status higher than our own...so seeing as they are 'higher/above us'' we expect a higher standard...afterall we are almost deifying them and consequently expect God-like performance not just in the sporting arena but strangest of all we think it should/must/have to extend into every aspect of life.

We create these rods for our own backs, we glorify them (check the religious connotation in the word glorify) so it's hardly surprising we attach this extra significance to these players.................all that extra weight players must bear and all at a tender age. We then castigate them when they fail OUR UNREALISTIC standards....and quite often for a pissy 100-200 thousand a year....and no crap about representing the club etc please...that in itself is just another burden these youngsters have to tote....and still some of us want blood.

God has neither warts nor failings. [icon_shady

rissi_gurl said:
Nope...and i dont think its fair either, but i looks like its gonna be the price you have to pay in order to play in the nrl!

And the price the game, clubs and fans have to pay cause some of the players are fed up with the scrutiny and leaving

OXY-351 said:
[quote="rissi_gurl":2f2cysxt]Nope...and i dont think its fair either, but i looks like its gonna be the price you have to pay in order to play in the nrl!

And the price the game, clubs and fans have to pay cause some of the players are fed up with the scrutiny and leaving[/quote:2f2cysxt]

If you're in the public eye, then you're fair game. I think it's called ethical behaviour and accountability.

It's so important - especially with kids - our future - watching games and being exposed constantly to the media barrage.

Like it or not, it's reality - and Sport is a key Reality Show.

Far out there's a lot of alcoholics on this forum obsessed with protecting a bloke's right to write himself off.....

Apparently they become alcoholic judges or something.

Coxyz said:
Far out there's a lot of alcoholics on this forum obsessed with protecting a bloke's right to write himself off.....

It's a right of passage for a 20 year old!

Coxyz said:

Hardly. I think it's more protecting a blokes right to have some privacy and not be under scrutiny 24/7

If you want privacy, stay in private. In public nobody has a right to privacy. Someone could always be watching and nothing wrong with that.

Coxyz said:
If you want privacy, stay in private. In public nobody has a right to privacy. Someone could always be watching and nothing wrong with that.

Isn't this what you said word for word at your restraining order hearing with Danny Nutley?

No, what i said was his wheelie bin was on the foot path, which is public property, and thus his old underwear he was throwing out was fair game. Mick will send you the court transcript.

Coxyz said:
Absolutely. Who hasn't taken a piss in public? Hell, I'm pissing right now in front of my coworkers. And I might just go out and slap a car, right after I have a 3 way with the girl at the front desk in the toilets.

But nothing wrong with that. Everybody does it. In fact, so many people do it they have one of those number dispensing machines and you have to pick one and wait til your number is called...

You have a front desk in the toilets??? That must make greeting members of the public somewhat problematic. :mrgreen:

tumbleweed.gif

:P Hehe.

That would also be why you were pissing in front of the co-workers, no room in the toilet with the front desk in there. You really have a strange set up at work.

Active Now

• ivanhungryjak
  • Bucking Beads
  • Mighty Bronx
  • Fozz
  • Manofoneway
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.