Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Basically whole accepting the MOTM award he was told Wayne was watching and so he told Wayne to give him a run in first grade.
He should already be there... I'd certainly have him over Kodi.

He's been performing like this for a while at the Jets.

Yeah I don't think I could argue with giving Parcell a crack at bench hooker, he seems the goods.

IMO right wing for us is most important. Hodges creates so many half chances that a winger with pure speed would capitalise on. Oh Yow Yeh.

Was thinking about this the other day. Has there ever been a bigger potential/quality gap between a player and his 'career-ender' than JYY and Dylan fucking Farrell? I guess you could throw Locky v Kneale in there, but he was finishing up anyway.

Was thinking about this the other day. Has there ever been a bigger potential/quality gap between a player and his 'career-ender' than JYY and Dylan fucking Farrell? I guess you could throw Locky v Kneale in there, but he was finishing up anyway.

Yeah pretty spot on, and even though I know it's unfair to blame Farrell it just gives me yet another reason to hate souths. Long live the human highlights reel that is JYY

Ben Smith and Taniela Tuiaki

I have it on good authority that Thaiday will not be a bronco next year. We are also chasing a NZ backrower to replace him.

I have it on good authority that Thaiday will not be a bronco next year. We are also chasing a NZ backrower to replace him.

As in an NZ Warrior? Or NZ in the way that SBW is a kiwi?

Seems a bit early to be retiring Thaiday off next year ??

I'll admit that his form hasn't been great so far this season (or last) but what's to say he doesn't finish this year in great form ?

Seems a bit early to be retiring Thaiday off next year ??

I'll admit that his form hasn't been great so far this season (or last) but what's to say he doesn't finish this year in great form ?

Who cares if he does though. He has shown quite a few times over the years that once he gets a new contract he goes back to being lazy.

Well Paul White gave Thaiday the kiss of death the other day.

Paul denied the rumors about him moving on to the Titans and said that he would like to see Thaiday finish his time at the Broncos.

So I guess that means he is almost certain to get the chop now.

Bennett is pretty tight with the dollars (not that its necessarily a bad thing) and I think he sees Thaiday asking too much and offering too little. I'd say that was the same reason Hannant was also let go .............. and we all know Barba was on crazy dollars.

I don't think Wayne had much say in the Hannant deal. Ben was already on the outer before Wayne got to the club and by the time he arrived, Hannant was already gone.

I also don't buy into this notion that Sam only plays well when he's playing for a contract. That's a pretty big accusation to begin with but completely dismisses any of the good games he's had from 2012-14 which is plenty, the problem is he hasn't strung those good games together to really call it a run. For a statement like that to hold weight, his best years would had to have been 2011, 2009 & 2007 when he re-signed which they weren't.

Well Paul White gave Thaiday the kiss of death the other day.

Paul denied the rumors about him moving on to the Titans and said that he would like to see Thaiday finish his time at the Broncos.

So I guess that means he is almost certain to get the chop now.

Bennett is pretty tight with the dollars (not that its necessarily a bad thing) and I think he sees Thaiday asking too much and offering too little. I'd say that was the same reason Hannant was also let go .............. .[and we all know Barba was on crazy dollars/QUOTE]

Around 850k if the many reports are to believed... which is simply horrifying.

As for Thaiday I wouldn't be surprised if this is his last year with us and I don't think that is a bad thing TBH

I feel bad saying that, because at different stages he has given us great service, especially around 2010/2011, but I just feel like he will never get back to that. I suspect a large part of that is his condition, osteo Pubis? (something like that), but regardless for what he can/will offer he won't be worth the money he would want.

FTR I don't buy into this crap that he is lazy, or only plays for a contract and I find that quite offensive. I think Sam gives his all but unfortunately at this stage of his career 'his all' is no longer a good value proposition for the Broncos

It would be best for everyone if he goes and gets his big fat retirement check from the Titans

Last edited:
If we are chasing a NZ second rower, could be Sika Manu or Lewis Brown. Or the Dogs may want to free up cap space to make sure they retain their halves and we could be after Pritchard or Kasiano.

Last edited:
I don't think it's disrespectful to say Sam can and has been lazy at times for us.

There have been plenty of times where he has made very few hitups and simply made tackles, not to mention he seems to play with a lot more enthusiasm for Qld than he does for Brisbane - probably because there's a greater chance of him being dropped for Qld than there is for Brisbane, up until now at least.

Depending on his form between now and the end of the year and the money he's chasing, I'd consider offering him a two year deal but as a benchie. If he's not happy with that, the Titans are welcome to him and so long thanks for the memories Sam.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• mrtij
  • broncoscope
  • Bucking Beads
  • Redfern_1980
  • Dexter
  • Sproj
  • Evander
  • Slippin Jimmy
  • Culhwch
  • Howie
  • Aldo
  • Foordy
  • Broncosarethebest
  • kman
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Gaz
  • Lurker
  • bert_lifts
  • maddo
  • Cavalo
... and 6 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.