Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently Taupau is getting linked with Souths, if we win the premiership this year and Parker decides to hang up the boots a year early, we should be throwing any available cap room we have directly at him, he's precisely what we need, and I think he'd fit in nicely considering we've got Blair & Gavet from the Tigers crew, as well as the NZ coach.

8. McGuire
9. McCullough
10. Blair
11. Glenn
12. Gillett
13. Taupau

14. Thaiday
15. Gavet
16. Wallace
17. Nikorima

Now that's a ****ing forward pack.

He's a monster but he goes missing a bit, 1 in 3 or 4 games he has a good 1.... Although I think Bennett would get that sorted. I'm thinking Moose will get the 13 when Parker says goodbye.

I like Taupau for about three minutes a game. Then he disappears.

(Not really, I agree that Ofahengaue is certainly going to be a better first grade player, I'd say a full season of ISC would do wonders for his development, more so than 15 minutes off the bench for us)

Little bit of both.

Agreed, punching it up against a few less talented, but still old hard heads week in, week out, would do him good. He would regularly start bending the line IMO, with an occasional break through against the ISC's lesser defensive efforts.

Still think the odd 15 mins here and there in the NRL would be of equal value.

I like Taupau for about three minutes a game. Then he disappears.

The Tiggers are just a huge mess. Let's not forget Blair was like that there too.

Nah you guys are wrong, I just went back and had a look at his stats for the season, in games where he started at lock he was averaging like 140m per game with a bunch of tackle breaks and offloads. He's had an injury interrupted season, but there's no doubting that he's a machine, get him healthy and under Bennett's tutelage and he'll be the best lock in the game.

When did this thread turn into a game of 'are we there yet?'

Can we sign this guy?

No

Can we sign that guy?

No

Surely we can sign this guy now, surely.

No.

Unless they're actually linked to the club, it's all just wishful thinking.

He's a monster but he goes missing a bit, 1 in 3 or 4 games he has a good 1.... Although I think Bennett would get that sorted. I'm thinking Moose will get the 13 when Parker says goodbye.

May Parker play forever but if he does go out when we win the premiership this year, I hope we go with this:

8. Joffa
9. Macca
10. Blair
11. Glenn
12. Gillett
13. Moose

14. Kikorima
15. Thaiday
16. Wallace/Gavet
17. Arrow

May Parker play forever but if he does go out when we win the premiership this year, I hope we go with this:

8. Joffa
9. Macca
10. Blair
11. Glenn
12. Gillett
13. Moose

14. Kikorima
15. Thaiday
16. Wallace/Gavet
17. Arrow

Big Joe definitely has that star quality doesn't he, but should Corey step down I still think Bennett will put Wallace in front of Joffa until he has paid his dues coming off the bench. We all know Bennett doesn't like to rush these things... Parker won't retire yet anyway he'll play till he's 45

When did this thread turn into a game of 'are we there yet?'

Can we sign this guy?

No

Can we sign that guy?

No

Surely we can sign this guy now, surely.

No.

Unless they're actually linked to the club, it's all just wishful thinking.

Yeah I suppose these posts should go in the 2016 speculation thread or something, there's no actual rumours here, my bad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Maranta to tigers

Heard it here first

Re: Maranta to tigers

They just signed two wingers.

Justin Hunt and Jordan Rapana

Their salary cap is pretty screwed up, I doubt it.

Moved this thread here as it's just a rumour at this stage.

Anyway, I can't see Maranta going there. Tigers salary cap is a bit of a mess.

Last edited:
The Tigers in general are a mess

I thought it was Rankin but I may have misread

it could be Rankin ... i was going from memory when i posted that... either way the signed two wingers :thumb:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Xzei
  • Browny
  • Wolfie
  • Sproj
  • Waynesaurus
  • johnny plath
  • Rambstien
  • Totally Unr3al
  • Aldo
  • Robboi_321
  • Gaz
  • ChewThePhatt
  • theshed
  • broncos4life
  • heartly87
  • Morepudding
  • Foordy
  • Shane Tronc
  • Lozza
... and 16 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.